Sponsored

2024 Maverick Lariat tailgate assist - best product recommendations?

Geppetto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking to purchase tailgate assist, recommendations? Looking at kits, it appears along with having to remove the left bottle opener, the peg to hold gate in mid drop position is not there. Does that need to be removed also? It's purpose is to hold gate at height of wheelwell for full sheets of plywood.
Sponsored

Eldrick1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought this for for $23 at the current 25% off from Amazon. Works as expected.
(I also like the pair of little Maverick stickers it comes with. I put one on the back of my receiver hitch cover).

https://a.co/d/g9mOQ1m

OP
OP

Geppetto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The middle peg is still there. The DeeZee kit uses it to retain the mounting plate for the upper shock mount point.

1716558587616-dg.png
Thanks, so the cable can't be moved to that peg to half drop the tailgate?

Sponsored

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The TOP peg is where you move the cable to to have the tailgate in the intermediate position. It is not affected by the installation.

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put another way: The only thing you loose is the bottle opener/tie down on the driver's side of the tailgate. [When you remove the bottle opener, you reinstall the screw in the hole]. All other tailgate functions remain.

Mr Pibb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobalt 09, 2024 Lariat on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Lux FX4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking to purchase tailgate assist, recommendations? Looking at kits, it appears along with having to remove the left bottle opener, the peg to hold gate in mid drop position is not there. Does that need to be removed also? It's purpose is to hold gate at height of wheelwell for full sheets of plywood.

I bought this ONE.

Works great and is only 22.99

Oh and it comes with the torx that you need as well. Actually it comes with everything that you need to install. All tools are provided.
Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Lariat tailgate assist - best product recommendations? 1716654295890-

MAVCORuss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray ‘24 Maverick XLT EB FX4 4K ; ‘16 BMW X3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also got the OMT unit because I liked the black finished mounting hardware plates. It appears to be the same as the DeeZee unit. The OMT version installs the same way and works well.

THagen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used the Orion tailgate assist from Amazon. Works well.

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a TMS tailgate assist strut, one of the cheaper kits on Amazon ($20). Decent quality and fit, works as designed, quick install, no clearance issues with the gate cable, good price. Be aware though that for this brand/model, the assist kicks in after opening it about a third of the way which this thread says isn't the same as other brands. Regardless, it works to prevent a BANG!!! from dropping the gate so it's fine for me. Its lower bracket screw is showing rust after one winter and that's a bit disappointing though.

Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Lariat tailgate assist - best product recommendations? img_0817-

If you'd like a replacement tie down bracket that doesn't interfere with the strut or cable, I'm selling a few that I've made. Details are in my thread here.

Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Lariat tailgate assist - best product recommendations? image1-

Reactions: 2B1
OP
OP

Geppetto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Purchased the DeeZee, installed without issue other than not having a T50. Vice grips worked just as well!
Sponsored