First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Lariat and I really like the colors. I do wish the seats were leather so I could have air conditioned seats (like my wife's Mazda CX-5). I also wished my Mav had the heads up display like my wife's Mazda. Otherwise, I truly love my Mav!!

BTW, keyless entry and push button rocks!! I hate getting my keys out of my pocket, especially when it is below zero weather!
Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im guessing you were attacked in a horror movie and ran to your car but got eaten because you were so freaked out and dropped your keys over and over again.

Your definition of "fussing" is spend 0.7 seconds pulling out a key. If that was so hard for me to do that that it would influence me I dont know how i could go on. To me that sounds like standing in a Home Depot and looking at door knobs. One is $24.99 and has a key. One is $499.99 and has an electronic key, that runs on batteries, that you have to replace. If you must have the electronic one and are willing to pay for it, could I borrow $24.99 for mine because you are rich as hell.
Good gravy

Given the subject title, folks are expected to give their opinions. Someone listing fussing with their key as something they hate is as valid as any other answer.

AC13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT / 1964 Ford Fairlane 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My list:

1. I ordered mine in June and haven't been scheduled yet.
2. See item 1.
3. See item 1.

😓

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen it in the news recently but I was reading an article about stealing cars getting easier with all the keyless entries and push button starts. This requires the key remote to transmit its code all the time so somebody just walks by you reads your code and then walks up to your nice new truck, door unlocks they climb in push the button and they're gone. Don't worry though they sell special pockets you can put your key fob in so it doesn't transmit but then you'd have to take it out and just give me the damn key.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
This is more slight dislike instead of hate, but…

1. Soft paint. I already had a few tiny rock chips before I got my PPF with only 100 miles on the truck.
2. Stock speakers are meh in the XLT. Replaceable but a bit of a pain.
3. Not the biggest fan of orange, but I dislike the light brown in the Lariat even more, so I settled on the XLT (also money lol). I just swapped my orange rubber tray out for an XL version and it’s much better, and thankfully the other orange accents are inoffensive.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is what I envision with all those that just can't stand using a key.
You leave the house and walk to your truck and then realize you left your key in your other pants or on the dining room table because you thought you remembered picking it up

Or, you are leaving work after a long day and can't wait to get home. You get all your things together, get out to your truck and realize you left your fob on your desk because you had to shuffle items in your suit pockets.

Or you realize you left your fob on your desk after you emptied your purse looking for your wallet to pay for your lunch and never returned it.

Not ever having just a push button start, is the above even a thing?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Push to Start is the silliest "deal breaker" to me when people say they can't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have it.

Not referring to anyone in this thread, just speaking in general.

Is not fidgeting with a key that you have to keep nearby anyways really worth that much value to potential shoppers???

Wild.
Yeah and makes it easier to steal your truck.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't seen it in the news recently but I was reading an article about stealing cars getting easier with all the keyless entries and push button starts. This requires the key remote to transmit its code all the time so somebody just walks by you reads your code and then walks up to your nice new truck, door unlocks they climb in push the button and they're gone. Don't worry though they sell special pockets you can put your key fob in so it doesn't transmit but then you'd have to take it out and just give me the damn key.
You wrap the fob in aluminum foil. Same as you would your passport or credit/debt cards that transmit rfid. If it really is an issue you'll see leather fob covers that are metal lined to do the same thing on amazon like they do with wallets now.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So for me it would be:

1. Having to repick the mode you want to drive in every time you start the vehicle.(just let me default it to Eco!)

2. The rear seat storage not being a split bench. Having to remove passengers or car seats or luggage or whatever from the other side of the vehicle just so I can access the storage bin on the driver's side is kinda annoying, not gonna lie.

3. This one might be exclusive to me, but the rattle from the driver's side visor vibrating/banging against the trim. I need to figure out how to fix this because it's driving me nuts.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll play along. Like most anything it is never complete love it or hate it deal usually combo of both just a matter of which side of the scale it lands when you add up the loves and hates.

Front seats could be better designed ergonomically.

How much more would it have cost to add d-ring anchors in the back of the bed as a standard option. Having a lower strap point in the back of the bed especially when you transport stuff with the tail down is almost mandatory especially when it is something light weight like a ladder for example.

The rear camera. The fact you can't use it with the tailgate down makes it useless as tits on a boar for when you need it the most as a safety feature. They couldn't have situated it in the cab light at the back of the bed above the rear window like they do in the F350's?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No interior color options for each trim
What recent manufactures allow different interior color options?

Our last two purchases a 2009 Honda CR-V EX and a 2015 Honda Fit EX had no options for different interior colors. If they did I sure would have picked something different than the black interior on the Fit because here in Texas that color absorbed the heat quite well in the summer.

On my Maverick XLT Hybrid I love the interior color.

No sync 4 or 3 for xlt or xl trims
For me it is a plus not having sync 4 or 3. Why should us XL and XLT owners have to pay for something we don't need. Android Auto does everything I need or want.

No start button on xlt or xl trims.
I do miss not having a start button since my Fit had it but I don't hate not having it. I am getting used to using a key again.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So for me it would be:

Having to repick the mode you want to drive in every time you start the vehicle.(just let me default it to Eco!)
That is also an annoyance for me also. Hopefully someone can figure out how to make ECO the default drive mode in Forscan.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Push to start has to be cheaper to build than a key-operated ignition switch. My cheap 2011 Mitsubishi had push to start and true keyless entry.
Same with my 2015 Honda Fit Ex. MSRP of $19,025.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Push to Start is the silliest "deal breaker" to me when people say they can't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have it.
Have you ever had a vehicle that had it?

Having a "Push Button Start" along with "Keyless Unlock" is super convenient.

Not having it I find myself numerous times getting into my truck in the garage and fumbling to get the key out of my pocket.

You may note that not having "Push Button Start" was not a deal breaker for me just an annoyance that I will have to live with.
Sponsored