WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
#5, #4, #3, #2: Have not encountered nor experienced any of these.
#1: Vehemently dislike DRLs no matter where they're located so I have them turned off via the instrument cluster menu. Very first thing I did before driving it off dealer lot.

EDIT: Would have been preferable to me if the key blade extended and retracted by way of a sliding button on the back of the fob instead of having the switchblade button, which I consider an unnecessary bit of "because we can" overdesign..

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sell it if you HATE it.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
should have ordered a lariat?

Jay144

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords
I agree about the DRLs. Maybe good for motorcycles, but cars....no.
I also turned them off first thing in both my Edge and Transit Connect.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like DRLs on cars, just not if they're using the low beam headlights like the XL/XLT. Incorporated correctly, like the Lariat, they're quite nice.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Lariat so not a many problems he had I'll have. What's funny is for me the USB A is so freaking tight I leave the cord in and have a dedicated car cord. Makes charging easier since it makes great contact.

When I first got mine and put my charging cable in, I thought "I'm going to need a cord just for this truck" cause pulling it out every time to take with me was going to damage the plug end of the cord.

The lariat with the push button start is a definite plus I didn't consider when I chose the lariat. The center console has the rear window control in the middle with the push button where the USB was on his, and the USB on mine is the far right.

And the lights I think again was ford keeping the maverick as cheap as possible to use the low beams for drls.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before the maverick came out I never knew how many people hate keys and love push to start. I'm only 32 and it makes me feel old, I hate this.

As far as everything else goes....buy a lariat? and all these items are stuff that ford has been doing for awhile. DRLs being headlights with reduced power, flip key etc. Normal.

I had several cars where the key would just fall put while driving lol just shrug and put it back in to shut it off when I got to my destination.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Lariat so not a many problems he had I'll have. What's funny is for me the USB A is so freaking tight I leave the cord in and have a dedicated car cord. Makes charging easier since it makes great contact.

When I first got mine and put my charging cable in, I thought "I'm going to need a cord just for this truck" cause pulling it out every time to take with me was going to damage the plug end of the cord.

The lariat with the push button start is a definite plus I didn't consider when I chose the lariat. The center console has the rear window control in the middle with the push button where the USB was on his, and the USB on mine is the far right.

And the lights I think again was ford keeping the maverick as cheap as possible to use the low beams for drls.
I've always kept a designated car cable. I thought this was what everyone does lol

I recommend using a high quality OEM USB C. Your AA/carplay experience will be much better with it.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just seems like an excuse to get people to his you tube page
It's like this everywhere in today's ridiculous click bait world here is just an example - " Ten reasons that this truck is just plain terrible and why you will love owning it ".

Last edited:

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Granted we have only had the EB XLT Lux CP 360 for almost a month... the A USB is not loose at all, our keys are not at all loose, neither is the ignition casing. That loose ignition is going to cause you problems at some point. I used to be a logistics manager w 100 semi's and occasionally I would have an older semi not start b/c the key was too wobbly. This was at a 1000 acre plant nursery where many different people move the trucks & it was always a big deal b/c live flowering plants are loaded in 1 day and have 30 hrs to get off the truck and still be perfect. There were never extra semi's, so something like this which usually happened at like 2-4am becomes a logistical problem lol. Keys were the reason I became a world class cussing B!+€h, lost keys, broken keys, someone took out of state by accident the only key, gate keys you name it. Everyone was afraid to say the word key to me 🤣 Get that ignition casing looked at.

Here's my 'I don't want to drive this' weekend moment...
I do not normally drive it, my husband does, it is his. He was even on vacation for 2 weeks and I didn't drive it, I was afraid something would happen under my watch 😅 This weekend though I decided it is not for me, I drove it some both w him & alone. I'm short 5'2" and SUPER picky about electric seats, I will never own another vehicle w/o a memory seat button even if it costs $20k extra, the rage I feel spending/wasting the time to get a seat perfect for me after 6'7" DH was in it is reason enough. So Sat I get in the front passengers and instantly realize where all these bruises & bumps on the back of my calves have come from! The metal rail the front seats are mounted too hits my leg (calf) when I get in the truck on both front seats! My legs are both all bruised up so bad I had to wear a long dress to a charity Ball Sat night. I have cleaned the truck 2x, added the color inside trim, set up his apps & cell ph etc while he was gone so I've been in/out of the truck a bunch. The drivers seat doesn't adjust like my 2014 Fusion so that's annoying. The stereo, no it isn't worthy of being called that, the Radio w/o XM & the lower level Sync than my 2014 Fusion, ugh 🙄 just no... I have to take it Tues to show friends, I'm already not looking forward to driving it around Orlando. It's weird feeling to me and I'm worried I've gotten too used to a small sedan I won't feel comfortable going back to driving an SUV I get this summer/fall. No doubt my husband was relieved I felt this way 😄 as I did all the chasing on the order, when it came I wanted it 🤭 also I was to get the next new vehicle & he ordered the Mav behind my back, so I was just gonna make him share. Not now 😕 I'm still excited to do mods on it though!

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So Sat I get in the front passengers and instantly realize where all these bruises & bumps on the back of my calves have come from! The metal rail the front seats are mounted too hits my leg (calf) when I get in the truck on both front seats! My legs are both all bruised up so bad I had to wear a long dress to a charity Ball Sat night.
Possible ameliorative?

Pick up one of those pool noodle things, cut it to the length of the rail and then cut a slit along one side of the length of that piece so it can be wrapped around the hard metal of the rail.

machoneguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Escape , 1972 Mach 1 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for watching

Mister, you sound like a picky old lady! I AM a picky old lady and I absolutely love my hybrid XLT Maverick!! I never noticed the "wobbly" key as you put it! I have used my USB port from day one! It works fine!
My absolute favorite thing (outside of the heated seats and steering wheel) is the inside door handles and the fact that this is the first truck I do not need a cushion to sit on to see. I can also get my arthritic body in and out very easily!
So, in conclusion, Mister, if you are not happy with your Maverick I know PLENTY of people who would gladly take it off your hands!
Sponsored