First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had high hopes for today, but alas I have to celebrate the other win of the day.
I live in the Chicagoland area, it's December 2nd and l mowed my lawn and took the Sporty out for a ride today. That's a miracle in itself.
That's what I need to do, go ride and blow the negative vibes out! 😆
Sponsored

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree I ordered my truck on June 14 and still waiting. I really believe that Ford is building the more expensive truck first. Us poor folks that have an order below say $26,000 our trucks will be built sometime in April or May that way Ford can make more money. All we can do is hope and pray that we know something soon.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Quick count of hybrids scheduled today by order date as reported here:

June (11)
July (24)
August (7)
Sept-Nov (0)

There were 2-3 June/July orders that weren't identified as hybrid or Ecoboost so that could mean more but I didn't include them. All of the August order dates were early in the month between 8/2 and 8/9.

This makes sense and runs contrary to the idea that hybrids ordered in August, September, and October are being scheduled to any great extent ahead of June and July orders. As I recall, the hybrids scheduled the week before Thanksgiving were also skewed heavily toward June and July orders.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
Your right. For me ordering from a small dealer hurt my chances my dealer knows it to. There small but I trust them. I Don't feel bad for me.I feel bad for them.they are trying to make a living.But there is hope Toyota to make announcement early 22.
Same boat. Allocations but not even an EcoBoost scheduled to date. Mini tacoma?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 7/15, confirmed 7/17. Obviously I would prefer the spray in liner !
You got spray-in liner. Ford stopped spray-in for XLT Lux package on all new orders placed after Nov 6th. Only the Lariat Lux package will still have spray-in liner with all new orders

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They said that in August, i know. But that's not an explanation for why they aren't filling the backlog of June/July orders before an October hybrid gets scheduled. Or why there's a 40% constraint in the first place besides exceeded demand??? Are they taking fleet retail orders into the equation? South American orders?

If it's really a 40% constraint on the hybrid, then those who ordered earliest should be placed above those who ordered in the fall. that's common business sense.
They confirmed that for the whole production year the hybrid would be constrained, and they promised to build retail orders rather than stock orders. They're not obliged to tell you anything about how they make their strategic assessments, or what the details are on any specific supply constraint. At the same time, you're not obliged to give them your business. The constraint has nothing to do with production/scheduling priority (and really has nothing to do with South America--where do you guys come up with this stuff?). It just means they can only build so many hybrids so it will take longer to build all of the orders they do have.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made the same mistake, but caught it.

However I did see a Massachusetts Hybrid ordered in October get scheduled. Plus a bunch of August orders around the county. This is the first week that I'm getting a little grumpy.
Thankfully August and October hybrids are scheduled......what about us still in June/July Ford????

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I finally received that elusive email!

TIME RECEIVED: 12:59 EST
BUILD WEEK: January 31
Hybrid Lariat Lux Package - Alto Blue
SE Region - Florida
Ordered: July 19, 2021
Veterans Ford

Looks like a lot of people got scheduled today - Congratulations to everyone who got a build date. And to all who have been waiting, keep the faith and hang in there!

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With each passing Thursday and no scheduling email, my joke of this being a May birthday present to myself is becoming less of a joke and more like reality.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They confirmed that for the whole production year the hybrid would be constrained, and they promised to build retail orders rather than stock orders. They're not obliged to tell you anything about how they make their strategic assessments, or what the details are on any specific supply constraint. At the same time, you're not obliged to give them your business. The constraint has nothing to do with production/scheduling priority (and really has nothing to do with South America--where do you guys come up with this stuff?). It just means they can only build so many hybrids so it will take longer to build all of the orders they do have.
The MAverick for Argentina and Brazil is built at the same plant and share the same lines. it's available in Argentina and will be available in Brazil next month. How can you not agree that some of January scheduling will be meant for those markets? since demand exceeded expectations, business-wise Ford should following through on their promise to ALL, even those early adopters, to get our builds as fast as possible. To that extent, they are not. They are, somewhat purposely I'm sure, passing over builds from smaller dealers in favor of larger dealers. Where's the "working to get everyone's built" in that decision?

When did you order? Fall? you ain't been waiting that long...