jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's been a lot of chatter about the mav screen being 8" with the cubby hole beside it, that it was intended to be a 10" screen but due to parts availability was changed to 8".

I drove a rental mazda cx5 for the last week and it has a 10" screen, and honestly I felt like it was mostly wasted real estate. My wife's pacifica has a 10" screen that is wider as well as taller, and I feel like it uses the space well. The mazda screen though was the same height as an 8" screen but extra wide, which I think would be what would fit in the mav spot without the cubby hole.

It was nice enough, but I felt like it would have been just as usable as an 8" screen. Also, the mazda wasn't a touch screen but was a weird dial thing like using a PC with a keyboard and no mouse, just tabbing through things.
I doubt it would've been the ultra-wide screen like you're comparing it to. Most likely, it would've been a 12" Sync 4 screen as found in Bronco (not Bronco Sport), F-150, etc. It clearly has the width for it with the little void next to the screen, and it would just be a bit taller.

Ford Maverick 10" wide screen 1643138034163

Ford Maverick 10" wide screen 1643138084506
Sponsored

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the dash plastic holding the screen can be removed? I thought about 3D printing a bezel piece to move the screen to the middle and delete the cubby
Likely yes as it would need to be removed to replace a faulty screen.

996ttderm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, F150, Porsche, Prius, Tahoe
10" screen looks better than 8" screen.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm how long before someone makes a full windshield peel and stick transparent touch screen AND what would you due when a fly got on it???
I have a Heads Up Displai (HID) in my Escape. Never take my eyes off the road. It’s great.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we can mostly agree that it's not about the size; it's what you can do with it.
So, you're saying it ain't the meat, it's the motion?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Heads Up Displai (HID) in my Escape. Never take my eyes off the road. It’s great.
My question was if it was a touch screen display what would happen if you swatted a fly that was on it🤗🤗🤗

SCCIGARMAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think people really think it's an issue with the size, more with the fact that the technology is pretty low grade compared to other Sync offerings. I'm fairly certain that the 8" unit is just a placeholder to keep initial costs down and I feel there's a good chance that we'll see an updated unit for the 2023 MY Maverick with a better version of Sync. I don't believe the designers and engineers intended for there to be a cubby to the right of the infotainment screen.
I think that if you want what's on a $6000
I don't think people really think it's an issue with the size, more with the fact that the technology is pretty low grade compared to other Sync offerings. I'm fairly certain that the 8" unit is just a placeholder to keep initial costs down and I feel there's a good chance that we'll see an updated unit for the 2023 MY Maverick with a better version of Sync. I don't believe the designers and engineers intended for there to be a cubby to the right of the infotainment screen.
Sorry about the first one. But I think if you want what's on a 60000 dollar truck you should buy that instead of a 25000 dollar truck.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I think that if you want what's on a $6000
Sorry about the first one. But I think if you want what's on a 60000 dollar truck you should buy that instead of a 25000 dollar truck.
Not really sure what you're even talking about here, I don't want anything. I don't even care about the infotainment as this "truck" is mostly being leased for my side business. All I'm saying is that this infotainment system is from an almost ten year old Ford Fiesta and I doubt that it serves a long term place in the Maverick. Seems like you're having trouble with the reply/quote process so maybe a less sophisticated technology is more up your alley? 😂

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This will be my first vehicle with any type of screen at all. I am used to knowing where I am going before I get there. Study the maps...at home,at rest stops,whatever. I was trained to keep my eyes on the road...and that works!! I listen to the radio and that's about it. So many gadgets...driving is fun without them.

Mvancorb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?"
- Yoda

Sponsored

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
synch 3 is better than what's on the mazda, but I haven't tried the base non-synch mav's. I'm thinking we are basically getting to the point where we just use android auto/iphone auto at this point though.
which models (trim levels) have Sync and which doesn’t?

Hyim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Sonic Silver
There's been a lot of chatter about the mav screen being 8" with the cubby hole beside it, that it was intended to be a 10" screen but due to parts availability was changed to 8".

I drove a rental mazda cx5 for the last week and it has a 10" screen, and honestly I felt like it was mostly wasted real estate. My wife's pacifica has a 10" screen that is wider as well as taller, and I feel like it uses the space well. The mazda screen though was the same height as an 8" screen but extra wide, which I think would be what would fit in the mav spot without the cubby hole.

It was nice enough, but I felt like it would have been just as usable as an 8" screen. Also, the mazda wasn't a touch screen but was a weird dial thing like using a PC with a keyboard and no mouse, just tabbing through things.
KIMG1072.JPG

KIMG1071.JPG

KIMG1070.JPG

KIMG1075.JPG
People gotta realize. The Maverick is a new segment. It’s the first of its model. no engineer or marketing team would give you all the amazing things initially. There always has to be room for improvement. The fact The maverick is SYNC3 justifies the 8” over 10”. In time a new interface will be used And most likely will be 10”. Can’t show all your cards at once right?