Sponsored

Things I hate about my Maverick after 20k miles (from a Maverick lover)!

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say my biggest complaint with the Maverick is all the little noises it makes. The sound of creaking plastic is very annoying it gets better in the summer but still very annoying. Also I can hear the plastic undercarriage flapping every time I hit a crack on the floor . It’s the little things I guess. The radio freezing is also annoying.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

- Bed trim makes it difficult to get a water tight seal up against the cab with a hard cover. My tools are already rusty, but still.
- AM/FM interface is crappy and cumbersome, especially when using maps/messages.
- Cabin temperature numbers are meaningless as outdoor temperatures change.
- Cupholders are difficult to clean
- Lack of traditional engine noises makes it easy to zone out and end up speeding/going too slow
- Big trucks like to rev and roll coal at me
Ditto on all of the above plus the brakes suck; no bite; hard at slow speeds. Not a minor defect.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Inflammatory titles are how people try to get you to read their threads and view their YouTube videos. Often they have nothing to do with the actual content or are the opposite of the content.
So just Clickbait

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrettMaverick

BrettMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT FX4 lux Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say my biggest complaint with the Maverick is all the little noises it makes. The sound of creaking plastic is very annoying it gets better in the summer but still very annoying. Also I can hear the plastic undercarriage flapping every time I hit a crack on the field. It’s the little things I guess. The radio freezing is also annoying.
Lol, it does make some noises at times!

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say my biggest complaint with the Maverick is all the little noises it makes. The sound of creaking plastic is very annoying it gets better in the summer but still very annoying. Also I can hear the plastic undercarriage flapping every time I hit a crack on the field. It’s the little things I guess. The radio freezing is also annoying.
I agree little noises are my biggest complaint. A close second is lack of some conveniences that I’ve gotten used to. Such as auto dimming rear view mirror, fog lights and rear window defroster. I’ve got a Lariat with lux package which is top of line so you’d think it would have those features.
Sponsored