Sponsored

Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up?

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
I saw some mock-up photos of a Tonneau cover that would work with an over-bed Rack. I am waiting until I see one of those to make a decision. I am torn between that and the full snugtop

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
I saw some mock-up photos of a Tonneau cover that would work with an over-bed Rack. I am waiting until I see one of those to make a decision. I am torn between that and the full snugtop
hard to say yet with the maverick but the bak revolver x4s was compatible with over bed racks on the gladiator even though it wasn’t listed as a feature.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I prefer a soft tri-fold. Affordable, easy to use and R&R, and effective as a low security option.

Specifically, I like the Extang Trifecta Signature series. Had one for 6 years on 2 F150's, held up great, and worked awesome. Will be getting the same for the Mav.
That option looks GREAT! Plus it's affordable, and no drill install looks easy. I will definitely check it out. How does it hold up in the winter? My truck will not be garaged. Chicagoland winters can be icy/snow/sleet. Any worries?

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hard to say yet with the maverick but the bak revolver x4s was compatible with over bed racks on the gladiator even though it wasn’t listed as a feature.
The Ford trifold one I don't see installer notes for yet does it have drain hoses that need to be drilled or did Rev/Bak figure out different option.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That option looks GREAT! Plus it's affordable, and no drill install looks easy. I will definitely check it out. How does it hold up in the winter? My truck will not be garaged. Chicagoland winters can be icy/snow/sleet. Any worries?
Had mine for 6 years of no garage, automatic car washes, and Ohio winters; which probably are no better than Chicago winters! Still looked/worked great when I sold the truck earlier this summer. I'll be getting another of the same when the time comes.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had mine for 6 years of no garage, automatic car washes, and Ohio winters; which probably are no better than Chicago winters! Still looked/worked great when I sold the truck earlier this summer. I'll be getting another of the same when the time comes.
The vinyl or the "premium canvas"?

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was going to order the factory hard trifold but ended up skipping it because of the constraints. It's good to know there are aftermarket options out there already. This will be my first truck so I'm not completely sure of the best option. The truck will be garaged nightly but I imagine we will take some trips with belongings in the bed that we'd want to be secure.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The vinyl or the "premium canvas"?
Signature series, which is the premium canvas....the material resembles nice convertible top material. I hate the shiny look of vinyl.

Sponsored

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if the hard folding locks?

Heydaddy91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm from BC and I'm stuck with the same predicament.

Which would be more durable? The Hard Tri-fold or Hard Roll-up? Just worried about the Vinyl on the Hard Roll-up and it's durability. I heard the felt unglues... but it's not a big deal the Aluminum slats still functions normally if that does happen. And since it's a Canadian order, the factory ones are a great deal.

Mavrcktrk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to order the factory hard trifold but ended up skipping it because of the constraints. It's good to know there are aftermarket options out there already. This will be my first truck so I'm not completely sure of the best option. The truck will be garaged nightly but I imagine we will take some trips with belongings in the bed that we'd want to be secure.
What constraints?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have any experience with the gator soft Tri folds?
Yes! Although I am going to get a hard roll up on my Maverick I had this on the ranger I sold. No complaints and it keeps your bed contents hidden reasonably well at a decent cost.
Sponsored