First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's kinda the point. Why would they pull the trigger so quickly? My dealer will refund the deposit if I don't get it in six months, but they will still keep the order active. We are just missing some facts, either from Ford or this dealer. Either they are going out of their way to be shady or they will have new management soon.
Good question. My local dealer has had my deposit on my January 2022 order for over eight months and never offered a refund. For most of that time it didn't look like the truck would ever get selected. Then it went from Priority 19 - Priority 2 - VIN/Production Week of 11/7 - Production Week of 9/23 - In production on 9/14 in the space of two weeks. If they were going to offer a refund because it didn't look like it was ever going to get scheduled one would think they would have done so long before.

Of course, all dealers are different. This particular dealer never contacted me about removing constraints (CP360, Lux Package). In fact, I have never heard anything from them at all since January. I'm half expecting them to try and sell the truck out from under me. Once it actually gets shipped I will make contact with them proactively to try and keep that from happening.
Sponsored

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Allocations aside, my expectations are low that I’ll take delivery of a 2023 Maverick.

I ordered a XLT hybrid with multiple constrained items. Expecting call next Spring that the truck will not be built and interest free loan to the dealer aka deposit refunded back to my card.

I’ll be disappointed but my daughter and son-in-law even more when they won’t be “buying” a late model low mileage Toyota SUV from Dad’s Used Cars.

Swimstaffswim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

Anybody else getting calls like this today?
Definitely would tell them that you want to leave the order alone for a while because it just doesn't make any sense.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to get some information from my dealer regarding their allocation but so far they have not been responsive. Also when i asked about COVP they reacted as if I wanted to see behind the curtain in Oz.

InfoSports

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius, 2024 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got a call from my dealer this morning asking me to switch my order from a XL hybrid to a EB. Gave me the impression although he didn't say it directly that my hybrid order might not get filled. I told him I did not want to make a change. I certainly hope the order will fill.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. Not fishy at all. There are 3 or 4 threads on this subject that have been going on since Monday. Ford sent out the "anticipated allocation" to all dealers on Monday about 5PM and in almost every case it was roughy 10%-15% of what they expected. My dealer was also told they only had ONE (1) allocation for all of MY23. A dealer that sold 300 Mavericks last year was told they would only be given 11 this year (and showed the screenshot of the allocation system showing only 1 per month).

Now, everyone truly hopes this is wrong. Tim talked about it briefly on his pod-cast. Needless to say, both dealers and customers are freaking out. Unfortunately, even if the allocation numbers are wrong, Ford is likely to only be able to produce about 20%-30% of the number of MY23 hybrid orders that they have taken (but good news for Ecos since they will produce most of those).
Yes it is fishy because Tim @fordvideoguy has stated in his latest Live Stream that these allocations numbers are either for Stock Orders not Retail Orders or just plain wrong.

For a dealer to cancel retail orders without verifying with Ford what these allocations are for is just plain stupid.

Talk about screwing over their customers.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got a call from my dealer this morning asking me to switch my order from a XL hybrid to a EB.
In theory this is not possible. The memo about the order banks closing said it would not be possible to change the PEP or body codes after ordering closed (which happened earlier this week). Switching to or from Hybrid should not be an option in the system.

Now in reality.....who knows. Many have floated the idea that Ford would allow a one-way change from Hybrid to EcoBoost. But I haven't seen anyone post a Ford Memo saying this is an option. Don't think I have seen anyone post that they were able to do it either.

Yet......

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

If all this is true, I see Ford holding a lottery to see who will get a Mav built. Ford created a nightmare in building a decent little truck that cannot be built in the numbers consumers demand. Sounds good, but there will be down stream negative impacts such as lost forever customers.

Sponsored

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear this OP!

I suspect this is only the beginning. I think Ford should have communicated better with its dealers. I also think dealers should have been more realistic when taking orders. Especially those dealers who entered a disproportionate number entirely on a "hunch" that they would recieve more allocations next year than they did this year.. All that to say I wouldn't suggest anyone go cancelling their order, at this point there's nothing for you to lose. Stand firm and see what transpires from here.
The way things look, you will not have to cancel your order, Ford will do that for you.

Buckeyeguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Is your dealer feeding you a line of crap?

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
In theory this is not possible. The memo about the order banks closing said it would not be possible to change the PEP or body codes after ordering closed (which happened earlier this week). Switching to or from Hybrid should not be an option in the system.

Now in reality.....who knows. Many have floated the idea that Ford would allow a one-way change from Hybrid to EcoBoost. But I haven't seen anyone post a Ford Memo saying this is an option. Don't think I have seen anyone post that they were able to do it either.

Yet......
Is it a different pep body or body code changing from Hybrid to EB FWD ?

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yet......
Long McArthur changed my hybrid Lariat order (placed 9/18) to an EB XLT Tremor yesterday at my request. At that time the order banks for hybrids were closed and the order banks for EBs were open. I don't know if that was the reason it was allowed or not. Had it not taken that way I would have just placed a second order for an EB Tremor and then canceled the first order since that would have still been an option while EB order banks were open.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost