ImGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia SUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tossing this out there to see if other maverick owners are in the same boat. Does your tailgate angle downward ? Not level with the bed floor ?
ECC3D910-3A53-4318-8E0B-F4CDC315C845.jpeg
Yep, mine is the same way.
Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With the door bounce when closing might be showing how airtight the cab is
Air pressure shouldn't make closing the door difficult. There is a vent behind the back seat to let air out.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Years ago I had a car with very tight seals, and when I opened the car door, it would automatically roll the driver's side window down just a little. The door would close easily without the air pressure inside. If you park your Mav inside a garage, maybe a temporary solution would be to park it with the driver's window down just a smidge until the seals get broken in....
That is typically a design feature of sashless doors, as there is no upper support for the door glass when you open & close the door.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, mine is the same way.
Have seen it in many videos of the bed- I believe it was designed this way, it certain why

Bmckenz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have seen it in many videos of the bed- I believe it was designed this way, it certain why
I’ll get pictures later, seems to pull down the straps on the bed extender way more than you would expect. I’ll check with the dealer but something seems off

Sponsored

TheRodster14

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I’ve driven my Maverick 1k miles. Here’s my review!

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

I do not have the hood bounce issue.

PROS
1. I love how it handles.
2. I love the smooth ride.
3. Plenty of storage for my purposes.
4. My small kids (11, 8, 4) can easily fit in backseat with boosters.
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
6. Seats are very comfortable, even at 5’8 and pushing 290lbs.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.
8. It looks great and i get comments every time I stop somewhere.

I got mine off dealer stock a few weeks ago. I paid MSRP.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

98D4A35E-F706-400D-B01B-22A2BDDDD6D0.jpeg

AB08E271-7025-4AD6-9AA1-C040BF61AC3D.jpeg

9CB3812A-A09F-40EE-8DDC-3361CE4028AB.jpeg
She's a beauty! I did notice in mine the first couple of days about the door-shutting. It just seemed to need a little breaking in.

ImGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia SUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll get pictures later, seems to pull down the straps on the bed extender way more than you would expect. I’ll check with the dealer but something seems off
I am starting to think it has something to do with the two level option.

They needed it to be at the same height as the wheel wells when using the other attachment point. That length and the length to have the tail gate level when fully down aren't perfect.

The outcome it the slightly off-level tail gate.

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

PROS
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

Hi. I have an XLT in cactus grey with an FX4 package. I take possession in two weeks; it's already at the dealer :) Question-I also dislike auto start/stop. I thought you could legit turn it off?? Are you saying if you use the turn-off option, it doesn't stop the behavior? It will be unfortunate, mainly because I checked before the purchase. Thanks in advance

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Hi. I have an XLT in cactus grey with an FX4 package. I take possession in two weeks; it's already at the dealer :) Question-I also dislike auto start/stop. I thought you could legit turn it off?? Are you saying if you use the turn-off option, it doesn't stop the behavior? It will be unfortunate, mainly because I checked before the purchase. Thanks in advance
It doesn't stop it forever, you can only turn it off for that particular driving session. Once you turn it off, it'll revert back.

Deacon Blues

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit, 1997 F150
I hated the auto stop-start on my BMW X1, but luckily I was able to turn it completely off.
I'm hoping there will be some way to do the same on my new Maverick.

Sponsored

Bmckenz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am starting to think it has something to do with the two level option.

They needed it to be at the same height as the wheel wells when using the other attachment point. That length and the length to have the tail gate level when fully down aren't perfect.

The outcome it the slightly off-level tail gate.
I tipped up the tailgate the halfway position. Still seems to be angled down slightly from level with the wheel wells. This position seems to be more forgiving with the geometry of the cables on the tailgate. I feel like they could afford to be shortened a fair bit and not be an issue in the halfway position. I will have my dealer look at it.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CONS

PROS

You complain about your AM and FM radio reception. Try putting the rest of the antenna on it, I noticed it only has the shark fin, it should also have a short straight antenna that will screw into the shark fin, you should get better reception with that in.

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
You complain about your AM and FM radio reception. Try putting the rest of the antenna on it, I noticed it only has the shark fin, it should also have a short straight antenna that will screw into the shark fin, you should get better reception with that in.
Yea, thanks to you and the person above, I had no clue it was missing part of the antenna. They didn't put it on before I drove it off the lot and I can't locate it in the truck. The dealership ordered one for me, so it should be fixed here soon!

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! I got rid of my 19' Outback before I got a Maverick and my spouse has a Mazda3. You could close those doors with you breath. I find myself having to slam the door or else it bounces back partially open. This could be attributed to the number of seals. That only helps to reduce noise so it's worth the tradeoff.
I noticed that on a test drive. I believe It could be due to such a solid air tight seal in the cab which is reason so little road noise. I opened the window and tried again for comparison and door seemed to close with much less effort. This is a good thing all the way around in my opinion

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the real world review. We're about the same height and I'm wondering how you liked the overall fields of vision when cornering left and parking. Is there much of a dead zone created by the base of the front post and mirror?
Sponsored