First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the dates listed, EVERY MY23 Maverick produced up to February 10th with the tow package is affected by the recall.
My Lariat built 12-12-22 has the problem. I went to hookup a trailer and the running lights did not work or the 7 plug terminal.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat built 12-12-22 has the problem. I went to hookup a trailer and the running lights did not work or the 7 plug terminal.
Does your Mav have the 4K Tow Package?

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those with the 4K tow package, the combo connector is fed by (1) harness, using the industry standard USCAR connector. The "split" between the RV-7 and the flat-4 occurs inside the connector. It looks like this: https://www.curtmfg.com/part/57015

HRG

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) Curt RV-7 Flat-4 USCAR.JPG

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It did on mine, the combo connector is fed by 1 harness. The split incurs inside the connector.

HRG
My Lariat with 4k package, the 4 pin is missing power on the running light and the 7 pin has no power to it, checked with pin tester.

RSM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2012 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was built Feb 4. I picked it up Mar 4th. Waiting for the recall notice

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seriously, how does a truck get through an assembly line without someone plugging a tester into the trailer ports?!
Humans make mistakes and forget to plug things in, damage wires, or otherwise screw things up.

And this is just the running lights. Imagine if the supplier "forgot" the wire for the trailer brakes.

This is something that would've been caught with a test that would take <1 minute on an assembly line. For them to miss it for almost three months is inexcusable! Really makes me wonder what else they might have missed that a quick check would've caught.
maybe the bean counters will do some cost vs risk analysis ..probably not...let's see spend a minute testing a plug or issue recalls and have to pony up for the fix later on and add to the poor PR. Wonder which one is going to cost more?

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my little 4-pin trailer tester on to my 1/12/23 build. It works fine, as others have stated...and I was in the middle of this period. Too bad Ford didn't specify the 7-pin was the problem, but I am pretty sure it is NOT a 4-pin problem.
I tested my 4 pin and the running light is not powered and the 7 pin has no power to any pin. I have the 4k package

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
maybe the bean counters will do some cost vs risk analysis ..probably not...let's see spend a minute testing a plug or issue recalls and have to pony up for the fix later on and add to the poor PR. Wonder which one is going to cost more?
I would imagine that a fair amount of this recall cost will be pushed over to the harness vendor, who delivered non-conforming product.

Unless the proof exists that it was a Ford Engineering specification problem.

HRG

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tested my 4 pin and the running light is not powered and the 7 pin has no power to any pin. I have the 4k package
So, does this suggest that the wiring harness on the AWD with 4K is different than the wiring harness on all the other vehicles? I've still not found any Mav except the AWD with 4K on the recall list.

EDIT: wouldn't it make sense that a different wiring harness would be used since the 4K has trailer brake electricals?

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, does this suggest that the wiring harness on the AWD with 4K is different than the wiring harness on all the other vehicles? I've still not found any Mav except the AWD with 4K on the recall list.

EDIT: wouldn't it make sense that a different wiring harness would be used since the 4K has trailer brake electricals?

I wouldn't know. I plan to go to my dealer and see what they have planned. I need my trailer lights functioning.

JoeJoe311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster N, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this is kind of interesting. Once I downloaded the 13,586 page service manual, I could use the information provided in my repair ticket, and pinpoint where my repair took place. This is an under-hood harness (#14290), the missing wire was from splice # S122 to the BJB (Battery Junction Box) connector # C1035A, missing pin #33.

HRG
Sponsored

Attachments