First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer has plenty of allocations. I'm just not getting scheduled because of the low volume of the dealership. Ford's reward system is geared toward the dealership (their historic true customer) - larger, high volume dealerships get build priority as well as more allocations.
This is the first time I have ever heard that. Is the source of that information your dealer?

Laricat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many of us understand constraints. I think the biggest issue is lack of communication. It's also a bit disheartening to identical orders from months after yours get scheduled. The allocation system sucks when it comes to ordered vehicles.

FYI... I'm a production planner for a company that makes EO imaging systems. I rings on back order forever... Oh you want a holochrome bolt... 7 months. I get it
This exactly. Ford needs to be conveying more info beyond "you'll hear from us when you're scheduled." I think we all went into this expecting a longer timeframe given the pandemic and constraints but I doubt any of us expected to be waiting this long. I'm sure Ford didn't expect that either but that's all the more reason to realign expectations when circumstances continue to change. Messaging from 5 months ago when I ordered isn't nearly as relevant today. (And it's even less relevant for you June/July/August orders!)

I don't think most of us are expecting weekly updates or anything like that but important updates like major parts constraints (and the suggestion to update our packages), indicating that not all MY22 orders will be MY22 builds (and I'm likely to be in that bucket) or major disruptions that affect Maverick builds in general. I shouldn't have to come to an online forum or hear from an Internet Sales Manager in another state (totally not knocking @fordvideoguy - you're amazing and probably the only reason why a lot of us know as much as we do about this process and current circumstances) to find that information out.

If Ford is expecting dealers to communicate any of this, that's clearly not working. I know more way information than my dealer and I'm sure several of us are experiencing the same. Never mind dealers that may be intentionally withholding information as well. Ford leaving their brand reputation and ultimately consumer perspectives to their brand solely in the hands of their dealers does not seem wise, especially in today's world.

edcrawfordlv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I 100% agree on the "Some communication from Ford would be great" comment. I've learned in my life (I'm 56) that a little communication goes a long way. Be honest with folks, and we can put up with a lot and be very understanding and patient.

You know, Ford could pay some intern minimum wage and have him update a website page with what's going on periodically. After 9-10 months of patience, I think we deserve more communication.

Glad I don't work for the Ford Maverick division. Can you imagine all the pressure on those folks, and then meeting after meeting they get disappointed with "parts shortage", "parts delays", "shipping problems", and "labor issues" problems and realize that's going to piss off people waiting for their trucks. Maybe some don't care, but I'm sure most do.
I'm super patient with all of this. I knew it was going to be a slog going into it and don't have much sympathy for those that are impatient with the process. But I don't understand the lack of Ford Communication. It is an awesome marketing opportunity, you have customers that pre-ordered your car. Send them a brand message every week or two that is relevant with what is going on. Build a relationship. How many times do you get to communicate with your customer and know that the customer might actually read the message.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect the emails received today are almost treated like a cleanup week. They're squeezing in more 4/25 builds. Hopefully tomorrow several of you get builds for 5/2.
Looks like he basically nailed it . . . Good call.

Sponsored

Laricat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No email (I'm guessing no big splash this week?) but I called the Ford Marketing line today. I talked to Kim who was much more helpful than the Customer Service chat.

She verified the email they have on record for me along with confirming I don't have a VIN yet. She was perfectly pleasant, apologetic about my the time waiting for my order, and apologetic that she couldn't tell me more about my timeframe. She did go over the list of constraints, which aligned with what @fordvideoguy communicated a couple of weeks back. She offered the Ford merch gift card with no prodding.

Obviously I would have loved to hear something more tangible on scheduling but she was friendly, genuine, and a pleasure to interact with. @Ford Motor Company - please hire more people like Kim.

Jason1114

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
⏰ 12:37 PM CST 3/17/2022
📅 4/25/2022
🛻 Lariat Luxury, FX4, 4K, All weather floor mats and full size spare
📍 Alabama
🗓 10/28/2021
🕺 Woody Anderson Ford

1B675613-85D9-488D-B95E-B8A3B5F598A6.jpeg
You give me hope, I ordered from Lynn Layton 2 weeks after you ordered from Woody Anderson maybe my day is coming soon I should’ve ordered mine from Woody

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just called, got the $100 egift card!
They gave me an e-card 3 weeks ago but I can't use it. I can't checkout. But it was nice thought from Ford marketing...

T Man

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion SE, 1982Peugeot 505s Turbo Diesel
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got this at 8:55 Central time. Feeling good about next week!

T Man

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion SE, 1982Peugeot 505s Turbo Diesel
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't attach to the above post . Might be a good sign that I heard something!

Ford Maverick 📬  3/17 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOW ARRIVING!] Screenshot_20220318-212247

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"The hybrid drivetrain and Lux packages are in very short supply." - Ford

[Ford then proceeds to schedule January 2022 order with Lux package]
An Ecoboost engine is $1085, the XLT Lux is $2500 while the Lariat Lux is $3750. Add the finance rates and bean counters can report to share holders that thousands of extra dollars per sale are being generated. The price per share peaked ($25.87) with the Lightening news and dipped to $19.54 when Maverick orders were cutoff in January.

The $19,999 marketing number for a hybrid XL sells units, but the profit margin isn't as impressive as the numbers listed above. I will be disappointed, but not surprised to see another slew of Ecoboots scheduled for the rest of the month. If 26 (or more) suppliers can't keep up with Ford's demands at Claycomo's F-150 production schedule than who am I to think commodities for hybrid mavericks will show up just-in-time to keep up with the projected 50-50 ration let alone the original 40-60 hybrid/Ecoboost engine configurations.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Screenshot_20220318-212247.jpg
Got a similar email as yours for my Lariat. Above the start of the picture shows that I'm at step 1 Order confirmed with Step 2, scheduled for Production, 3 Built and 4 Shipped.

SayCheessee

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV

Got the same email tonight.
Serves me right for emailing them and telling them to communicate better and be more transparent.

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They gave me an e-card 3 weeks ago but I can't use it. I can't checkout. But it was nice thought from Ford marketing...
Did you get the same error I am getting - "Insufficient balance"? Yet when I go to the link to check the balance is says amount available is $100.00.

Update: Just tried it again last night and my order went through. Don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I emailed them Thursday ([email protected]) and sent them a screenshot of the error I was getting. Maybe they fixed something with my gift card #, no idea as I never got a response from my email.

MDR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
MDR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Got the same 3 19 on our hybrid order my thinking is maybe not good news ordered 10 23 lariat lux package hope we don't get rolled to a 23 but do hope all these early orders get filled know people r getting tired of waiting when they ordered their truck they need it I don't think ford normally sends out this can of communication maybe I am wrong
Sponsored