Sponsored

Aus10

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
In an earlier post I indicated that if the upper and lower spring perches are the same as on the AWD (in my opinion) it "should" work. Or even if the upper and lower spring perches had to be purchased, it "should" work. The spring kits are not super expensive and if you do it yourself it might be worth the risk. For sure the fronts will work.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the info! I pulled up that part number you listed, it says its for a Ford Kuga.. lol is that correct? I want to get the bad boys on order asap 😎

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info! I pulled up that part number you listed, it says its for a Ford Kuga.. lol is that correct? I want to get the bad boys on order asap 😎
I think that's the name of the Escape in Europe. LINK to the Tire Rack product page.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably could have just bought the escape/bronco sport spring isolators for the left hand wound spring.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably could have just bought the escape/bronco sport spring isolators for the left hand wound spring.
Top ones are universal so no problems there. Bottom ones have a locating pin that would put the starting point of the spring winding off unless you drill a new locating hole or cut off the pin. I may still order one.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thank you for giving these a shot. I'm very interested in doing the same but I think I'll wait until H&R releases Maverick specific springs.

Considering you got quite a bit more drop than the H&R advertised 1.4", I'd keep an eye on the front struts and definitely the rear shocks. They may go fairly quickly with that much of a drop on them, especially if you tow often. Helper bags out back may add some lifetime to the rear shocks of course.

When the time comes to replace struts/shocks, you may want to use the Escape struts and shocks since the H&R springs were designed with those components initially. I'd imagine they're shorter and would explain why you got more drop. Something to consider at least.

Love the new look though, exactly the stance I'd like for mine.
-Dave

Last edited:

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
XL Xtra Low. You hit a home run with this one, the color, stance, wheels etc

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Top ones are universal so no problems there. Bottom ones have a locating pin that would put the starting point of the spring winding off unless you drill a new locating hole or cut off the pin. I may still order one.
The escapes/bronco sports don't have right and left hand wound springs, just left hand wound. It theoretically would be a direct replacement with no altercations needed. The pin location should be the same to orient the springs in the proper direction. Still not sure why Ford thought this was necessary on the Maverick and not on any of the other platforms.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's about how low I want to drop mine. And you did this with an AWD truck? Mine is also an AWD. Good to know the Escape AWD springs will fit. I plan on running 18x8.5s on it. Want a little more tire sidewall. Roads here suck.

Sponsored

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
wow this turned out great! What wheels are they? Do they stick out past the fender and hane you had any problems with rubbing since you lowered it? Also can you post some more pics?

hitchhike79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Maverick XLT Cactus Grey
Did you ever mock it up with the stock wheels? Im curious what that would look like, im sure not as clean as those 20's though.

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ever mock it up with the stock wheels? Im curious what that would look like, im sure not as clean as those 20's though.
No, I took the stock wheels off at 38 miles and then sold them as spares except for one I put under the back. This is the closest I came to stock wheels and lowered ;)

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics mav18 (2)

Chico Maverick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lariat hybrid
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.
Curious, maybe I missed something. But if the stock wheel is 7in. wide with an ET of 37, how did you fit an 8.5 wide wheel with a higher ET? Truck looks great btw.
Sponsored