Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

5: Drive Mode Functionality

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 I agree that having a message stating "Do you want to stay in Drive Mode XXX" would be great as it takes so many button pushes to get back to ECO mode
I'd prefer it to just default to the last drive mode that I selected. Just like the AC temp stays were I last left it instead of always defaulting to 74Âş or something equally silly. If you (Ford) are worried drivers will "forget" what mode they're in, perhaps you could just have the display "flash" the pre-selected drive mode as a reminder?

With the Maverick, I suspect that ECO mode will actually still provide adequate around-town performance, so my Maverick will likely stay in ECO to save gas. My current Prius stays in ECO mode 99% of the time because frankly it's so slow (even in standard mode) that there's no real point in NOT being in ECO... LOL
Sponsored

stats

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Hot Pepper XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you need a bigger battery? You won't gain anything. The truck is a Hybrid, not a EV. You can't drive any distance on electric only.
The Mav hybrid will actually drive quite a long way on battery only in ECO mode. Haven't measured but it's a few miles sometimes. That's how 45+ mpg is routinely achievable. .

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Mav hybrid will actually drive quite a long way on battery only in ECO mode. Haven't measured but it's a few miles sometimes. That's how 45+ mpg is routinely achievable. .
Correct, not sure where they got that you can’t drive on electric only. Sounds like someone who has never driven a hybrid. There are some hybrids that can’t drive electric only but the maverick for sure can. As far as gaining from a larger battery, of course you would however without a plugin capability it would be a limited benefit.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here is the issue with you comment, the engine starts and is used as a generator, you might not hear the engine run.

and if you say I'm full of :poop:

watch this

stats

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Hot Pepper XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the issue with you comment, the engine starts and is used as a generator, you might not hear the engine run.

and if you say I'm full of :poop:

watch this

You obviously haven't driven the Hybrid Maverick. Yes, the engine turns on to recharge the battery after it's reached the level where it needs to be recharged or if you push the pedal down to demand more power than the battery-electric motor can provide. Until that point, it's whisper quit battery mode. You can feel it anytime when the engine starts.

Sponsored

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the description -

Surprised offer of Hybrid AWD wasn't on there - maybe they're waiting for 2024 when they can catch with demand? (I know this is a list of wanted changes not confirmations)
It could be because that are waiting on patent to expire from Lincoln who has an electric motor for the phev awd system on the 20+ Corsairs.

I know that it sounds weird but I was informed of this from the Ford/Lincoln dealer that I ordered my Mav from.

Just my thoughts, I haven't verified anything but I thought that it sounded logical at the time.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NEW VIDEO TONIGHT at 7:15pm CT
2023 Ford Maverick - 12 Changes We Need

12 Changes that should be made for the 23 Ford Maverick:
0:00 Introduction
1:39 1. Rear Seat Back
2:45 2. Rear Seat Cushion Design
3:20 3. SYNC 3 Standard
3:52 4. CoPilot 360 Package
4:38 5. Drive Mode Functionality
5:35 6. Auto Start/Stop Delete
5:58 7. XL Optional Package
6:32 8. Luxury Package Changes
7:55 9. Fog Lights
8:29 10. Sport Package
9:04 11. SiriusXM
9:34 12. Navigation

Where is the auto dim rear view mirror?

Poizon_iv_19

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
1. Better ordering and tracking system
2. More honest communication from Ford
3. Less scammy dealers
4. Better ordering and tracking system
5. Better ordering and tracking system
6. Better ordering and tracking system
7. Better ordering and tracking system
8. Better ordering and tracking system
9. Better ordering and tracking system
10. Better ordering and tracking system
11. Better ordering and tracking system
12. Ford actually building the damn trucks!
You forgot “ACTUALLY DELIVERING“ the damn trucks!
yep you see that date on my profile right? Still awaiting shipment. 🤦🏼‍♀️

kjammer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer 2014 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would want the cruise control,fog lights , and to get rid of that cubby
That cubby makes me think they were going to put a full sized screen in there until the bean counters replaced it with a cell phone screen.

Sponsored

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a few things I'd change, but the first that comes to mind is the Grand Canyon sized gap between the windshield and hood. We had a significant snow last night, and the gap was packed full! Some of that snow goes right over the top of the plastic barrier underneath and into the engine compartment. I brushed most out, and will try and remember to cover the gap with my windshield snow cover in the future. But, man, what a PITA! Ford was not thinking of winter when they designed that huge chasm!

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a few things I'd change, but the first that comes to mind is the Grand Canyon sized gap between the windshield and hood. We had a significant snow last night, and the gap was packed full! Some of that snow goes right over the top of the plastic barrier underneath and into the engine compartment. I brushed most out, and will try and remember to cover the gap with my windshield snow cover in the future. But, man, what a PITA! Ford was not thinking of winter when they designed that huge chasm!
I thought I was the only one who had that issue - I too use a snow cover for that area but it's still annoying. I almost wonder if the wiper blades were supposed to "park" down there but then the design was changed.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That cubby makes me think they were going to put a full sized screen in there until the bean counters replaced it with a cell phone screen.
They were going to put in a larger screen but couldn't make the price point with it. Plus many other lower and even mid-priced cars had 8" screens in 2022.
Sponsored