First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have any pictures of the truck with it off? Wondering how it looks removed all together.
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not. Truck is silver, so I may just spray some flat black paint inside the fender vent hole so silver cant be seen through the honeycomb screen

jdmancus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick LARIAT AWD, 97 Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FIrst post here and a nod to @jewc75, and I am sure a few others, for inspiration and instructions. Got my Mav a week ago. Had a full year to think about this modification. The side badge disturbed me as a black piece of non functioning plastic stuck on the fender.

- Sanded only the "XLT"to give it the brushed look, sand in one direction. Did not sand anything else or use primer. The paint is from R&E Paint Supply in Mountain Home, AR. They offer most if not all of the Maverick colors. I think it is a perfect match and reasonably priced. https://repaintsupply.com/
-Stripes are pinstripe tape from AutoZone​
-After painting I chipped paint off the "XLT" with light touch on a razor blade. It flaked right off from lack of primer. Did not want to use sand paper to avoid hitting good paint. The paint is definitely stuck to the black plastic. I then added the stripes and applied Dupli-color gloss clear coat from AutoZone​
-Light is a three wire LED from Amazon- Partsam 2pcs 3/4" Mini Amber LED Marker Clearance Light Turn Signal Light Air Dam Lights, 3 Wires, 12V. The light has two intensities, the brighter I wired for the turn signal. Drill a 3/4" hole in badge.
-Lens is from GadCad at Etsy. Stuck on with 3M tape. Was concerned with how well it would seal so I drilled a small hole at the bottom point for drainage just in case.​
-Wired it by tapping all three wires into the front running/turn signal lights. Yellow/black on drivers side is turn signal, blue/white on passenger side. Definitely use black cloth tape to wrap/re-wrap wires.​
- Badge is a lot easier/safer to reinstall if you take the metal clips out of the fender and slide them on the tabs on the badge prior to reinstall.​

I am pleased with the results and now have a more visible side turn signal.

20230904_141654.jpg

20230911_165330_hdr-jpg.jpg
Nice Job!!!!!!

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What it looks like behind the vent. I will be painting this area flat black with rattle can.

20230921_065356.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. Knowing where and what fasteners are behind there is helpful. (y)

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FIrst post here and a nod to @jewc75, and I am sure a few others, for inspiration and instructions. Got my Mav a week ago. Had a full year to think about this modification. The side badge disturbed me as a black piece of non functioning plastic stuck on the fender.

- Sanded only the "XLT"to give it the brushed look, sand in one direction. Did not sand anything else or use primer. The paint is from R&E Paint Supply in Mountain Home, AR. They offer most if not all of the Maverick colors. I think it is a perfect match and reasonably priced. https://repaintsupply.com/
-Stripes are pinstripe tape from AutoZone​
-After painting I chipped paint off the "XLT" with light touch on a razor blade. It flaked right off from lack of primer. Did not want to use sand paper to avoid hitting good paint. The paint is definitely stuck to the black plastic. I then added the stripes and applied Dupli-color gloss clear coat from AutoZone​
-Light is a three wire LED from Amazon- Partsam 2pcs 3/4" Mini Amber LED Marker Clearance Light Turn Signal Light Air Dam Lights, 3 Wires, 12V. The light has two intensities, the brighter I wired for the turn signal. Drill a 3/4" hole in badge.
-Lens is from GadCad at Etsy. Stuck on with 3M tape. Was concerned with how well it would seal so I drilled a small hole at the bottom point for drainage just in case.​
-Wired it by tapping all three wires into the front running/turn signal lights. Yellow/black on drivers side is turn signal, blue/white on passenger side. Definitely use black cloth tape to wrap/re-wrap wires.​
- Badge is a lot easier/safer to reinstall if you take the metal clips out of the fender and slide them on the tabs on the badge prior to reinstall.​

I am pleased with the results and now have a more visible side turn signal.

20230904_141654.jpg

20230911_165330_hdr-jpg.jpg
Simple and Classy. Great work!
Sponsored