Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sure seems to be a lot of glass 1/2 empty posters visiting here now. maybe it's an age group thing? The XL with LESS standard tech and a few added modern goodies from a decent options list is exactly what myself and many others have been craving ever since demise of the Ranger MINI truck in 2011. Ford said they aimed it (the Hybrid entry level really) at urban dwellers who wouldn't necessarily consider a truck as a primary vehicle, but they are also filling a void while trying to create a new market segment. They're taking a huge risk in capital investment and I don't blame them for NOT making every technology feature and creature comfort standard on the lowest trim vehicle before there is proven market demand over time. That's how you go bankrupt in a highly competitive industry. XL hybrid checks all the basic boxes and then some- far more utilitarian and flexible than a Prius for example and a cost beater. There's also the option in drivetrains for people that are not interested in Hybrid as much as more power and capability.

For those that want, not EXPECT, more standard gadgets, whistles and bells for whatever purposes can step up to XLT and add even more options until you bleed $.

Older folks, maybe more established in life, retired, etc. where budget is not an issue but want luxury and more frills can go Lariat, option it to the max - and still come in cheaper than a fully equipped mid, or full size pickup that gets less MPG and costs more to insure and harder to park, get in and out of, etc.

This is what's known as a "Cadillac problem" - only good choices and something for nearly everyone. Enjoy it while you still can :cool:
Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sure seems to be a lot of glass 1/2 empty posters visiting here now. maybe it's an age group thing? The XL with LESS standard tech and a few added modern goodies from a decent options list is exactly what myself and many others have been craving ever since demise of the Ranger MINI truck in 2011. Ford said they aimed it (the Hybrid entry level really) at urban dwellers who wouldn't necessarily consider a truck as a primary vehicle, but they are also filling a void while trying to create a new market segment. They're taking a huge risk in capital investment and I don't blame them for NOT making every technology feature and creature comfort standard on the lowest trim vehicle before there is proven market demand over time. That's how you go bankrupt in a highly competitive industry. XL hybrid checks all the basic boxes and then some- far more utilitarian and flexible than a Prius for example and a cost beater. There's also the option in drivetrains for people that are not interested in Hybrid as much as more power and capability.

For those that want, not EXPECT, more standard gadgets, whistles and bells for whatever purposes can step up to XLT and add even more options until you bleed $.

Older folks, maybe more established in life, retired, etc. where budget is not an issue but want luxury and more frills can go Lariat, option it to the max - and still come in cheaper than a fully equipped mid, or full size pickup that gets less MPG and costs more to insure and harder to park, get in and out of, etc.

This is what's known as a "Cadillac problem" - only good choices and something for nearly everyone. Enjoy it while you still can :cool:
My name is Ukrainian but my father was Scottish in his spending.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
The first thing I look at in a truck is the dimension from tailgate to ground w/ gate open. The Maverick really caught my attention w/ it's great figure. That said, the inability to load 4' sheet goods on the floor nullifies this as you have to put 2x4's up in notches in the bed and then lift the sheet goods up to this level which is a lot higher than the floor.

I personally would had rather seen the 1.5 liter, 3 cylinder as standard on the XL w/ (8) speed trans, making the Hybrid a separate entity since it's not available with AWD and comes w/ the CVT.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait it looks like the XLT has lane centering and adaptive cruise control in Canada:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.04.56 AM.png
Sigh.....

Snip

Thanks again for your feedback. We have forwarded the error to our web team and it will be corrected. In the meantime, if you have questions about your request to order, your best bet would be to speak directly to the dealership where you placed the order. ^SB

Sponsored

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Yes to the key on XLT. I hate having to fish around for keys now. That was the reason we got a Lariat. And agree on adaptive cruise, so went with Luxury package.

Of course AWD on hybrid, but I know it’ll eventually come as they work out this new technology. Or AWD will be standard on the electric version like the Lightning and be another reason to convert to an EV.
AWD is available for the Escape Hybrid. Looks like Ford simply chose not to offer it.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No cruise on the XL is my biggest gripe. My 2016 XL F450 work truck has it. The FX4 not coming with the dual clutch rear from the Bronco Sport is a massive bummer but not entirely unexpected given the price.
That's my biggest gripe too. But don't worry there will be an OEM or aftermarket workaround eventually

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AWD is available for the Escape Hybrid. Looks like Ford simply chose not to offer it.
I read that the 2.5 hybrid is all new for Ford and they’re using their own hybrid system. If it’s all new, I assume they just aren’t there with this one yet. No biggie.
They could have just used the engine and AWD system from the Escape, but decided to engineer it from the ground up for reasons.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's my biggest gripe too. But don't worry there will be an OEM or aftermarket workaround eventually
The XL is really aimed at the fleet business. They will sell many more there than to general public.

In my area, ATT, Spectrum, water company, electric company have all just replaced their fleet with the Ranger XL. They probably wish they could have gotten another year out of old and bought Maverick now.

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
I read that the 2.5 hybrid is all new for Ford and they’re using their own hybrid system. If it’s all new, I assume they just aren’t there with this one yet. No biggie.
They could have just used the engine and AWD system from the Escape, but decided to engineer it from the ground up for reasons.
You know I just came across a motor trend article about that. I think you're right, we will be seeing an all-wheel drive version of the hybrid in another year or two.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know I just came across a motor trend article about that. I think you're right, we will be seeing an all-wheel drive version of the hybrid in another year or two.
Maybe that’s where it was. Thank you.
Yeah, no doubt. We’ll see if we need it once it comes out. I may talk myself into it. 😝
Sponsored