Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wasn’t really pointing out a mis-statement on your part. (In fact, I don’t really think you made one.) I’m just surprised that the cables supporting the gate are of the appropriate length to have the bed and gate parallel. Many another thread on this topic available. Can’t say that I’ve heard of a property installed tailgate yet!
Thanks for the explanation, however I did mistake the condition. On my XL the tailgate seems to be correctly aligned to the bed, however I did not put a level on it to check.

Again, thanks for the explanation.
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

HappyCat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT-4k tow-FX4-Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hauled some solid wood cabinets for my garage (scored them at the local Habitat for Humanity Restore for a song).
(The forward strap was just to keep the cardboard that we used to protect the cab window as we loaded, that ended up firmly wedged and unremovable, from flapping against the cab on the drive home.)

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? Mav_CabinetHaulin

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hauled some solid wood cabinets for my garage (scored them at the local Habitat for Humanity Restore for a song).
(The forward strap was just to keep the cardboard that we used to protect the cab window as we loaded, that ended up firmly wedged and unremovable, from flapping against the cab on the drive home.)

Mav_CabinetHauling.jpg
Oh man, you're stressing the trucklet out :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Caffeinated

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caffeinator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to pay storage and stop by the dollar store to pick up a couple of things. I park at the end of the store on the South Side because there is rarely anyone parking on that end and I can fudge in a no parking corner. That way no one can throw their door open and ding my XL.

Anyway, as I came out there was a guy looking at my truck and wanted to talk about it. He had a White Gladiator which he said he bought because it was a smaller truck with 4WD. He asked about 4WD on the Maverick so I told him there was a 4WD package on each of the four trim levels and the newest trim was a Tremor package. He inquired about cost and I told him the approximate MSRP for each trim with 4WD. He couldn't believe it because he paid around 52k for his Gladiator.

As we were talking a guy got out of an old 22 year old Chevy Silverado and saw us talking so he came over to ask about the Maverick. Just after the Chevy guy came over, a guy pulled driving a Ram and he got out and came over just as I was finishing the conversation with the Jeep guy who was headed home to get on the MTC and check into out the Tremor and other 4WD Mavericks.

The two remaining guys had lots of questions about the Maverick. The Ram guy was interested in the Lariat or Tremor, and the Chevy guy was interested in the XL. The Chevy guy noticed I didn't have cruise and he asked about it, so I told him the 2023 XL was going to have cruise. Anyway, we had some good truck talk with three good ol' East Texas country boys and I enjoyed it tremendously. You have to appreciate the reaction of people seeing their first Maverick, at least I do. :cool:

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See if these help MavDave. The hardest part is fishing the wires and connectors thru the hole to where you can grab and pull them down. Put it can be done.

Maverick_Switch_Place_I.jpg
Maverick_Switch_Place.jpg
Sorry, for some reason I haven't been getting emailed or notifications on this thread... That is helpful I will see if I can get mine cleaned up before our meet-up this weekend

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday, I went to Homedepot to get a sheet of plywood and a few 1x4s for a project and saw this nice little XL. Sorry, I didn't get a picture with the plywood loaded. Also, oddly enough I saw 5 or 6 Mavericks around the Homedepot on the west side of the belt. There was an especially nice white XL with the wheels painted to match. Hopefully some of them are here and will get to meet-up with us Saturday.

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20220913_103427

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to pay storage and stop by the dollar store to pick up a couple of things. I park at the end of the store on the South Side because there is rarely anyone parking on that end and I can fudge in a no parking corner. That way no one can throw their door open and ding my XL.

Anyway, as I came out there was a guy looking at my truck and wanted to talk about it. He had a White Gladiator which he said he bought because it was a smaller truck with 4WD. He asked about 4WD on the Maverick so I told him there was a 4WD package on each of the four trim levels and the newest trim was a Tremor package. He inquired about cost and I told him the approximate MSRP for each trim with 4WD. He couldn't believe it because he paid around 52k for his Gladiator.

As we were talking a guy got out of an old 22 year old Chevy Silverado and saw us talking so he came over to ask about the Maverick. Just after the Chevy guy came over, a guy pulled driving a Ram and he got out and came over just as I was finishing the conversation with the Jeep guy who was headed home to get on the MTC and check into out the Tremor and other 4WD Mavericks.

The two remaining guys had lots of questions about the Maverick. The Ram guy was interested in the Lariat or Tremor, and the Chevy guy was interested in the XL. The Chevy guy noticed I didn't have cruise and he asked about it, so I told him the 2023 XL was going to have cruise. Anyway, we had some good truck talk with three good ol' East Texas country boys and I enjoyed it tremendously. You have to appreciate the reaction of people seeing their first Maverick, at least I do. :cool:
Great story and truly a great experience for everyone. I'm finding that those who are active on this club are more informed than most salespersons, albeit, they have more than one vehicle to study. One little reminder . . . There are no 4WD Mavericks. Either FWD or AWD. The all-wheel drive is different from 4WD which I'm not going to go into detail here.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
🤤🤤 I LOOOVE my new bed cover!
20220915_160027.jpg
20220915_161002.jpg
20220915_161034.jpg

Where does the weather strip goes? In what direction?
20220915_161044.jpg

20220915_160016.jpg
When I installed mine I followed the instructions for the F-150... 🤷‍♂️ I figured it should be somewhat close. There are 2 aeras I would have done differently now that I see how they are wearing but they seem to do a good job no leaks around the tailgate
Sponsored