First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was ar priority 2 then removed the mudflaps. Got a vin 2 weeks later. Still can't belive they are a constaint.
I was a priority 2 since May. Came close to getting a scheduled date. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for a 23. I am now a priority 10
Sponsored

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was a priority 2 since May. Came close to getting a scheduled date. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for a 23. I am now a priority 10
Mudflaps are still like a 4 percent restraint

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Already checked. I had mudflaps on my original order. Took them off for 23 plus I have a few other constraints. Been in contact with my dealer and Ford Marketing. Everything looks good. Thanks for your input
This crap is getting ridiculous. Mudflaps being an issue is sooo lame.

alquay99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am frustrated to the point I am exploring other options than the Maverick.
My dealer is useless and so is Ford Customer Service
My 12/08/21 XLT Ecoboost had to be rolled over but ....
1. My MY23 order is stuck at priority 19 and dealer sales manager says this is the best available (thinks I am an idiot) and we took off my bedliner and Tonneau cover
2. Private offer is not assigned to my MY23 order Dealer says it is only assigned when the VIN number is generated - Again this is BS

So I called them and asked for all my options I removed to be added back on as priority 19 is gonna take 6 to 11 months and I would rather get exactly the truck I wanted with factory installed options

I get the feeling my dealer wants me to walk away from my order. I WILL NOT and I will buy something else and still take my maverick even if I have to fill it .

Ford Customer Service no longer gives you information on your priority code and dish out generalities in a futile attempt to placate order holders.

Ford can build trucks but they suck with the business of selling and communication. I understand the dealers are independent operators but I think they should move to a Tesla model and take retail orders out if the dealers hands and manage them centrally. The dealers are screwing customers and not providing a consistent and fair customer experience

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. My MY23 order is stuck at priority 19 and dealer sales manager says this is the best available (thinks I am an idiot) and we took off my bedliner and Tonneau cover
2. Private offer is not assigned to my MY23 order Dealer says it is only assigned when the VIN number is generated - Again this is BS

So I called them and asked for all my options I removed to be added back on as priority 19 is gonna take 6 to 11 months and I would rather get exactly the truck I wanted with factory installed options

I get the feeling my dealer wants me to walk away from my order. I WILL NOT and I will buy something else and still take my maverick even if I have to fill it .

Ford Customer Service no longer gives you information on your priority code and dish out generalities in a futile attempt to placate order holders.

Ford can build trucks but they suck with the business of selling and communication. I understand the dealers are independent operators but I think they should move to a Tesla model and take retail orders out if the dealers hands and manage them centrally. The dealers are screwing customers and not providing a consistent and fair customer experience
Take a look at Tech Revolution on YouTube that came out today. "Good bye to the 2023 Maverick."

Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take a look at Tech Revolution on YouTube that came out today. "Good bye to the 2023 Maverick."
For a video that was just posted hours ago, so much mis-information is appalling from a source that claims to be "in-the-know".

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For a video that was just posted hours ago, so much mis-information is appalling from a source that claims to be "in-the-know".
Blocked the channel after the first video I watched of theres

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided

Some dealers use the standard given 19 priority code for all their orders. If that's the case I believe it won't matter. It will then go by date and time stamp.

Snickers1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Callie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy equinox ltz
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone (10/20/2022 @ 1350 hrs) with a knowledgeable customer service rep. I expressed my concerns about being pushed back numerous times and wanted info on 22MY being pushed to a December production date. Whether or not what I have heard concerning MY22 with VIN and schedule being cancelled and will be rolled over into a 23MY. I was advised as of this date and time there is NO official word from Ford about that. Info from this forum (mavericktruckclub.com) and (FordAuthority.com) are just rumors. As it stands at this date and time, 22MY with a VIN and production date will be produced as a 22MY and NOT a 23MY. HOWEVER, Ford is in the process of assessing the situation and will be coming out with an official statement on any changes in production year. I was advised the ONLY place with factual information from Ford is (media.ford.com). All other sources of info is "rumor". Another reliable source of factual info can be obtained at (corporate.ford.com) which usually doesn't have as much info as the media site. I asked if the constraint situation is improving and was advised the constraints are indeed improving BUT the problem is getting the parts DELIVERED. The transportation situation is the main problem, getting the parts delivered. It was explained that truckers that have to go interstate have to pay fees and need paying loads wherever they go. In other words, can not afford to go anywhere without being loaded and if they are unable to secure a load, it kills them because of the cost of fuel. Local delivery is the preferred means for most truckers. So what you read on this site and "FordAuthority.com" take it for what it is. Concerns or clarifications can be addressed at Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375‬. Hopefully you connect with a competent agent. You will need to provide the following information: Full name, address info, order code, dealer code, VIN if you have it. Good to check the status regularly on your order. My latest email from Ford indicated my production week had been moved to Dec 5th. However, customer service indicated that date has since been moved to Dec 19. Obviously Ford is going to have to make some decisions pretty soon concerning how to handle the number of 22MY Mavericks that need to be produced with years end coming soon. So take the rumors you hear and read about with a grain of sand. Not much to go on at this time from Ford (media.ford.com). I wish I had some good news to share but I at least wanted to let everyone know about my customer service experience. If and when the price of diesel fuel lowers then transportation will become less of an issue.
Thank you for FACTS .

Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quite frankly i worked at a Chrysler truck factory on the production line. We had two rail road tracks inside the building delivering parts when the train was unloaded a new one was switched in. There was also a large truck dock which unloaded material all day long. Most deliveries are full loads not less than truck load (LTL). I later worked in production planning for a brake company that built up and delivered brakes to ford in Detroit at that time. In order to not shut the line down we would charter a plane to get the parts to Ford. I do not know what the penalties were to shut the line down was but a charter flight must have been cheaper. When I worked on the line at Chrysler it took a Manager to stop the line. The point here is in the old days a person would schedule the line based on inventory Now a computer looks at the parts availability in inventory and future deliveries to determine the schedule and make adjustments as required. Just in Time inventory is the rule today so if you have a truck scheduled and a late part could push you out of the schedule or built short and put on the repair lot to wait for the part. Building a truck is a complex process without a simple answer. I do not believe a single person at Ford can guarantee a schedule date because the computers are in charge. I drove by a out of use airport the other day and the parking lot, run ways and tarmac’s were full of parked new cars waiting for parts and I will bet Mavericks are in the same condition. Just my thoughts.

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quite frankly i worked at a Chrysler truck factory on the production line. We had two rail road tracks inside the building delivering parts when the train was unloaded a new one was switched in. There was also a large truck dock which unloaded material all day long. Most deliveries are full loads not less than truck load (LTL). I later worked in production planning for a brake company that built up and delivered brakes to ford in Detroit at that time. In order to not shut the line down we would charter a plane to get the parts to Ford. I do not know what the penalties were to shut the line down was but a charter flight must have been cheaper. When I worked on the line at Chrysler it took a Manager to stop the line. The point here is in the old days a person would schedule the line based on inventory Now a computer looks at the parts availability in inventory and future deliveries to determine the schedule and make adjustments as required. Just in Time inventory is the rule today so if you have a truck scheduled and a late part could push you out of the schedule or built short and put on the repair lot to wait for the part. Building a truck is a complex process without a simple answer. I do not believe a single person at Ford can guarantee a schedule date because the computers are in charge. I drove by a out of use airport the other day and the parking lot, run ways and tarmac’s were full of parked new cars waiting for parts and I will bet Mavericks are in the same condition. Just my thoughts.
True sign of a poorly run company. Ford is making huge mistakes without any signs of improvement. How long can a company run their business like this anyway?

This applies to not only Mavericks but also the Broncos and Lightnings I have on order.
Sponsored