First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the DEEZEE and have had no issues with 12K on it. They are all probably just about the same in the 20-30 price range. Tie downs are not an issue for me. I have them all over the bed in every hole..more than 22. Without the DEEZEE the tailgate drops too hard and fast. The only issue is closing the tailgate takes a little more effort now and slightly longer. Make sure you tighten those bolts REALLY TIGHT or it will loosen up. I ended up replacing the torx since I starting stripping the head out since it loosened up on me twice...my fault for not cranking down on it in the first place.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRH

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the DEEZEE and have had no issues with 12K on it. They are all probably just about the same in the 20-30 price range. Tie downs are not an issue for me. I have them all over the bed in every hole..more than 22. Without the DEEZEE the tailgate drops too hard and fast. The only issue is closing the tailgate takes a little more effort now and slightly longer. Make sure you tighten those bolts REALLY TIGHT or it will loosen up. I ended up replacing the torx since I starting stripping the head out since it loosened up on me twice...my fault for not cranking down on it in the first place.
Would you suggest Loctite ( the blue removable one)? Anyone, thoughts?

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you suggest Loctite ( the blue removable one)? Anyone, thoughts?
It might help but the issue is to make sure that that bolt is tight so it doesn't move around because it is really more like a clamping that takes place. Loctite will only help prevent the bolt from coming loose but if it isn't tight the assembly can slowly move around if it isn't clamped down hard enough. Make sure you use the correct torx socket for a tight fit since that torx head will strip out if the wrong torx is used. Not the best quality bolt in my opinion.

Taz357

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got that one for several reasons. Price, it came with the installation tools, and the reviews. It did not engage soon enough for my liking and I sent it back and ordered the Deezee.

Here is my thread about my experience. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/how-soon-does-your-tailgate-assist-engage.43713/
I bought the DeeZee and it doesn't engage for about the first 10 inches either. If I need to replace it, I will probably try the roughcountry one.

Sponsored

donaldtr54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi all! Really want to install a tailgate assist. Will have to buy from Amazon. Any thoughts? Any experiences? This one seems to be "Amazon's choice" so was going to perhaps go with it? Thoughts? Anybody try this kit or any of the kits out there?

https://a.co/d/beBmx4b
I have one from Ford accessories, easy to install, used my points after buying truck.

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought this one: Tailgate Assist though I don't find it THAT useful. I end up waiting for it to open...
I bought the TMS tailgate assist strut, one of the cheaper kits on Amazon ($20). Decent quality and fit, works as designed, quick install, no clearance issues with the gate cable, and a good price. Be aware though that for this brand/model, the assist kicks in after opening it about a third of the way. And its bracket lower screw rusted heavily after just one winter. If any of these kits looks like it has bare metal screws, it's probably a good idea to hit it with some paint before installing.

I'd like to get a tailgate assist, but I dislike the idea of losing that tie down point. Anyone added anything to the tailgate to assist with tie downs that aren't on the side of the tailgate by the assist?
I made a simple one from some steel from my workshop scrap bin. The loop clears the strut when closing the gate.

Ford Maverick Best Tailgate assist on Amazon img_1558-

A few people asked if I'd make them one, so I made a few more. If anyone would like one, I posted a thread here in the For Sale forum.
Sponsored