Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess there have been more fires reported on the EB than on Hybrids.
Why?

Pretty sure if you add 10+ quarts to your Hybrid, it's going to have an adverse outcome as well...
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why?

Pretty sure if you add 10+ quarts to your Hybrid, it's going to have an adverse outcome as well...
You having a CVA? Stay on track here

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You having a CVA? Stay on track here
On track with what? You commented about EB fires but all reported ones we've seen on this forum have been operator error... not recall related.

Your "They are jealous" attitude is ridiculous.

It's no secret if FORD had the 2.5 in an AWD and 4x4 version of the Maverick, there would be no need for the EB's in the Mavericks. Some prefer it, some could care less. For most it's all about the AWD/4WD and less about what engine is in their vehicle. And some of us have enjoyed both the 2.5 and the 2.0... You aint royalty here. Nobody is jealous. Very few even care. But the ones on this forum who think their version puts them in a higher class of human? Ridiculous.

So yea, some people find more comfort in knowing they are not going to be potential victims of a disaster there is currently no real solution for, especially when a company that has made it very clear they are not interested in solving it. Why they brag about it? Same reason you seem to enjoy bragging I guess? Maybe a mental disorder.

Last edited:

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least it didn't BLOW UP.
Pintos didn't "Just Blow Up". There was no Spontaneous Combustion. There was an accident / incident, usually a rear-ending that caused the explosion.

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol....
Who proofreads these before they go out of Ford. Lol at max speed!!!! 110 mph? Well it's not going to be a problem for me but I know some of you have a lead foot.

TheGoodEgg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

a quick overview of PCM functionality.

It seems to me this is just a firmware/software update. Without knowing the context of this recall - exactly what prompted the change of code - we are only guessing.

The fact they are issuing this as a general recall, not a TSB shows it's critical enough to be applied across the board.

On the other hand, it's not the same as quality issues such as bad engine and transmission design that cause them to break down prematurely.

I think the best thing for everyone here is to get to the bottom of it and find out more about the context of the recall rather than talk trash.

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would there be a new vehicle delivery hold issued now, when the problem was fixed far enough back that all these Mavericks would’ve long ago left the lot as sold vehicles?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would there be a new vehicle delivery hold issued now, when the problem was fixed far enough back that all these Mavericks would’ve long ago left the lot as sold vehicles?
It's in part just regulatory necessity--can't sell a new vehicle with an open recall--but there is a small possibility it could be one of the 2023's on hold for the engine recall already.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm scheduled for Saturday for PCM flash. 🤞

I'm more interested in what they're going to do for the other recall. Surely, they're not going to replace camshafts...

Iron Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid - 2019 HD Road Glide
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just received a phone call from my local dealer for the 23E09 recall. Three weeks out, but glad they have a fix. They said they need the Mav all day. Seemed excessive, so I called another local dealer and they said the same thing. O well, at least they will shuttle me home and back.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kind of feel the Ford Maverick should’ve been called Ford Pinto instead.

Seems like a more fitting name at this point :ROFLMAO:
No not really.

Maverick: a person known for shocking remarks or outrageous behavior. Deviant. Non-conformist. An individual who does not go along with a group or party.
No, really. The similarities are a defect with a potentially dangerous fire issue and Ford trying to figure out the cheapest way to minimize their liability exposure.
Sponsored