2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s hideous
Oh if you think that's bad, just look at what's on the 2022 Ford Explorer. Hideous screen that's like an inch thick and has viewing angles worse than a 2015 ipad.
Ford Maverick 10" wide screen {filename}
Sponsored

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1
It's so much cheaper to replace a phone, the auto makers have to do a lot of testing before making any changes, and it's not cost-efficient to put research money into cars (or compact trucks) they have already sold.
Also, car makers know their trade and phone makers know theirs. I think the latter will almost always produce a better user experience than the former because it's what they do best.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to guess that in a couple years the Maverick will have a bigger screen & we will be able to retrofit a larger one for a yet to be determined amount of $$.

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm going to guess that in a couple years the Maverick will have a bigger screen & we will be able to retrofit a larger one for a yet to be determined amount of $$.
I sure hope so!

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh if you think that's bad, just look at what's on the 2022 Ford Explorer. Hideous screen that's like an inch thick and has viewing angles worse than a 2015 ipad.
Agree. Looks big and stupid. The Subaru Outback has a ridiculously big screen also. Cars are made to be driven, not as rolling entertainment devices. The more electronic junk in these new cars, the more expensive to fix when or if it goes bad. Hyundai has had problems with it's Bluelink.

To me, the Maverick's 8 inch screen is plenty big enough, especially since the screen in my current Escape is 4 inches. And it's not a touchscreen. : )-

Ford Maverick 10" wide screen tinyscree

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree. Looks big and stupid. The Subaru Outback has a ridiculously big screen also. Cars are made to be driven, not as rolling entertainment devices. The more electronic junk in these new cars, the more expensive to fix when or if it goes bad. Hyundai has had problems with it's Bluelink.

To me, the Maverick's 8 inch screen is plenty big enough, especially since the screen in my current Escape is 4 inches. And it's not a touchscreen. : )-

My escapes "screen" looks like this:
Ford Maverick 10" wide screen 2012_ford_escape_instrumentpanel

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My escapes "screen" looks like this:
I see you have a hybrid. Don't know why Ford didn't offer a hybrid Escape in the 2013-2019 model years. Guess they figured the sales were high enough (I think the 2013-2019 Escape was Ford's second best seller after the F-150) that they didn't need to offer one.

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you have a hybrid. Don't know why Ford didn't offer a hybrid Escape in the 2013-2019 model years. Guess they figured the sales were high enough (I think the 2013-2019 Escape was Ford's second best seller after the F-150) that they didn't need to offer one.
they used cmax to fit that market spot instead if you think about it.

BubbaBigSexy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick A51 FE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I tell you what, I drove a 2020 Jeep Compass, it had an 8.4in screen that was prefect. Not to mention, their UI was on point. That is my only drawback with my Mav.
I run an Ipod nano via bt, and I have to manually go into the bt settings everytime to connect it over my phone. Then I can plug in and use AA. If anyone knows a workaround, please let me know. That shit is super frustrating.
Sponsored