DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, no update from the Dealer. No call from them either. I did call and leave a message.... Ford app shows 12 vehicle alerts now. Hoping @Ford Motor Company is watching this thread and can help escalate...
With FORScan you can program the modules in hex but I am not sure if it will display the data values in hex. It is free to download and you can get a trial license. The recommended connector is pretty cheap as well. I would just get it and see.

I don't have access to mine at the moment to check it.
Sponsored

Thex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With FORScan you can program the modules in hex but I am not sure if it will display the data values in hex. It is free to download and you can get a trial license. The recommended connector is pretty cheap as well. I would just get it and see.

I don't have access to mine at the moment to check it.
HAHA - Not sure if they would want me in their shop with my own computer. And I dont know what their definition of bricked is.... it may not be readable...

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
New incident for me on a recent road trip. I had the check engine light activate once on me back in May when I was on the interstate with cruise set around 75 MPH and I hit the accelerator to go around someone. Just the Yellow/Orange light and it disappeared a day later. On this last trip, same scenario, but the vehicle threw a RED powertrain failure light and went into limp mode. The dash instructed me to pull over when safely possible. Power to accessories(but not HVAC) was on, but drivetrain was not functioning. Luckily, once I got over to the shoulder, I was able to reset the vehicle by doing a complete shutdown of the vehicle. It took a couple of tries, but it came back to life. We were able to continue on with no issues at all other than a Yellow/Orange engine light that disappeared in a couple of hours of continued interstate driving. It was a crazy scenario though and a step up from the first incident. @Ford Motor Company
Reposting this to keep the issue front and center. This has happened to me three different times, all in very similar scenarios. Note that the only way to get a full reset was to turn off truck and slightly open the door to fully shut down before powering back on. It is very concerning that some dealers are doing transmission repairs. This really seems like more of a sensor/programming issue since my experience is that after the power cycle, the truck is fine. It is definitely a major issue since the truck can drop into limp mode while you are at highway speeds and require you to navigate to the shoulder while in traffic. @Ford Motor Company

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very disconcerting safety issue that you are experiencing, hopefully it can be resolved!

I think you hit the nail on the head in suspecting a sensor/programming issue.

My Maverick has thrown up a number of doobie little fault messages on the info screen. All went away on their own, so does make me suspect the parameters for sensor inputs are too narrow in the software, poor quality sensors that drop out of range on occasion, or poor wiring. Probably a combination of these.

And of course the inconsistent braking transition at low speed.

Great vehicle with poor programming.

Good luck!
Sponsored