First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't there an actual scheduling memo this week though? Tommy Brogan on FB posted it.
Yes, and Tim had mentioned in his Tuesday night video that they were scheduling this week as well. I think the speculation that they've pushed it off to try to get the cancelled VIN rollovers straightened out is at least plausible (although you'd think they'd still schedule some Ecoboosts in the meantime...)

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Does Ford usually tell you that they cancel or postpone scheduling?
It's rare but sometimes postponing does happen. I remember a couple of times 22MY scheduling was suppose to happen on a Thursday and nobody got scheduled but then Friday people started getting emails.

Not saying this is what is going on right now but I have seen it happen before were Thursday was a bust but the next day was good.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's rare but sometimes postponing does happen. I remember a couple of times 22MY scheduling was suppose to happen on a Thursday and nobody got scheduled but then Friday people started getting emails.

Not saying this is what is going on right now but I have seen it happen before were Thursday was a bust but the next day was good.
That happened two weeks ago.. when Ford had another batch of computer glitches. But Tim also knew about it. Which is why I asked.

The options are:
  1. Schedule today as planned.
  2. Delay until tomorrow and schedule with what Cancelled VINs have made the transition to P2.
  3. Delay until December 1 because of Thanksgiving, plus any non-P2 Cancelled VIN will be straight up cancelled by then.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't they still preview the days prior to scheduling?

Sponsored

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, this is the $64M question... if they haven't previewed this week, I would bet they don't schedule at all.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
That's a good point. I would think so but don't really know. I didn't see/hear anything about scheduling this week except for a crappy photoshopped image so I'm not sure.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a good point. I would think so but don't really know. I didn't see/hear anything about scheduling this week except for a crappy photoshopped image so I'm not sure.
The photo is from an apparent reliable source and Tim did mention it during his livestream. So, it was at least penciled into the calendar for this week.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
The photo is from an apparent reliable source and Tim did mention it during his livestream. So, it was at least penciled into the calendar for this week.
Apparently not or this thread would be going in a completely different direction.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently not or this thread would be going in a completely different direction.
The source can be reliable and be wrong. The image was from the weekly dealer memo from Monday. If Ford decided to cancel today, there is no way they would have known that at the time. Again, on Tuesday evening, even Tim mentioned Maverick scheduling for this week. So, any decision to not schedule for today had to have been made after telling the dealerships otherwise.

Sponsored

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
hot take: maybe they are pushing off scheduling so some cancelled vin mavs can get scheduled though past actions has shown they don't actually give a crap about those orders
They would still need to schedule those.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the one you are talking about ?
Ford Maverick 11/17/22 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOT YET RECEIVED] 1668729059490

If so, it say "Clean Up", which can mean they only schedule a very small number of vehicles to fill in any gaps in previously scheduled weeks.

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the one you are talking about ?
1668729059490.png

If so, it say "Clean Up", which can mean they only schedule a very small number of vehicles to fill in any gaps in previously scheduled weeks.
I think there are 2 things happening there.

The first seems to be a note to the scheduling people that are conducting clean up scheduling, (maybe clean-up scheduling is done manually) this note reads like it's telling those people where to look for orders for cleanup scheduling.

If you look at the chart now, for the 23 Maverick, the scheduling note reads "23MY January scheduling". Since they didn't list specific weeks, I think it's safe to assume they are referring to the whole month of January. They have only scheduled for the first week in January so far, so there wouldn't be any cleanup scheduling to do for the later weeks.

My guess is that they had planned (and probably do regularly) to do new scheduling, and cleanup scheduling at the same time, and had a scheduling note for each.

AURktman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-X
Engine
Undecided
Ordered in Sep2022. I know it’s unlikely but really hoping I get scheduled sooner than later. Ford really got my hopes up with a random FordPass marketing email this morning…

Does anyone know what time of day these emails usually come out?
Same here…. I see “Ford” in the email, my heart skips a few beats, then I read the email. Then disappointment sets in.

Then rage.

Ford Maverick 11/17/22 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOT YET RECEIVED] 8C31A4B8-72D7-4373-AB62-CAAB3603E5E7