First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FIrst post here and a nod to @jewc75, and I am sure a few others, for inspiration and instructions. Got my Mav a week ago. Had a full year to think about this modification. The side badge disturbed me as a black piece of non functioning plastic stuck on the fender.

- Sanded only the "XLT"to give it the brushed look, sand in one direction. Did not sand anything else or use primer. The paint is from R&E Paint Supply in Mountain Home, AR. They offer most if not all of the Maverick colors. I think it is a perfect match and reasonably priced. https://repaintsupply.com/
-Stripes are pinstripe tape from AutoZone​
-After painting I chipped paint off the "XLT" with light touch on a razor blade. It flaked right off from lack of primer. Did not want to use sand paper to avoid hitting good paint. The paint is definitely stuck to the black plastic. I then added the stripes and applied Dupli-color gloss clear coat from AutoZone​
-Light is a three wire LED from Amazon- Partsam 2pcs 3/4" Mini Amber LED Marker Clearance Light Turn Signal Light Air Dam Lights, 3 Wires, 12V. The light has two intensities, the brighter I wired for the turn signal. Drill a 3/4" hole in badge.
-Lens is from GadCad at Etsy. Stuck on with 3M tape. Was concerned with how well it would seal so I drilled a small hole at the bottom point for drainage just in case.​
-Wired it by tapping all three wires into the front running/turn signal lights. Yellow/black on drivers side is turn signal, blue/white on passenger side. Definitely use black cloth tape to wrap/re-wrap wires.​
- Badge is a lot easier/safer to reinstall if you take the metal clips out of the fender and slide them on the tabs on the badge prior to reinstall.​

I am pleased with the results and now have a more visible side turn signal.

Ford Maverick DIY Customized Side Fender Vent, Badge, Light 20230904_141654

Ford Maverick DIY Customized Side Fender Vent, Badge, Light 20230911_165330_hdr-
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FIrst post here and a nod to @jewc75, and I am sure a few others, for inspiration and instructions. Got my Mav a week ago. Had a full year to think about this modification. The side badge disturbed me as a black piece of non functioning plastic stuck on the fender.

- Sanded only the "XLT"to give it the brushed look, sand in one direction. Did not sand anything else or use primer. The paint is from R&E Paint Supply in Mountain Home, AR. They offer most if not all of the Maverick colors. I think it is a perfect match and reasonably priced. https://repaintsupply.com/
-Stripes are pinstripe tape from AutoZone
-After painting I chipped paint off the "XLT" with light touch on a razor blade. It flaked right off from lack of primer. Did not want to use sand paper to avoid hitting good paint. The paint is definitely stuck to the black plastic. I then added the stripes and applied Dupli-color gloss clear coat from AutoZone
-Light is a three wire LED from Amazon- Partsam 2pcs 3/4" Mini Amber LED Marker Clearance Light Turn Signal Light Air Dam Lights, 3 Wires, 12V. The light has two intensities, the brighter I wired for the turn signal. Drill a 3/4" hole in badge.
-Lens is from GadCad at Etsy. Stuck on with 3M tape. Was concerned with how well it would seal so I drilled a small hole at the bottom point for drainage just in case.
-Wired it by tapping all three wires into the front running/turn signal lights. Yellow/black on drivers side is turn signal, blue/white on passenger side. Definitely use black cloth tape to wrap/re-wrap wires.
- Badge is a lot easier/safer to reinstall if you take the metal clips out of the fender and slide them on the tabs on the badge prior to reinstall.

View attachment 124274
That's really sharp looking 👌

Sponsored

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

-Stripes are pinstripe tape from AutoZone​
-After painting I chipped paint off the "XLT" with light touch on a razor blade. It flaked right off from lack of primer. Did not want to use sand paper to avoid hitting good paint. The paint is definitely stuck to the black plastic. I then added the stripes and applied Dupli-color gloss clear coat from AutoZone​
-Lens is from GadCad at Etsy. Stuck on with 3M tape. Was concerned with how well it would seal so I drilled a small hole at the bottom point for drainage just in case.​
-Wired it by tapping all three wires into the front running/turn signal lights. Yellow/black on drivers side is turn signal, blue/white on passenger side. Definitely use black cloth tape to wrap/re-wrap wires.​
- Badge is a lot easier/safer to reinstall if you take the metal clips out of the fender and slide them on the tabs on the badge prior to reinstall.​

View attachment 124274
Wonder how you put the lights there.

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That turned out great. I have the translucent inserts from the same guy, I was thinking about putting the amber set up like you have with the brighter element wired to the signals but also if there’s room maybe put one white LED on a switched circuit for side illumination.
Good work. Painting that plastic can be tricky.

OP
OP
Bobbyleep3

Bobbyleep3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take off the plastic pieces, drill hole, put in light, tape plastic piece over it. Connect wires to the wires going to turn signals.
If you are not going to paint the badge you could add the lights without taking the badge off. Nothing behind the badge to hit if the drill goes too deep. Use conical multi diameter bit.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great, I’d like to do something similar to mine. It’s on the list lol.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think Ford should be making those side marker lights stock.... Looks good!
I'm not sure they can, are they even legal in that position? I thought side mounted lights like that could only be on the lower half or on the side mirrors.