Sponsored

Txjay

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
I saw my first Mav today and spoke with Ford Rep. who has been driving it around Texas to show it to ford dealers. He said the MPG displayed vs calculated at pump came out the same. So far with over 5K miles average is 30mpg. I am sure that is mostly highway tough . This is a lariat AWD FX4, not sure about Tow package. It had 225/65-17 tires.
Sponsored

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
I saw my first Mav today and spoke with Ford Rep. who has been driving it around Texas to show it to ford dealers. He said the MPG displayed vs calculated at pump came out the same. So far with over 5K miles average is 30mpg. I am sure that is mostly highway tough.
That is a very good piece of information! For some reason, I feel when we drive the Maverick sensibly, we should easily get 30mpg or higher. I just got mine last night, so I have only given it a trial run and you've seen what I have already posted... extremely impressive!

So, here is what I am wondering. I have always reset the mpg anytime I do a trip or run to the store. But, should I be doing that for the tank instead? I do keep my logs in an app, but if it is better to relax and do it by tankful then I will be happy to switch! Thoughts?

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2.0 first edition, 187 mile ride today. 50 percent 70mph interstate, 15 percent city and 35 percent two lane 45/55mph thru Pa. hills and mountains....29.7 avg mog
Have you done a manual calculation of mileage to validate the displayed mileage?

Reactions: TCK

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My first tank the onboard calculator showed 25.4. My miles driven / gallons filled math when I re-filled was actually 27.4. That was on the initial fill of what was I'm sure 87 from the dealer. That was with probably 70-75% city driving.

Reactions: JJC

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first tank the onboard calculator showed 25.4. My miles driven / gallons filled math when I re-filled was actually 27.4. That was on the initial fill of what was I'm sure 87 from the dealer. That was with probably 70-75% city driving.
Thank You!
My Kia onboard was over by as much as 5 mpg.

Sponsored

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
2.0 first edition, 187 mile ride today. 50 percent 70mph interstate, 15 percent city and 35 percent two lane 45/55mph thru Pa. hills and mountains....29.7 avg mog
Not too many pictures of First Editions posted on here…hint, hint! I’m hopefully getting my Carb Grey in the next few weeks…

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use a program for tracking all vehicle expenses including gas costs.

It breaks down:

Total Gas Cost
Gas cost per mile driven
Gallons of Gas used
MPG
Average price per Gallon

Here is a snapshot for my current 2015 Honda Fit Ex for year 2021 YTD

2015 Honda Fit EX for 2021 YTD.JPG
I see alot of Techron fuel system addditive, how is that working out for you?

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You paid way more for 93 octane vs 87 octane. Most of the time, the mpg gain does not cover the additionss as k fuel costs.
I have found the sweet spot to be 89 octane on my 2014 Focus with same 2.0T as far as feeling the difference, cost, and mpg. But in winter I run 87, just to save a little $.

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I track it. "Run of the mill" 180 hp is plenty for me. No need of more hp, gets me where I want to go just fine. Personally would rather have the better gas mileage. I have no plans to tow or drag race. If I do I'll rent what I need to do so. The Maverick is for every day normal driving so I see no need to prioritize 0-60 racing over practicality. Just a second slower in the hybrid.
An engine desined to be able to extract energy from higher octanes is not inherently worse with mpg. Improved efficiency can be used either for performance or mpg, depending on your gas foot.

With more energy in each gallon you can travel more distance per mile with a light foot, or burn more energy to accelerate faster. The choice is yours, I love having the option of getting more out of each gallon. And depending on varying cost of different octanes, it can be cheaper or more expensive to run different octanes.

Reactions: TCK

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see alot of Techron fuel system additive, how is that working out for you?
The reason for the Techron is that the 2015/2016 Honda Fit has a design issue with the Fuel Injectors that will cost $2000+ to replace them when they fail.

See this Thread:

2015 Fit: How to Prevent or Delay the "Replace Fuel Injector" problem?

The thread shows that using Techron may help in preventing the problem from occurring so I add it occasionally when I fill up with cheap gas. Other times I use Top-Tier gas.

The Fit will be sold/traded-in when I get the Maverick but as you see I sure don't want a major repair to happen in the next 2-3 months so $5.40 is a cheap protection option.

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of great information here. I used to calculate gas on every tank when I daily drove a 200 I6, as it was designed for different fuel and when it dipped it meant I needed to get in there and clean up/change plugs. My FIT got the same new as it does with 175k miles so I am pleased there and stopped calculating at about 100k (37…that article above has a post where a dude is getting 44…HOW?). The EB is getting better than my Sportwagen which is very impressive considering what it can do and well, how anti-aero it is (and it’s power).
But reading these posts where 87 is $3 in Minnesota? I have not seen 87 at $3 for thirty years here! $4.79 today. If you see a Cactus Grey hybrid doing 35 on HWY 101- well, wave. That’s me.

Grayhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
Undecided
That is a very good piece of information! For some reason, I feel when we drive the Maverick sensibly, we should easily get 30mpg or higher. I just got mine last night, so I have only given it a trial run and you've seen what I have already posted... extremely impressive!

So, here is what I am wondering. I have always reset the mpg anytime I do a trip or run to the store. But, should I be doing that for the tank instead? I do keep my logs in an app, but if it is better to relax and do it by tankful then I will be happy to switch! Thoughts?
I usually do mine by the tank so I get a good reading on milage over different length trips. Sometimes I will not reset if we are on a road trip and I want to see the mileage for the trip.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of great information here. I used to calculate gas on every tank when I daily drove a 200 I6, as it was designed for different fuel and when it dipped it meant I needed to get in there and clean up/change plugs. My FIT got the same new as it does with 175k miles so I am pleased there and stopped calculating at about 100k (37…that article above has a post where a dude is getting 44…HOW?). The EB is getting better than my Sportwagen which is very impressive considering what it can do and well, how anti-aero it is (and it’s power).
But reading these posts where 87 is $3 in Minnesota? I have not seen 87 at $3 for thirty years here! $4.79 today. If you see a Cactus Grey hybrid doing 35 on HWY 101- well, wave. That’s me.
Just to rub it in a little, that is 3.07 for
Premium at Costco in Minnesota 😁🌵

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First fill up today. I'm liking the range on this thing. I've done 300 miles with about 150 left to go on this tank but I had some time to stop and fill it.

It did 300 miles on 11.9 gallons so that's 25.2 mpg. The dash was showing 27+ mpg.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First fill up today. I'm liking the range on this thing. I've done 300 miles with about 150 left to go on this tank but I had some time to stop and fill it.

It did 300 miles on 11.9 gallons so that's 25.2 mpg. The dash was showing 27+ mpg.
AWD/TOW ?
Sponsored