FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve driven my Maverick 1k miles. Here’s my review!

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

I do not have the hood bounce issue.

PROS
1. I love how it handles.
2. I love the smooth ride.
3. Plenty of storage for my purposes.
4. My small kids (11, 8, 4) can easily fit in backseat with boosters.
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
6. Seats are very comfortable, even at 5’8 and pushing 290lbs.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.
8. It looks great and i get comments every time I stop somewhere.

I got mine off dealer stock a few weeks ago. I paid MSRP.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

98D4A35E-F706-400D-B01B-22A2BDDDD6D0.jpeg

AB08E271-7025-4AD6-9AA1-C040BF61AC3D.jpeg

9CB3812A-A09F-40EE-8DDC-3361CE4028AB.jpeg
Go 'Stros!
Sponsored

Coast Beaver

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Subaru Outback

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

PROS
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

You say the mileage was about what you expected, But what did you expect and get??????

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a VW with auto start/stop. I don’t think it saves enough gas/emissions across the fleet to make a difference.

Having said that, I challenged my self to adjust my driving style to accommodate it. Now, it’s no longer an annoyance.

Waiting to pull out into traffic or just before a traffic light changes, I ease pressure off the brake. The engine starts but the vehicle does not move. Once it starts it will continue to run until the next time I come to a full start.

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking at your 3rd picture down, It looks like your missing the small whip antenna that screws into the blade antenna, that could be the cause of the radio problems.
There's probably a salesman at the dealership trying to figure out where this little antenna on his desk came from.

https://cdn.drivingline.com/media/2337593/2022-ford-maverick-02.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

CONS

PROS

Those are really sharp photos!

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With the door bounce when closing might be showing how airtight the cab is

Bmckenz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tossing this out there to see if other maverick owners are in the same boat. Does your tailgate angle downward ? Not level with the bed floor ?
Ford Maverick Maverick XLT Cactus Gray 1,000 miles review - pros and cons ECC3D910-3A53-4318-8E0B-F4CDC315C845

Sponsored

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado

CONS

PROS

Years ago I had a car with very tight seals, and when I opened the car door, it would automatically roll the driver's side window down just a little. The door would close easily without the air pressure inside. If you park your Mav inside a garage, maybe a temporary solution would be to park it with the driver's window down just a smidge until the seals get broken in....

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm jelly of the $3.19 gas price at this pump. $3.89-$4.09 here, $3.69 at tribal stations.
I paid about $3.30 for premium at the local Costco :cool:. Still enough of a cheapskate to get the Hybrid though.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid about $3.30 for premium at the local Costco :cool:. Still enough of a cheapskate to get the Hybrid though.
$3.30? We are at $5 here in California
Sponsored