Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I'll start by saying the Ford Integrated Tether System looks promising, but I think I will end up hating it.

Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? Screenshot_20210616-082429

On the outside you may think "Cool, I can create anything I want for that slot". That was my initial take on it, but then I started to think of what will happen if I don't occupy the slot. Immediately I imagined a coin or Lego being dropped down in there, thus rendering the slot useless unless you are lucky enough to find a way to fish out the obstruction. Then I thought if possible crumb or dust buildup that could occur, making the fit of any future accessories a bit wonky unless you blast it with compressed air.

First thing I plan to do when I get the vehicle is to build a nice removable plug for that slot.
Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

Oh come on you know they could have done this:
- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not design a little trash bin, into which you can throw these coins, Legos, and crumbs? :)

Ok, fair enough. That will be the 2nd thing I build for it. 👍

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would say my main grumble would be the lack of AWD for the hybrid, but I can live with that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say my main grumble would be the lack of AWD for the hybrid, but I can live with that.
Growls

- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow...
That is a good one too. That is actually what caused my purchasing avalanche. I live on a mountain, so AWD is personally a must for me. Once I upgraded the engine I thought it would be nice to tow more, and on and on

Last edited:

76Courier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Absolutely love the Maverick but my main grumble is the Flexbed differing between trim levels. We all need to tie things down. If I am correct XL gets 6 tie downs, XTL gets 10 tie downs and Lux package for XLT gets you the adjustable tie down bar. I don’t care about tech stuff but that’s a lot of jump ups just for proper tie downs.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grumbles:
- The lack of adaptive cruise control on the XLT trim.
- The use of a key in the XLT trim.

Growls:
- The likelihood that cost and supply chain issues gave us an 8" screen with a little shrine instead of a proper 12" screen.
- No hybrid with AWD and 4K tow.

- I wish they could have reduced the engine bay by 5", pushed the cab forward, and offered a 5' bed.
Yes to the key on XLT. I hate having to fish around for keys now. That was the reason we got a Lariat. And agree on adaptive cruise, so went with Luxury package.

Of course AWD on hybrid, but I know it’ll eventually come as they work out this new technology. Or AWD will be standard on the electric version like the Lightning and be another reason to convert to an EV.

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really wish i could have optioned push start on the XLT trim. I was excited to finally get it, then disappointed that it didn't come in the Lux package.

A 12" screen would've been nice also. Hopefully it is upgradeable for when they put it in future trucks.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
They could have, but then people would be complaining about sub-par crash results and structure. I know 5-6" may not seem like much, but when you are talking about crash, it can be the difference between 5 star and 3 star or less.

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, now I have to buy a 3D printer to build a trash can? :eek:

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a good one too. That is actually what caused my purchasing avalanche. I live on a mountain, so AWD is personally a must for me. Once I upgraded the engine I thought it would be nice to tow more, and on and on
Fortunately I won't often need AWD so I can just grab a set of dedicated snow tires for the Winter, and eventually I'll replace the stock tires with some A/T tires like the Yokohama Geolandars.

Zicua

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 F150, '69 Corvette, '08 Yukon XL, '09 Matrix
I bet Ford brings out a hybrid+AWD option in a 2-3 years. This is probably just to reduce complexity for initial production.
Sponsored