Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet Ford brings out a hybrid+AWD option in a 2-3 years. This is probably just to reduce complexity for initial production.
Agreed....I would wait til then but by that time my car would be pushing 160-180k miles. LOL
Sponsored

Ems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely love the Maverick but my main grumble is the Flexbed differing between trim levels. We all need to tie things down. If I am correct XL gets 6 tie downs, XTL gets 10 tie downs and Lux package for XLT gets you the adjustable tie down bar. I don’t care about tech stuff but that’s a lot of jump ups just for proper tie downs.
Adjustable tie down bar is a dealer installed option, you can make something similar for real cheap. The additional 4 tie downs are just d rings on the floor from what I’ve read, get a set off Amazon or at the hardware store for a 10 bucks. My ranger was a 2020 without the two additional tie downs that ‘19’s had, I got a pack of d rings and installed 4 of those in the open holes instead.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll start by saying the Ford Integrated Tether System looks promising, but I think I will end up hating it. First thing I plan to do when I get the vehicle is to build a nice removable plug for that slot.
That makes me think it might be a great place to stow a quarter for my Aldis shopping cart.
Fortunately I won't often need AWD so I can just grab a set of dedicated snow tires for the Winter, and eventually I'll replace the stock tires with some A/T tires like the Yokohama Geolandars.
Yes, AWD is overrated. I lived in NY for a while and found that my FWD vehicle (although it did have a mechanical LSD) w/ fresh blizzaks was more capable than AWD vehicles with old all seasons on them, since I had no problem getting rolling and could outturn and brake the inferior tire vehicles which is the really dangerous thing in snow anyway IMO.
No cruise control on the XL. It's a cheap way to get you into the next trim level.
We'll see if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that XL's will be unicorns. Ford doesn't sell to us consumers that like cheap prices, they sell to dealerships as their customer. Dealerships like vehicles with high profit margins, and the XL likely has very little, so why order them? And if no dealers are ordering them, then how can you or I buy them? I think its existence was more of a marketing ploy so they can advertise everywhere that the Maverick starts under $20K (while hitting it with the highest non-negotiable delivery fee I've seen yet of $1500).

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait it looks like the XLT has lane centering and adaptive cruise control in Canada:

Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.04.56 AM

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Canadian offerings are different.

Only 2.0L/AWD for the Lariat (a big jump), so I can see why they'd add ACC to the mid-level trim. I asked my sales guy for a feature sheet to confirm but he's off today.

Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, now I have to buy a 3D printer to build a trash can? :eek:
I'm hoping some enterprising dealerships will install 3D printers in their showrooms to allow customers to buy print-time, or just sell their own custom accessories.

Zicua

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 F150, '69 Corvette, '08 Yukon XL, '09 Matrix
Dealerships like vehicles with high profit margins, and the XL likely has very little, so why order them? And if no dealers are ordering them, then how can you or I buy them? I think its existence was more of a marketing ploy so they can advertise everywhere that the Maverick starts under $20K (while hitting it with the highest non-negotiable delivery fee I've seen yet of $1500).
You can always order on yourself. I actually prefer the XL wheels and the problem with the XLT package doesn't include any options I would select otherwise. And can someone start a class action lawsuit or something to stop allowing companies to advertise a price that doesn't include a mandatory "fee"?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Absolutely love the Maverick but my main grumble is the Flexbed differing between trim levels. We all need to tie things down. If I am correct XL gets 6 tie downs, XTL gets 10 tie downs and Lux package for XLT gets you the adjustable tie down bar. I don’t care about tech stuff but that’s a lot of jump ups just for proper tie downs.
It'll be all the same sheet metal so I think you can buy the Ford tie downs as parts and install yourself

It really seems like Ford isn't making money on the XL Hybrids so there's a big push up to XLT. For the DIY person who's willing to go aftermarket or add OEM parts later, the XL seems like a hell of a deal

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.
I really like the short engine bay longer bed idea. In fact, I had imaged that before they revealed Maverick. I called it Transit Connect pickup.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm hoping some enterprising dealerships will install 3D printers in their showrooms to allow customers to buy print-time, or just sell their own custom accessories.
KingRancho -- you're in THE ZONE...I'm guessing/hoping a forum member will side-hustle some accessories for all his amigos/amigas can buy...

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I'll gladly 3d print accesories to sell here or make custom ones for forum members, one step closer to being a ford designer 😁 where can we access the cad data? I've got SolidWorks ready to go

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.
My gripes exactly! Probably in that order as well.

On my ranger, all of the tech extras were a single package (BLIS, adaptive, etc) - adaptive cruise is great, lane centering also would've been excellent (not in the 2019 ranger) - if they'd bundled those in with that 360 package for like $1100 it is a no-question add to me.

The key - same deal with my Ranger - why do Fiesta STs (and probably older lower end cars) that were $18k new get push button and we are hear in 2021 using a key. My guess is the parts bin overfloweth.

On the engine - I probably would have went with a hybrid awd...however knowing how much fun the Ranger is to drive, and expecting similar performance out of the 2.0 turbo, I'm not going to complain too hard on that one :)

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes me think it might be a great place to stow a quarter for my Aldis shopping cart.

Yes, AWD is overrated. I lived in NY for a while and found that my FWD vehicle (although it did have a mechanical LSD) w/ fresh blizzaks was more capable than AWD vehicles with old all seasons on them, since I had no problem getting rolling and could outturn and brake the inferior tire vehicles which is the really dangerous thing in snow anyway IMO.

We'll see if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that XL's will be unicorns. Ford doesn't sell to us consumers that like cheap prices, they sell to dealerships as their customer. Dealerships like vehicles with high profit margins, and the XL likely has very little, so why order them? And if no dealers are ordering them, then how can you or I buy them? I think its existence was more of a marketing ploy so they can advertise everywhere that the Maverick starts under $20K (while hitting it with the highest non-negotiable delivery fee I've seen yet of $1500).
The Xl is way too basic for me too. However, maybe Ford’s commercial and public service customers will like them. I have seen many similar vehicles locally. I wonder if they have ever been on the highway during the entire service cycle. I guess most XLs will eventually go out with the names and logos of various organizations.

Last edited:

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Optional fog lights. Cruise control on XL or even for small $. Bigger screen on center dash. All the safety features made available on 360 option, all models. Optional trim/seats. Optional sound system as stand alone $. Sport appearance package (whatever that might include)
Sponsored