First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise control and power mirrors standard on the xl. Maybe sync 4 on all models, some new colors and a price increase. That’s about all I see changing.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couldn’t they just double the battery size under the back seat? Don’t need that space, would rather have more miles.
The battery under the back seat is the 12v, not the hybrid battery - that's underbody.

That said, I thought I saw somewhere that there is space for another or a larger hybrid battery under there, perhaps for future updates to this same model. That's just speculation though.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see them making many (if any) significant changes in MY23. There may be some paint color adds/drops and maybe a few tweaks to any consistently reported pain points. They might remove the bed liners from the luxury packages. If the chip situation improves, perhaps they'll improve the infotainment system on non-Lariat Lux models.

Ford probably intends to both keep this vehicle as an econonical option and still give customers reasons to upgrade to Lariat Lux or even move up to a Ranger to get certain functionality or utility.

Sponsored

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the chip situation improves, perhaps they'll improve the infotainment system on non-Lariat Lux models.
The chip situation isn't improving until calendar year 2023, and probably not until Q2. And unless the market crashes and demands go down it will be a very soft improvement even then.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The chip situation isn't improving until calendar year 2023, and probably not until Q2. And unless the market crashes and demands go down it will be a very soft improvement even then.
Agreed

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
with the announced and planned move of production (2024?) of Transit Connect to Hermosillo factory, I would not expect any significant incremental yearly changes to Maverick. More likely a change to improved platform for all at same time a couple years down the road. Maverick orders exceeded expectations in 1st year and led to early closing of orders. That tells me the basic formula won't change and won't lead to reduced sales if they only offer minor cosmetic options until major refresh.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since Ford is in the business of making money. I see two new trim lines for the 2023 Maverick. The EV version will be a maverick Lightening and cost 39,999. The ST trim will have a larger Ecoboost engine, heavy duty brakes and suspension and cost 34,999.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since Ford is in the business of making money. I see two new trim lines for the 2023 Maverick. The EV version will be a maverick Lightening and cost 39,999. The ST trim will have a larger Ecoboost engine, heavy duty brakes and suspension and cost 34,999.
I'd like to see that. But I do not expect that. Also, the ST version will be more expensive than an AWD Ecoboost Lariat Lux. Which $36K ish now. And prices will be more expensive next MY due to inflation.

You might be right for a Lightning version pricing start as that would likely be a base model.

Sponsored

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eruption Green would have me considering ordering A 2024 model.

I fully expect an AWD hybrid using electric rear wheel drive, much like Toyota, Honda use. Probably not until 2026 or so at the rate we're going.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparing to the other models that share the C2 platform, I don’t see much changing other then some new colors added. Maybe the more off road trim we’ve seen tested, but other then that I don’t see much. 2024 might have Hybrid AWD or an all EV. We know an EV is coming of it and is possible as the Mach E is a modified C2 platform

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stand alone cruise option for XL
That should be doable, upgrade to the XLT steering wheel and change a couple bits in the computers. People on this forum have already done it.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t expect any changes expect picking what your want of lux editions maybe. Maybe . Like if you just want one thing you can do that . Might help with chip shortages

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add a few more.
driver side one touch up/down
driver side lumbar support
under the bed storage