1" Suspension lift... Would you do it?

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
If I wasn't going the sport truck route, I would absolutely throw a small 1"-2" lift on it with some all-terrains and call it a day.
Sponsored

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I have a rav4 trd right now, and the dealer added a eibach pro lift to it, raised it 1.5 inches same idea independent suspension soft roader. No problems handles much better
This is the route I would go. Really hope the aftermarket will make lift springs for the Maverick. I currently have a 1" spacer lift on my Outback and am not the biggest fan of the vibrations and harshness it added to my ride.

Reactions: JJC

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Looks like Eibach (a VERY trusted brand) stated in March they are developing lift springs for the Bronco Sport Badlands, my guess is this kit would work in the Maverick as well. This would be my go to choice to lift the Maverick as it's also usually cheaper than a spacer/puck lift.
Ford Maverick 1" Suspension lift... Would you do it? 1626894542448

Reactions: JJC

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would not do it solely for cosmetics.

The mantra surrounding the Maverick is affordable, and so
I have to draw the line somewhere.

So an XL (clue) with aftermarket rims and tires, and I'm done.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I think H&R Springs is another that is working on both raising and lowering springs. I believe the lifting springs will be 1.2" front and rear. Can't remember what the lowering springs specs were.
If the Eibach springs are like most of their other CUV offerings the lift will likely be 1.6" front and 1.2" rear which is honestly the perfect amount IMO.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Nope.... This is a street truck for me...if anything I'd lower it an 1" but then I can do that with tires :)

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nope

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav
My hybrid is getting lowered by any means necessary. Maverick is going to bring back the 80's sport truck market, just wait and see. ;) Now, to figure out a way to chop the roof and back doors off...........
Ford Maverick 1" Suspension lift... Would you do it? or5wlfP

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
So unless you're willing to have potential issues, wasted time for shop visits, extra money, especially for a new model, I'd say NO!
Same idea here. I lifted trucks and lowered trucks. Heck, I installed a lift on one of my F-150s, then a spacer on top, then lowered it back to stock, then reverse-leveled it.

My current truck is 100% stock suspension and I intend on keeping it that way. Same with the Maverick if/when I buy one...just a decent set of tires and off I go.

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would defiantly consider a 1" lift, ordered mine with the 235/65 tire option.

Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've lifted my previous 2011 Tacoma. As popular as that truck is for off-roading and with the myriad of aftermarket suspension parts for it, you'd think a moderate lift 2" would be no problem. Wrong. The bearings in the front transaxles were at such an angle to cause premature wear and a constant grinding noise. I had to replace the bearings with an aftermarket modified bearing. Then the constant realignment adjustments and irregular wear pattern on tires. At $300+/tire, and the frequent time and visits to the alignment shop, I finally got very frustrated with it. Then had to bring back to stock for resale. Oh and then there was the ABS system that would kick in on mild turns because the yaw rate was different from stock.

So unless you're willing to have potential issues, wasted time for shop visits, extra money, especially for a new model, I'd say NO!
I leveled my 2500hd with a 2” lift on the front only. The on
Y way to avoid the issues you discussed above is to change the upper control arms(longer) so the correct many angles remain. Also it requires a longer shock or you will notice a terrible ride when the reach max length through normal or off-roading. The company equipment I used was CST. I’m pretty happy with the setup, but the knuckles need to stay clean or they need replaced every four years.
Ford Maverick 1" Suspension lift... Would you do it? EC50D549-AA60-46FF-97D0-88FA79244BA5

griffdrone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Silverado 2500
I've lifted my previous 2011 Tacoma. As popular as that truck is for off-roading and with the myriad of aftermarket suspension parts for it, you'd think a moderate lift 2" would be no problem. Wrong. The bearings in the front transaxles were at such an angle to cause premature wear and a constant grinding noise. I had to replace the bearings with an aftermarket modified bearing. Then the constant realignment adjustments and irregular wear pattern on tires. At $300+/tire, and the frequent time and visits to the alignment shop, I finally got very frustrated with it. Then had to bring back to stock for resale. Oh and then there was the ABS system that would kick in on mild turns because the yaw rate was different from stock.

Poo. Did you lift it yourself?

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm coming from a old school JC7 with a 2" lift that I loved but for the Mav I'm thinking leave it where its at and maybe upgrade the tire's to the BF Terrain's for a little more aggressive look, better all weather traction and not change the dynamics much.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The FX4 Comes with 29”. So I would imagine 30” would fit w/o any lift

Trying to lift a unibody, independent suspension truck might be tricky and expensive tho
Actually, the lift for these multilink is very simple with the strut spacers. I think 1.5” would level the truck nicely For a few hundo. The only consideration is the change in angle of the upper control arms. If too step I would expect A disappointing ride And some uneven tire wear. To date I have not seen a kit for the spacers and control arms. CST would be one manf that would bring this to market.

lastly, To do this project correctly a longer strut in the front and longer shocks in the rear would be recommended Vs a spacers. This is only if you want the performance to match the look. If your mav is a highway Queen spacers are fine.
Sponsored