2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford did not provide a hybrid/gas order mix. So, how do you know? It's all third-hand speculation.
1. I never stated it was fact, I was quoting the posting
2. What I wrote is my speculation, not fact
3. Prove me wrong.
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, it is an anecdote coming from multiple dealerships in multiple states from urban center to rural mountains. Absent solid data and the fact hybrids closed early, I don't think the 80% number is not unbelievable.
List the dealers then? Which ones said it and where are the links to those statements?

The hybrid is popular, no question. I ordered one and have one. All I am saying is that anecdotal numbers that "dealers are saying" are not facts.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Divided by 3100 dealerships leaves me with a 20% chance of getting selected for production each month or once every 5 months
Not to burst your hopeful bubble but that math is a bit simplistic. First, it assumes, that every dealer will receive one XLT Luxury Package Hybrid every five months. Secondly, it assumes that you are the only XLT LP Hybrid ordered at your dealer.

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3. Prove me wrong.

Isn't that the way of the world these days. Make up a claim, then expect everyone else to prove it wrong.

The onus is on you my dude.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

3. Prove me wrong.
I can't provide you wrong! LOL

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People, you have to stop with the "assuming 80% of orders are hybrid" business. That is not fact, but an anecdote coming from one dealership.

Ford nor anyone not released anything in the way of nationwide data backing that up.

Just take that 80% stuff with a grain of salt, it's not fact.
On the other hand, even if they hybrid percentage is "only" 60% (and I suspect it is much higher), that would still be almost 52k hybrids for MY23 - significantly more than will be produced for all of (a much longer, roughly Sep 21 - mid-Nov 22) MY22 production cycle.

Still gonna be a lot of disappointed hybrid order-holders around this time next year.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

On the other hand, even if they hybrid percentage is "only" 60% (and I suspect it is much higher), that would still be almost 52k hybrids for MY23 - significantly more than will be produced for all of (a much longer, roughly Sep 21 - mid-Nov 22) MY22 production cycle.

Still gonna be a lot of disappointed hybrid order-holders around this time next year.
I sure as heck hope you aren't one of those disappointed customers. If anyone "deserves" a Maverick, it's you my friend!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sure as heck hope you aren't one of those disappointed customers. If anyone "deserves" a Maverick, it's you my friend!
Thanks. I was just informed by my rollover dealer that while they do have some orders previewing this week, mine is not presently one of them. 🤷‍♂️

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
People, you have to stop with the "assuming 80% of orders are hybrid" business. That is not fact, but an anecdote coming from one dealership.

Ford nor anyone not released anything in the way of nationwide data backing that up.

Just take that 80% stuff with a grain of salt, it's not fact.
I updated my math just for you, Buckaroo! I will now assume 65% HYBRID then.. Regardless, it is still very much indicative of a lot of unbuilt 2023 Hybrids on the horizon (y)

That's even less than our small sample on this very forum is representing. And 700 out of 86,000 means we are only .8% of the whole picture. So an even smaller grain of salt.

Ford Maverick 📈 Maverick September 2022 Sales: 3,154 Sold / 10,094 Produced. 86,000+ New 2023 Mavericks Ordered! 1664901815492

Last edited:
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure there will, just like many of us from 2022 who have ridden this rodeo already.

Wait until they announce 2024 model refresh changes and additions - see what kind of rush there is to wait for that or jump ship from 2023 orders. People might forget the angst over whether their 23 will get built or not when the next better thing shows up. ;)

Life is short, we can all benefit from relaxing a bit and being open to what the universe flows at us.

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks. I was just informed by my rollover dealer that while they do have some orders previewing this week, mine is not presently one of them. 🤷‍♂️
GOOD GRIEF!

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I might have to reach out to Ashlie then. She didn't say how many or what trim/engine?

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It will definitely take a while, but 52k hybrids may be almost doable for Ford. If Ford can make 110k at a 40/60 split, that is 44k hybrids for the year. So 8k rolling over to 2024. No great, but not too different from this year. The real issue will be the dealer allocations and which orders get rolled over. We know it will not be fair...

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And 700 out of 86,000 means we are only 8% of the whole picture. So an even smaller grain of salt.

1664901815492.png
The forum data here is awesome. But......while awesome it is a skewed sampling of a pretty narrow demographic of people who are more likely defined passionate enthusiasts - who are more likely to choose the unique things than the mainstream ones.

It is a great set of metrics to study - even read tea leaves. But I look at the whole of sales and production these data have to be taken as not 100% representative of mainstream reality.

Again, all I am saying is take it all with a grain of salt.

I will say this......because the gravity is overwhelmingly on hybrid, I felt comfortable adding the Luxury Package to my Tremor build and feeling somewhat comfortable it will actually get built. Time will tell.
Sponsored