2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also a big note for hybrid orders:

“in addition, 62% of maverick buyers are new to Ford, more than one in three of them opting for hyrbid, Deep said.”

I said this in another thread, but users need to stop trying to extrapolate a single dealerships order breakdown to the entire model year. I think we will be fine and many are freaking over nothing. 80% of orders are NOT hybrids…
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People, you have to stop with the "assuming 80% of orders are hybrid" business. That is not fact, but an anecdote coming from one dealership.

Ford nor anyone not released anything in the way of nationwide data backing that up.

Just take that 80% stuff with a grain of salt, it's not fact.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, good catch. But notice what Deep said: 45% sold in 2022. That still leaves open the possibility that Ford was barely able to keep up the 40% Hybrid manufacturing ratio for MY2022, and we know the Hybrids sell like hot cakes, so there is presumably more demand for them over the Ecoboost model.

Maybe it means Ford will make more than 35% of MY2023 as Hybrids. Or maybe not.
But he then followed up by explicitly saying the % that opted for hybrids and it’s not nearly as radical as ppl are claiming.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, if 80% of those orders taken are Hybrid, that's about 69,000 hybrid orders.
69,000 Hybrid
17,000 Ecoboost
This is huge, almost 70K of the orders placed for MY23 are hybrids. I don't think this happened with the Escape, but I also think the price has a lot to do with it too.

bigshmoop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Plymouth Satellite, 2023 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People, you have to stop with the "assuming 80% of orders are hybrid" business. That is not fact, but an anecdote coming from one dealership.

Ford nor anyone not released anything in the way of nationwide data backing that up.

Exactly. I don't think anyone would argue the Hybrid is much more popular than expected but to keep seeing people use the 80% figure to justify their doom and gloom predictions is a bit tiresome.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is huge, almost 70K of the orders placed for MY23 are hybrids. I don't think this happened with the Escape, but I also think the price has a lot to do with it too.
Ford did not provide a hybrid/gas order mix. So, how do you know? It's all third-hand speculation.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Actually, it is an anecdote coming from multiple dealerships in multiple states from urban center to rural mountains. Absent solid data and the fact hybrids closed early, I don't think the 80% number is not unbelievable.

millerjer24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid (some day)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most here are reading way too much into the constraint percentages. Just because Ford was expecting 35% doesn't mean they can't source more hybrid engines. They're already committing to more hybrids in Mexico and Brazil this year as well.

bigshmoop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Plymouth Satellite, 2023 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, it is an anecdote coming from multiple dealerships in multiple states from urban center to rural mountains. Absent solid data and the fact hybrids closed early, I don't think the 80% number is not unbelievable.
When dealerships say things that justify what people want to assume...their word is infallible.

When dealerships say things that go against what people want to assume...they can't be trusted and are liars.

Funny how the internet works.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When dealerships say things that justify what people want to assume...their word is infallible.

When dealerships say things that go against what people want to assume...they can't be trusted and are liars.

Funny how the internet works.
I honestly don't care either way. But given the independent sources of information, one can assume there is validity to the information being provided. If there was one person who comes out and says "my dealer said 90% of their orders were EB" then I would rescind my statement as just random chance the only people who have responded are in heavy hybrid areas. But that's kinda the point. Both California and rural Alabama are both reporting 80% hybrid orders on top of the reliable dealership that frequents this forum. So, it is not unreasonable to use that value as a point of reference until or unless Ford provides solid data proving otherwise.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually Tim at LM said there split hybrid/EB was closer to 65/35 in the most recent call. Which is pretty far off from 80/20
Sponsored