First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received my email yesterday. I wasn’t expecting it and didn’t notice it until this morning.

Lariat Luxury, FX4, 4K, Shadow Black
4/25 build date, right?

Epikal01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's be real honest here.
After waiting for more than 7 months and hearing every excuse in the book from Johnny and the VideoGuy what's clear is that Ford is managed and staffed by people who are only good at bad decisions. You don't have to be a genius to see that no qualified professional could make so many simple mistakes.
Operating a just in time supply chain requires well educated, experienced individuals, not the most convoluted scheduling system ever created. Playing this waiting game just isn't fun and for those who ordered in June and July it's simply cruel.
All we want to know is when we'll get our trucks.

Give us a date and we can make reasonable plans.
I have an August 18 confirmed date and expect delivery August 2022.
No more creative excuses, just give us a realistic delivery date.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not to put another speculation into the thread, but I have to wonder if the Ford chip maker in Japan that had to shut down after the earthquake is why we haven't received any 5/2 scheduled builds? If the factory was the one that supplies important Maverick chips (and I do not know whether they are or not), I can see that affecting the chips Ford expects to receive in April/May.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to put another speculation into the thread, but I have to wonder if the Ford chip maker in Japan that had to shut down after the earthquake is why we haven't received any 5/2 scheduled builds? If the factory was the one that supplies important Maverick chips (and I do not know whether they are or not), I can see that affecting the chips Ford expects to receive in April/May.
If this is the case, and I am NOT saying it is, it is an example of the type of supply constraint that could be communicated by FORD.

Sponsored

Gunny Buck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD Fx4 Luxury
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received my email yesterday. I wasn’t expecting it and didn’t notice it until this morning.

Lariat Luxury, FX4, 4K, Shadow Black
Another Lariat Lux AWD. Lucky us.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hope is by May Ford would have finished scheduling eco boosts as seeing more later October builds and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out hybrids are more constraint then the chips.

@fordvideoguy can you comment on the below comment.
Yes Eco got a head start but this is the fourth month of building hybrids so even thou they should have been able to build supplies for hybrid specific components while waiting for the EPA approval, hybrid components has to be the #1 constraint for them.

Last edited:

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your post is a reasonable assumption base on current news and common sense. I posted this yesterday so for those that didn't see it, this "could" be the case for delayed scheduling. It is possible scheduling will carry over to today -- we'll see.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may
be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other
issues.

Sponsored

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First of all as probably all of your figured out by now there is no way in God's green earth that Ford is going to be able to produce all of the 22 Mavericks even with several months of production to go.

Ford started out that they wanted to build 6,000 units a month now it's down to 5400 units a month I wonder what the next drop will be 4500 also with them being down a week in the month of March I'm interested to see what the final March numbers are? Bet they're nowhere near 5400.😲😭🤔❔

Doty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Acura TL Type S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if fleet orders are dominating scheduling right now. Those emails probably wouldn't get posted to forums/social media.

BobbyM

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Makes me wonder how people who ordered right before cutoff on 01/26 have already got their truck built. Several have posted their timeline in FB post showing their trucks are built and ready to be shipped. That's fast.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First of all as probably all of your figured out by now there is no way in God's green earth that Ford is going to be able to produce all of the 22 Mavericks even with several months of production to go.

Ford started out that they wanted to build 6,000 units a month now it's down to 5400 units a month I wonder what the next drop will be 4500 also with them being down a week in the month of March I'm interested to see what the final March numbers are? Bet they're nowhere near 5400.😲😭🤔❔
They didn't post Feb production numbers (whereas in previous months they had), so in all likelihood we won't know what March production numbers were. It'll be interesting to see the March sales numbers, as those will give more insight into how many are being delivered relative to Jan & Feb.

That combined with which direction the allocation trend goes for April will at least give us an idea. Until then, we wait.

However, I still expect a full set of build emails to go out for the previously announced 5/2 production week, as all the ones posted so far seem to instead be cleanup type stuff being put into a previously-allocated-for week of 4/25.

Maggot Toe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I've been working in engineering over 20 years, I don't think some of you realize how broken the supply chain is right now. I'm meaning I just got quoted a 10 month lead time on an item that is in stock in the dozens of every county for ever. A diesel generator that is usually 12 week lead time has been on order for 8 months and they quote 18 months till delivery and that's just a wild guess. I can't think of a single item that is less than 3X the lead time it was 2 years ago. Pricing goes up multiple times per year instead of once or twice.

That Ford is even able to produce so many vehicles of a much more complex item than I deal with is amazing.

My 3/14 production date got delayed to 3/28 and I have no clue if that is really going to happen.
Sponsored