MY23 Order - dealer only getting 1 allocation - refunding deposit

Jim2023XLT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT (Ordered 9/15/22)
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

Anybody else getting calls like this today?
Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

Horrible news!! Especially as the banks have now closed and you can’t go elsewhere.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided

Your order was probably the 2nd customer order after they had entered 50 orders for themselves.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I haven't received a call like that yet, but I am expecting it.

Relic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
One of my subcontractors received a call from a dealer here in the Los Angeles area informing him that the 2022 model he placed a deposit for (Hybrid) was no longer available. He was told he could get his deposit back or he could sign up for the 2023 model with a $2,000 mark up.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my subcontractors received a call from a dealer here in the Los Angeles area informing him that the 2022 model he placed a deposit for (Hybrid) was no longer available. He was told he could get his deposit back or he could sign up for the 2023 model with a $2,000 mark up.
This has happened to a lot of us. We were offered $2,750 if we ordered a 2022 hybrid and $1,750 if we ordered a 2022 ecoboost. to offset the cost increase .

I think the OP is talking about a recent 2023 model year order.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That seems fishy.
Nope. Not fishy at all. There are 3 or 4 threads on this subject that have been going on since Monday. Ford sent out the "anticipated allocation" to all dealers on Monday about 5PM and in almost every case it was roughy 10%-15% of what they expected. My dealer was also told they only had ONE (1) allocation for all of MY23. A dealer that sold 300 Mavericks last year was told they would only be given 11 this year (and showed the screenshot of the allocation system showing only 1 per month).

Now, everyone truly hopes this is wrong. Tim talked about it briefly on his pod-cast. Needless to say, both dealers and customers are freaking out. Unfortunately, even if the allocation numbers are wrong, Ford is likely to only be able to produce about 20%-30% of the number of MY23 hybrid orders that they have taken (but good news for Ecos since they will produce most of those).

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Sorry to hear this OP!

I suspect this is only the beginning. I think Ford should have communicated better with its dealers. I also think dealers should have been more realistic when taking orders. Especially those dealers who entered a disproportionate number entirely on a "hunch" that they would recieve more allocations next year than they did this year.. All that to say I wouldn't suggest anyone go cancelling their order, at this point there's nothing for you to lose. Stand firm and see what transpires from here.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. Not fishy at all. There are 3 or 4 threads on this subject that have been going on since Monday. Ford sent out the "anticipated allocation" to all dealers on Monday about 5PM and in almost every case it was roughy 10%-15% of what they expected. My dealer was also told they only had ONE (1) allocation for all of MY23. A dealer that sold 300 Mavericks last year was told they would only be given 11 this year (and showed the screenshot of the allocation system showing only 1 per month).

Now, everyone truly hopes this is wrong. Tim talked about it briefly on his pod-cast. Needless to say, both dealers and customers are freaking out. Unfortunately, even if the allocation numbers are wrong, Ford is likely to only be able to produce about 20%-30% of the number of MY23 hybrid orders that they have taken (but good news for Ecos since they will produce most of those).
Right, but most of those dealers also said to hang on and they will get back with them. The fact this dealer pulled the trigger so quickly on the refunds is odd. Especially since most of the dealers assumed the data was bad.

Call sign "Slick"

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If one recieved a conformation from Ford, they should call Ford direct. This is the type of stunt I believe dealers do to siphon cars off for themselves. Verify this story thru the Ford customer support department. Just my opine!
Sponsored