First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which turn signal wires do I tap into for an XL Hybrid?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which turn signal wires do I tap into for an XL Hybrid?
I believe they're the same wires as on the other trims. On my Lariat, driver side; the yellow wire is hot. Passenger side; the blue/white wire is hot. If your XL uses the turn signals as DRLs, then you'll need to find the turn signal hot rather than the signal hot if that makes any sense. One simple way is to push a pin into the wire you suspect to be a signal wire, connect a voltage meter to the pin and ground and turn on your signals. If the right wire, your meter should flash 12v on and off.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went a different route.

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 20230515_175708

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went a different route.

20230515_175708.jpg
Interested in what you did here. Is this photo a layover to the badge or a badge replacement? Light behind this? Light embedded?

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Question for anyone who has done this mod…. When i removed the side badges (pretty easy to do) I noticed a large pad toward the front of the vehicle that nearly covered the opening to the engine compartment on the passenger side. There was nothing similar on the driver side. I have a Lariat hybrid model.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for anyone who has done this mod…. When i removed the side badges (pretty easy to do) I noticed a large pad toward the front of the vehicle that nearly covered the opening to the engine compartment on the passenger side. There was nothing similar on the driver side. I have a Lariat hybrid model.
You are correct. The pad is there, but it can be easily pushed aside to run your wires. It reverts back to its place once you're done. Nothing to worry about.

RivrMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

RivrMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember your mod and it looks amazing!
Actually, I followed the lead of @luciusxlt (earlier in this thread), and I'm pleased with the results. However, the LED strip is slightly longer than the inside width of the badge and I didn't want to carve the wire hole any wider than needed, so I placed the LED on the 45° angle at the top of the indent, making the light angle out a little more than his. That uses only half of the adhesive strip, but it's holding, so I'm satisfied. I just took these photos, so it's not dark in the garage, but you can see that the light seems to frame the badge indent.

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] RivrMav Badge Lights

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, I followed the lead of @luciusxlt (earlier in this thread), and I'm pleased with the results. However, the LED strip is slightly longer than the inside width of the badge and I didn't want to carve the wire hole any wider than needed, so I placed the LED on the 45° angle at the top of the indent, making the light angle out a little more than his. That uses only half of the adhesive strip, but it's holding, so I'm satisfied. I just took these photos, so it's not dark in the garage, but you can see that the light seems to frame the badge indent.

RivrMav Badge Lights.jpg
My first design was to use the same LED strip, but like yourself, I was bothered by the slightly longer length and how to conceal the wire. Looks like you solved both concerns. I like how your LED illuminates the ridges of the badge. Great job.

I'd consider re-doing mine, but there's that pesky hole I put in the center of the badge. I'd need new ones, and I'm not sure it's worth the expense.

kevinthewild

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

RivrMav Badge Lights.jpg
This looks so good. I prefer this since it doesn’t alter the appearance of the side panel as much as the other option.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This looks so good. I prefer this since it doesn’t alter the appearance of the side panel as much as the other option.
I agree. I prefer the more subtle look this gives, but I'm stuck with badges that I modified with a small hole in the center to fit the light I used. I'll probably just replace the orange badge cover with smoke.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great post Dad, and great job, look fantastic

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

this is what i did on mine, i got the idea from someone in the forum is a led bar connected to the turn signal here is the link .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL2CG5O?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IMG_2040.JPG
I love the good ideas for simple and inexpensive modifications for our beloved Mavericks.

After reading through the posts on this thread, I decided to proceed with this mod using the short, oblong light bar install luciusxlt completed. Was very easy to complete.

Couple of notes:
1) Highly recommend using plastic trim removeable tools as suggested by DAD in the first post of this thread.

2) I removed the side badges and installed the lights in the badge in my "workshop" (actually dining room table). On the first I made the hole for wiring a bit too bit and had to repair it. With that knowledge, the other side was completed much more precisely. I wish I had a small Dremel-like tool to complete creating an appropriate size hole for this part as it would have been more easily and accurately completed.

3) After replacing the badge with light back in the vehicle, I pulled the wire up toward the front of the vehicle near the turn signal and connected the wires. After getting done with side 1, I realized if I needed to remove the badge going forward, I would have to disconnect the wires as there was no slack from front to back. Again, I corrected that faux pas on the second side, providing enough slack in the wire to easily remove the badge without having to disconnect the wires.

A few pictures to show the badge in process of being built and picture of badge opening to help others understand where the snap connectors are located.

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] IMG_2008.JPG

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Side Badge 1.JPG

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Side Badge 3.JPG

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Side Badge 2.JPG

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Side Badge 4.JPG

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Side Badge 5.JPG

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] Side Badge 7.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: