Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its official! You now need to put all your mods down in the signature part of your posts, so we can all dream of speed. Now I want to build me a Tremor R. Im pretty sure you are faster than any production truck ever.
Done
Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Don't expect me to encourage your drag race time trials on a public road. That wasn't even a controlled access highway. I saw you pass freaking driveways. Grow up and save it for the track before you kill someone

Last edited:

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Its official! You now need to put all your mods down in the signature part of your posts, so we can all dream of speed. Now I want to build me a Tremor R. Im pretty sure you are faster than any production truck ever.
Maybe fastest Maverick, but definitely not fastest production truck. Not even fastest production Ford truck anymore with the Lightning.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe fastest Maverick, but definitely not fastest production truck. Not even fastest production Ford truck anymore with the Lightning.
Well exluding electric vehicles and the Ram TRX which cost $100,000(out the door) and is pretty exclusive even in regards to Maverick availability. 12.92 and high 4s beats every other truck out there as they left the factory.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had better DA this morning and broke into the 12s. I think I’ll let her rest now until the track rental next month.

Hopefully by the time you need SMOG, the mods will be legal in California - nice mods!

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully by the time you need SMOG, the mods will be legal in California - nice mods!
Hopefully by the time I need smog I’ll be out of here!

lynnebern

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL. That is properly quick. I remember when having a solid mid 12 street car was a decent accomplishment. And it was done by something with a cam, intake, long tube headers, flowmasters and was pretty rowdy. It is almost comical how easy it is to get something into the 12s now.
Yep, I remember my 65 Mustang with a V8 was about 9.5 0-60 and I thought I was flying. LOL

AURktman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-X
Engine
Undecided
Congrats! It would be cool to get a body in white and drop in a spare 460/C6 I have. I think that would dip into the 12’s. :cool:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had better DA this morning and broke into the 12s. I think I’ll let her rest now until the track rental next month.
I've had a few ol' muscle cars in the '60s & '70s that ran in the 13s. One was a '66 275HP 273 ci Plymouth Valiant that run in the high 13s after a couple of modifications, but still ran in NHRA "D" stock. Another was an early '70s Duster 340 and again with a few modifications that also ran in the high 13s.

I had only two cars that ran into the 12s.

The first on was a 1963 Sport Fury with a 426 Offset Wedge with two 650 cfm Hollys. That engine had so much torque, I could set in one place and burn rubber as long as I wanted. I had screw-off caps for dumps on the header and they hung from a chain dragging the ground slightly causing sparks to come out from under the car. Hey, it was before all the lighting & electronics used for special effects. For the time it was an expensive car for the street and I probably averaged 9 mpg.

Edit: Averaging 9 mpg wasn't a big deal back then. Gas was $ 0.249 a gallon in Rogers Arkansas and $0.189 a gallon at the Missouri state line. I could fill up for less than $4.00. Course, I made a whopping $1.25 an hour working 1/2 day my senior year in High School as an Electrician.

The second was a 1966 Corvette with a 425HP 427ci and I had to have the rear gears changed to get it into the 12s. Again, an expensive car to run in the 12s.

Now, it can be done with a slightly modified street truck with a 2.0 EB engine. Truly amazing for us OGs. :p

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've had a few ol' muscle cars in the '60s & '70s that ran in the 13s. One was a '66 275HP 273 ci Plymouth Valiant that run in the high 13s after a couple of modifications, but still ran in NHRA "D" stock. Another was an early '70s Duster 340 and again with a few modifications that also ran in the high 13s.

I had only two cars that ran into the 12s.

The first on was a 1963 Sport Fury with a 426 Offset Wedge with two 650 cam Hollys. That engine had so much torque, I could set in one place and burn rubber as long as I wanted. I had screw-off caps for dumps on the header and they hung from a chain dragging the ground slightly causing sparks to come out from under the car. Hey, it was before all the lighting & electronics used for special effects. For the time it was an expensive car for the street and I probably averaged 9 mpg.

The second was a 1966 Corvette with a 425HP 427ci and I had to have the rear gears changed to get it into the 12s. Again, an expensive car to run in the 12s.

Now, it can be done with a slightly modified street truck with a 2.0 EB engine. Truly amazing for us OGs. :p
I’m 43 but old enough to remember my brother waking me up at 2 am to go to the street races with his club “Cyber Racing” before FF made it “cool”. Some may remember the name Tony Fuchs with the white integra who later became TFR Racing. He had individual carbs and nitrous and would blow a motor every other week lol. Back then everyone was in the 14s and 13 was a mythical number. I attended the first battle of the imports where the fastest car there was a brand new Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. It was bone stock expect for him disconnecting the wastegate vacuum hose lol. He ran consistent 13.9s while every other import couldn’t break a 13.

The following year and the ones that followed went from 13s to 12s to 11s, etc. Point is, I feel you and agree cars have come a long way. I’ve learned there’s fine line between fun and fast street car and pain in the ass jack stand queen.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Imagine if you didn't start on the shoulder... :unsure:

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting for the first nutter to strip the 2.3L running gear out of a Focus RS and drop it into a Maverick. Now, wouldn’t that be something? Smash down that truck for good measure too!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Waiting for the first nutter to strip the 2.3L running gear out of a Focus RS and drop it into a Maverick. Now, wouldn’t that be something? Smash down that truck for good measure too!
Reg cab, Maverick GT and GTA.

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two tone paint, vintage Custom Cab version too.
Sponsored