First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for the shit pictures but we were losing light and we wanted to finish before it got too cold. Took about 6 hours to install the entire G40 kit with the help of my buddies who have done this plenty of times. Tbh I was the gopher for them as they did most of the work. Just a heads up, the rears took longer and there's a lot of bullshit to deal with as opposed to the fronts. After a few runs and adjustments I can honestly say this makes the truck run as smooth as a Cadillac and it handles like a beamer. Just more body roll lol. I will take pics of the truck tomorrow in the daylight after I get an alignment.
Sponsored

Big Al in LA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for the shit pictures but we were losing light and we wanted to finish before it got too cold. Took about 6 hours to install the entire G40 kit with the help of my buddies who have done this plenty of times. Tbh I was the gopher for them as they did most of the work. Just a heads up, the rears took longer and there's a lot of bullshit to deal with as opposed to the fronts. After a few runs and adjustments I can honestly say this makes the truck run as smooth as a Cadillac and it handles like a beamer. Just more body roll lol. I will take pics of the truck tomorrow in the daylight after I get an alignment.
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20221230_215331126

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shocks settling, then adjusting for height, more than likely.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Big Al is the kinda guy who will just tease you all night getting you to buy him drinks. Let's get down to it. What's it gonna take for me to see all the goods?

Sponsored

Big Al in LA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Big Al is the kinda guy who will just tease you all night getting you to buy him drinks. Let's get down to it. What's it gonna take for me to see all the goods?
Haha, I've been away from my pad this weekend. More pics when I get it set right.

Big Al in LA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any specs on the tires? Also, how much of a lift are we talking from this setup?
After the alignment was done and the tire shop leveled it out, the lift is 2.5 inches. I can go the full 3 but I need to add more spacers in the rear. Hopefully the pics are clear enough. Tires are 265/65/17 only thing missing was the rear camber arms. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20230105_224714591

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20230105_224628755

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20230105_224649464

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20230105_224634324

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to seeing it with rear spacers and camber arms. Hopefully that should center the wheel better. Right now it looks like all the other kits with the wheel sitting too far forward. It seemed better centered on the pics I have seen of this kit on the Bronco Sport. Thanks for being the guinea pig and sharing the results.

Big Al in LA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to seeing it with rear spacers and camber arms. Hopefully that should center the wheel better. Right now it looks like all the other kits with the wheel sitting too far forward. It seemed better centered on the pics I have seen of this kit on the Bronco Sport. Thanks for being the guinea pig and sharing the results.
Believe it or not the rear is centered. It's the mud flap and camera angle make it look off. The camber arms should be in soon.

Sponsored

Jvwvu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking for hybrid pictures, looking for a little additional ride height as I feel I am dipping down into the Maverick and in West Virginia I won’t be off roading with it but a little bit more clearance would be optimal, would be looking at comfort ride

would also be looking to put on 245/65/17 Snow tires or really good all season

Last edited:

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking for hybrid pictures, looking for a little additional ride height as I feel I am dipping down into the Maverick and in West Virginia I won’t be off roading with it but a little bit more clearance would be optimal, would be looking at comfort ride

would also be looking to put on 245/65/17 Snow tires or really good all season
If you just want ride height for your own comfort, a spacer lift is a much cheaper option. Why do you need more clearance if you aren't taking it off the road? It has the same clearance as a stock Ranger or F-150. For ride comfort, you can just look at upgrading springs and shocks much cheaper than these kits.

For tires, the slightly increased sidewall won't likely make much of a difference in on road driving feel. Bigger tires are going to be heavier which affects driving performance and lowers efficiency, not to mention generally being a little more expensive. And if snow performance is important just find a good 3 Peak tires in the standard size. Narrower tires are better in snow. West Virginia on average is middle of the pack so snow tires are probably overkill unless you live at higher elevation.

If you just like the look and have money to burn, by all means do whatever you want :)

HyphyStryke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Al we need you to resurrect this thread my brother!!!

Sholtzy92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 4kTow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I attempted to do the install of my GR Lites with my dad at his shop and twice we tried and couldnt figure it out and then I took it to a shop and basically what was happening was when I took the springs out of the box I held them up to the OEM ones and turns out that just because the springs look the same doesnt mean they go in the same place haha so basically we were trying to put the front springs in the back and the back in the front. It made it almost impossible to adjust the rear and gave quite the squat in the back. once they were switched around it looks exactly as it should with the same rake as OEM with 2 inches of lift.

Ill get some pics in the coming days of how it looks now I unfortunately of course forgot to take a before picture.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport OBX
Engine
Undecided
I attempted to do the install of my GR Lites with my dad at his shop and twice we tried and couldnt figure it out and then I took it to a shop and basically what was happening was when I took the springs out of the box I held them up to the OEM ones and turns out that just because the springs look the same doesnt mean they go in the same place haha so basically we were trying to put the front springs in the back and the back in the front. It made it almost impossible to adjust the rear and gave quite the squat in the back. once they were switched around it looks exactly as it should with the same rake as OEM with 2 inches of lift.

Ill get some pics in the coming days of how it looks now I unfortunately of course forgot to take a before picture.
That happens a lot during installations! We get calls all the time - truck sits funny, truck rides firm.

Every single time, without any more info - "Springs are backwards, 12-200 goes up front"

We've added a note in HUGE red font to our instructions (and it still happens).

Glad you figure it out though!
Sponsored