First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
wouldn't the turbo make up for some of that altitude by keeping boost up? 2 seconds & 12mph seems to be a drastic drop for altitude. Hopefully OP wasn't using that 85 crap they sell there.
I filled up with 91 at the track, 15 miles to empty idled for 20 minutes before I lt ran.

The ECU doesn't care if you run 85 on the way to work making little boost because altitude is apart of the calculator of octane rating. 85 at 5000 feet is roughly 87 at 750ft Above sea level
Sponsored

NotGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live my life 1 apex at a time... when I picked up this truck 2 weeks ago I was thinking MPG's. No longer granny shifting. No more breathing in gas fumes. More space for my puppy. Now that I see this post and it got me wondering, "am I part of the fast and furious FAMILY for life?"
The purchases are already racking up for the truck and I haven't even touched performance yet....
Oh boy, did the race life really choose me?!?!
I fear there will be many many many more sleepless nights because there is more to research.

Congrats and thank you for sharing!

Can't wait to see the 10 second post!

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am not sure if I saw that anyone had shared anything like this. Your maverick is in a whole new class. a mini truck under $50K (with all upgrades?) is as fast as some very expensive sports cars!!

Ford Maverick Finally hitting the 11 second goal [Maverick EcoBoost w/ upgraded turbo]. 1703860900121

Limeymav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, maverick Azur Blue, 2015 Focus st 3, GSX S 750
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm running E30 and am out of fuel. Without upgraded injectors and possible hpfp, my only option for extra fuel was WMI.
Stratified performance makes a 4 port aux fuel for the focus st/rs, can pick em up cheap(er) sometimes i'm sure you know, but its pretty much plug n play apart from tuning & splicing the injectors wires, but its baisically a intake spacer with 4 i think 650 injectors, or a 2 port which is a TB spacer with 2 injectors, not as good atomization tough, just a thought, and Alan at edge autosport has some good vids on uprated hpfp's, he is a bit of a guru on tuning 2.0 eco's

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not sure if I saw that anyone had shared anything like this. Your maverick is in a whole new class. a mini truck under $50K (with all upgrades?) is as fast as some very expensive sports cars!!

1703860900121.png
Haha, Yeah, I think it has a little more in it too! My out the door cost of QuikRik was $27,400, and I think I am right around $2k invested in my parts and tunes. Obviously this doesn't account for my labor, but it's the only way I get to enjoy my cars, lol. So yeah, under $30K is pretty neat to have a new, very fun vehicle!

Stratified performance makes a 4 port aux fuel for the focus st/rs, can pick em up cheap(er) sometimes i'm sure you know, but its pretty much plug n play apart from tuning & splicing the injectors wires, but its baisically a intake spacer with 4 i think 650 injectors, or a 2 port which is a TB spacer with 2 injectors, not as good atomization tough, just a thought, and Alan at edge autosport has some good vids on uprated hpfp's, he is a bit of a guru on tuning 2.0 eco's
Yep, I have looked into all of that, but like I previously said in this post, I'm in this for around $2k. To go faster, assuming the block and trans would allow it, I would have to upgrade the turbo, get a better blow off valve, intercooler piping, and that's not to mention the ridiculous expense of the fueling upgrade and tuning, haha. I would be in it for at least another $3-4k, and to many that doesn't seem like much, but it's just not in the cards for me.

Sponsored

Limeymav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha, Yeah, I think it has a little more in it too! My out the door cost of QuikRik was $27,400, and I think I am right around $2k invested in my parts and tunes. Obviously this doesn't account for my labor, but it's the only way I get to enjoy my cars, lol. So yeah, under $30K is pretty neat to have a new, very fun vehicle!

Yep, I have looked into all of that, but like I previously said in this post, I'm in this for around $2k. To go faster, assuming the block and trans would allow it, I would have to upgrade the turbo, get a better blow off valve, intercooler piping, and that's not to mention the ridiculous expense of the fueling upgrade and tuning, haha. I would be in it for at least another $3-4k, and to many that doesn't seem like much, but it's just not in the cards for me.
You certainly acheived a lot for not too much outlay, all credit too you sir

Limeymav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You certainly acheived a lot for not too much outlay, all credit too you sir
Actually a 2 port might be had for about $500- 600 second hand, and will maybe let you run E50, thats the focus st's problem your maxed out on E30 even to the point of dialig back at peak tq, i had one tune of 24 psi but in FL thats only attainable in a cold snap, most i saw on the dyno 267hp & 370 tq on e30
Sponsored