Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
You want a Lariat. Not haveing those things keep this truck inexpensive.
Yeah but I hate that brown interior 😒
Sponsored

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is not fidgeting with a key that you have to keep nearby anyways really worth that much value to potential shoppers???
Kinda, I always thought one touch up and down for windows was pointless. Thought the keyless start was pointless. Thought wireless android auto was pointless.

Now I'm finding myself missing one touch up on my window, and one touch down+up on the others. Find myself absolutely missing just leaving the fob in my pocket and not worrying about it at all. With wireless android auto in my maverick due to adapter, I can't imagine going back to plugging my phone instead of again just leaving it in my pocket.

Now I would definitely get another car that doesn't have one touch up or down, and still uses a key to turn on but I would not get a car that doesn't have some form of android auto. (Bluetooth connection wasn't cutting it in previous car, I would have to use my phone depending on where I was going or if I wanted to change music etc)

I think for certain people it's akin to these are just things you get used to and would never relinquish once you have it. Sorta like if you use computers a lot, and you start using more than one monitor, you'll never want to go back to one monitor.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

3 things I love about the Maverick.

1. Cool ass orange on the XLT interior
2. Fairly simple infotainment screen
3. It has a key

3 things I hate about the Maverick.

1. There isnt more cool ass orange accents on the XLT inside and out.
2. It has an infotainment screen and not just a basic radio. AM/FM, CD, AUX, USB, Bluetooth, done.
3. The key is part of some big dumb fob, that doesnt help me in any way. No one is stealing my truck I dont need a fancy chipped key or a button to unlock it from a short distance.

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
Push to Start is the silliest "deal breaker" to me when people say they can't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have it.

Not referring to anyone in this thread, just speaking in general.

Is not fidgeting with a key that you have to keep nearby anyways really worth that much value to potential shoppers???

Wild.
The Convenience of having a push start button then fussing with your keys.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Push to Start is the silliest "deal breaker" to me when people say they can't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have it.

Not referring to anyone in this thread, just speaking in general.

Wild.
That's how I feel about complaints of No Wireless Android Auto/Carplay.

Literally takes 3 seconds to plug your phone in. Not to mention the battery drain and bugs/lag with wireless. I've tried it, don't care for it.

Interior color Was almost a deal breaker for me, especially since the build site pics look deceivingly Gray in color.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
It's not a deal breaker but honestly, it's absolutely worth it. Keyless entry and ignition where you never have to take your key out of your pocket is the greatest thing, especially if you have a busy life, kids, groceries, etc.
This👆🏻

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
I purchased the Lariat trim specifically for keyless entry and push button start. It wasn't a deal breaker but I wanted it so...

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the lariat almost entirely got the faux leather seats. The push button start is nice but not necessary. But I do prefer it. And atheistic I like the lights and wheels better.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Convenience of having a push start button then fussing with your keys.
Im guessing you were attacked in a horror movie and ran to your car but got eaten because you were so freaked out and dropped your keys over and over again.

Your definition of "fussing" is spend 0.7 seconds pulling out a key. If that was so hard for me to do that that it would influence me I dont know how i could go on. To me that sounds like standing in a Home Depot and looking at door knobs. One is $24.99 and has a key. One is $499.99 and has an electronic key, that runs on batteries, that you have to replace. If you must have the electronic one and are willing to pay for it, could I borrow $24.99 for mine because you are rich as hell.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the truck but my list might be longer than 3 :) I narrowed it down though so I don’t seem negative. :)

1. Interior plastic scratches easier than any car I’ve ever owned.
2. Visibility out the back window is as bad as some sports cars I’ve driven.
3. Seat fabric on the XLT is just a cover and already has some spots where it looks loose from the seat frame.
Sponsored