pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See this just doesn't impress me. The Maverick is not a heavy vehicle and it has a small 2 liter engine. you would think that they could squeeze more mpg out of an ICE of that size. In comparison, my 2015 Subie Outback with a 2.5 liter was rated 25/33 back then. I still get the same with it after 269,000 miles.
As others have said, you're comparing a run of the mill 180hp engine to a 250hp engine, not really apples to apples.

Also, looks like the fuelly outback owner average is below the low city value at 24.5 overall. So if you are averaging 33 you'll do well in the Maverick.

Do you actually track your mpg, or were you just talking anecdotally based on what you see on your trip computer? (which are always optimistic... My 2014 Subaru Impreza was particularly bad at getting the actual mpg right, always over 10% more optimistic than actual).

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here Screenshot_20211011-175824
Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screenshots have less meaning than true miles divided by gallons put in full tank to full tank. I’ve found cars exaggerate their mpg numbers.
(Our buick has lied by as much as 5 mpg on a full tank verified at times)

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As others have said, you're comparing a run of the mill 180hp engine to a 250hp engine, not really apples to apples.

Also, looks like the fuelly outback owner average is below the low city value at 24.5 overall. So if you are averaging 33 you'll do well in the Maverick.

Do you actually track your mpg, or were you just talking anecdotally based on what you see on your trip computer? (which are always optimistic... My 2014 Subaru Impreza was particularly bad at getting the actual mpg right, always over 10% more optimistic than actual).

Screenshot_20211011-175824.jpg
I track it. "Run of the mill" 180 hp is plenty for me. No need of more hp, gets me where I want to go just fine. Personally would rather have the better gas mileage. I have no plans to tow or drag race. If I do I'll rent what I need to do so. The Maverick is for every day normal driving so I see no need to prioritize 0-60 racing over practicality. Just a second slower in the hybrid.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I track it. "Run of the mill" 180 hp is plenty for me. No need of more hp, gets me where I want to go just fine. Personally would rather have the better gas mileage. I have no plans to tow or drag race. If I do I'll rent what I need to do so. The Maverick is for every day normal driving so I see no need to prioritize 0-60 racing over practicality. Just a second slower in the hybrid.
Then you should get the hybrid. This isn't a difficult concept, that extra 70hp/90lbs/ft of torque influences efficiency.

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you should get the hybrid. This isn't a difficult concept, that extra 70hp/90lbs/ft of torque influences efficiency.
If both platforms produce plenty of hp/torque for the average driver, why not consider the one with the best mpg? I've not seen one review that the hybrid was not a capable machine for most. Especially with the cost of fuel these days. I believe once Ford gets up to speed with production, I think that is what sells will show also. We shall see. out.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If both platforms produce plenty of hp/torque for the average driver, why not consider the one with the best mpg? I've not seen one review that the hybrid was not a capable machine for most. Especially with the cost of fuel these days. I believe once Ford gets up to speed with production, I think that is what sells will show also. We shall see. out.
I really wish Ford would have spec'd the hybrid with the AWD option. That's really the only reason I'm going 2.0, because I want AWD for the increased tow rating, as well as enhanced winter & trail driving. If I'm really wishing, I'd take the hybrid PHEV AWD they never made..... ;)

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
With the current ride at an average of 18.5, (3.0 twin turbo Q50) anything in the 20’s is good for me.
I don’t really drive conservatively. I was always taught that driving smart was a balance of defensive and offensive driving. Carrying momentum is better for reaction than being on the brake, etc. which means more use of the gas pedal. The Maverick isn’t a sleek sports car with slippery aero. But it’s DEFINITELY gonna get better gas mileage than the sasquatch packaged 2.7 Bronco I’m waiting for.

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 0A4B6FF3-D82D-44F1-9939-AD31F617CD67

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 2220A8D5-5F42-4EA7-8286-845C2806548F

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't disagree at all, so why are you arguing that the 2.0T model - made specifically for those who want more power, in exchange for less efficiency - isn't fuel efficient enough?

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
Last night, I took ownership of my new Maverick AWD 4k Towing off-road truck and invited my friend to make sure I was doing the right thing. He absolutely loved the Maverick and he even got to drive it. He was extremely impressed with how it was maxed out.

I own a Fiat Spider 124 and some days I take it easy and I can get from 36 mpg to 40 mpg. Sometimes I like to have fun, and it may dip down to 34 mpg but it's worth it.

This morning, I drove the truck to work instead of the Spider (of course) and decided to just take it easy and see what gas mileage I can get out of this by doing the speed limit or 1-2 miles over the speed limit. That's the rule. There were three stop lights I had to stop at and one round-a-bout that I had to go around which means slowing down to merge with the other cars entering the round-a-bout. I must say, I was able to get the mpg up to 36.4 mpg, but my overall score was 35.3 mpg.

I knew when buying the AWD that I would be able to get at least 34mpg if I take it easy and grateful that I was able to achieve that easily. I am very pleased with the results and know what this truck is capable of.

I feel fortunate to get a truck that gets mpg very close to the hybrid under certain circumstances. Going 70mph with a load will certainly give me different results, but at least for my commute I can expect over 30mpg.

10/15/21 Update: I have driven it to and from work a few days and thus far, it pretty much holds at 30mpg for the overall average. What's really cool is two times I have been through the drive-through and I have only lost 1/10th of a mpg compared to my other cars that could easily lose 4-6mpg especially on longer lines! Stop lights I don't lose much, either but when I accelerate to get back up to speed, I lose a bit and then it takes a little while to recover.

I love how Trip1 and Trip2 keeps track of the mpg. I had difficulty with getting Trip2 to show, but now I have worked out how to use the three trips...

• Standard with the bar - Reset when starting car to gauge how the mpg is going for the ride
  • Trip1 - If I take a road trip, day trip, etc. I will use this one. This could span more than one day.
  • Trip2 - Per Tank Only! Reset after each new fill-up

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here IMG_1200

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 1634316860527

Last edited:
Sponsored

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Someone please do some testing with about 1000 lbs payload and drive in the city. Would love to see what you can get mpg

KRae

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kareena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really wish Ford would have spec'd the hybrid with the AWD option. That's really the only reason I'm going 2.0, because I want AWD for the increased tow rating, as well as enhanced winter & trail driving. If I'm really wishing, I'd take the hybrid PHEV AWD they never made..... ;)

Same here. I chose the 2.0 for the AWD, but would have loved a hybrid with AWD. I juat couldnt justify not having an awd truck during the snowy winter months

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a matter of personal choice. Some people just prefer some extra power at the expense of extra gas. I cannot either understand people commuting to their offices in F250, F350, F450s, but whatever suits their fancy, right? We're in America, the land of choices.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also there's a difference in winter blend gasoline vs summer blend. if memory serves me, winter blend gave the best mpg.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[/QUO
I don't disagree at all, so why are you arguing that the 2.0T model - made specifically for those who want more power, in exchange for less efficiency - isn't fuel efficient enough?
Who said I was arguing? Just pointing things out. Chill!
Sponsored