Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="RockHoundTX, post: 392580, member: 3027"
Yes that’s a dealer policy. Before ordering my ‘23 I checked with 3 dealers. Two did not require a deposit, and one required a $1000 non refundable deposit. Also cost varies by dealer. Two of the dealers sold at suggested retail price. One required $2,000 above suggested price on Mavericks.
Sponsored

RussWrkmn

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
There had to be dealer involvement. Ford does not sell directly to customers. In some states it's illegal for them to do so. And you say you had to give a $500 deposit to your dealer so your dealer was involved early on. The ordering process has been dissected ad nauseum here. You can read about it in the tacked posts at the top of this section.

Honestly it sounds like you need a new dealer. For the record my dealer was involved from day one and did not require a deposit. Many, many other forum members will say the same. Some will say their dealer required a deposit - it depends on the dealer.

And you should try being polite when other people are trying to help set things straight.
All 3 22’s were all ordered from my home. No dealer involvement beyond naming one for delivery. Ford sent emails telling when they were being built and when they were being delivered. Once at the dealership the took care of the paperwork no upsell no interference. I got all three for the price quotes by ford at the time of the order.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He’s probably a fleet buyer, not a retail buyer. He’s just messing with you, not sure why.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All 3 22’s were all ordered from my home. No dealer involvement beyond naming one for delivery. Ford sent emails telling when they were being built and when they were being delivered. Once at the dealership the took care of the paperwork no upsell no interference. I got all three for the price quotes by ford at the time of the order.
What aren't you telling us? If you are a retail order, it went through a dealer and that was the one you named for delivery. The ordering process is very well defined.
Sponsored