First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes it is hard to understand what words mean. You absolutely do not have to go TO a dealership to place an order. You absolutely do have to go Through a dealership to place an order. My order was done entirely online/over the phone with Long McArthur Ford (which is about 1300 miles from where I live). It also required no deposit. Deposit requirements are up to each dealer, there is no requirement from Ford.

Sponsored

RussWrkmn

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Nope. Completely and totally incorrect. Not to say that your particular dealer might require that, but absolutely not a Ford requirement. Probably 60% of the MY22 orders did not require a deposit and I am guessing a similar rate for MY23 orders (that is completely at the discretion of the dealer). Similarly, I bet at least 1/3 of the orders placed by MTC folks were done over the phone or Internet (just send them a pic of your driver's license for the COVP/ROVP and a pic of the signed DORA and you are good).

RussWrkmn

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I ordered 3 22’s. There was no dealer involvement until the trucks were delivered. This year you can’t order yourself. The dealer wouldn’t even allow the order to be seen by me or the salesman. And yes my dealer required a $500 deposit. Completely and totally correct.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL. You have NEVER been able to order a Maverick yourself. The only difference last year was that you could go to the Ford website and create a config that would be shared with dealers in your area. The dealer then contacted you (or you contacted the dealer), created a DORA, signed a buyer's order, sent in your DL, and THEN the dealer placed the order on your behalf. Process is 100% the same this year except no Ford website (you either had to already know the option packages because you read them on here or had to ask your dealer what they were).

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL. You have NEVER been able to order a Maverick yourself. The only difference last year was that you could go to the Ford website and create a config that would be shared with dealers in your area. The dealer then contacted you (or you contacted the dealer), created a DORA, signed a buyer's order, sent in your DL, and THEN the dealer placed the order on your behalf. Process is 100% the same this year except no Ford website (you either had to already know the option packages because you read them on here or had to ask your dealer what they were).
They are a troll or an idiot. Not worth it.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 3 22’s. There was no dealer involvement until the trucks were delivered. This year you can’t order yourself. The dealer wouldn’t even allow the order to be seen by me or the salesman. And yes my dealer required a $500 deposit. Completely and totally correct.
Please educate us as to how you were able to order Ford Mavericks with out a dealer involvement. This information could assist us all.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There had to be dealer involvement. Ford does not sell directly to customers. In some states it's illegal for them to do so. And you say you had to give a $500 deposit to your dealer so your dealer was involved early on. The ordering process has been dissected ad nauseum here. You can read about it in the tacked posts at the top of this section.

Honestly it sounds like you need a new dealer. For the record my dealer was involved from day one and did not require a deposit. Many, many other forum members will say the same. Some will say their dealer required a deposit - it depends on the dealer.

And you should try being polite when other people are trying to help set things straight.

Melissagarcia

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat hybrid 2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered maverick lariat hybrid on sept 16,2022 I wait sept 20 to check with order and for order number and vin number they give me order number it dealership told me it was be built. I check yesterday on ford chat it still on unscheduled. I don’t know who to believe

CTFocusST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered maverick lariat hybrid on sept 16,2022 I wait sept 20 to check with order and for order number and vin number they give me order number it dealership told me it was be built. I check yesterday on ford chat it still on unscheduled. I don’t know who to believe
They haven't started making the 2023 model so it can't be being built yet. They are finishing up 2022 orders into November but you would have to have put an order in earlier this year to have gotten a chance at one of those

Melissagarcia

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat hybrid 2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They haven't started making the 2023 model so it can't be being built yet. They are finishing up 2022 orders into November but you would have to have put an order in earlier this year to have gotten a chance at one of those
I know dealership told me that it will already January 2023
Sponsored