David D

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford maverick xlt
Trim
XLT
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.
I finished the lowering of my truck and I think it worked out great only thing is that no one has the software to do a front end alignment , even Ford so I thought I would put that out there . Thanks for all your inspiration though because Im happy the way mine turned out .

Mavericksport

Lariat
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Trim
Lariat
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.
Which was easier installation the front or the back springs??

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

XL
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Trim
XL
By far the back is easier. The stock front springs require spring compressors to remove them from the struts.

Mavericksport

Lariat
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Trim
Lariat
By far the back is easier. The stock front springs require spring compressors to remove them from the struts.
Thanks for that. When my truck finally arrives, I'm going to try it myself. I just need to figure out what I can add for spacers in back like yours. Also your truck looks great.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Trim
Lariat
Does anyone know the spring rate of both the factory rear spring and the escape lowering spring. Was wondering how much these would affect payload vs waiting for dedicated maverick springs.

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

XL
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Trim
XL
Thanks for that. When my truck finally arrives, I'm going to try it myself. I just need to figure out what I can add for spacers in back like yours. Also your truck looks great.
JJC has made some routed spacers. Mine are crude and not nicely finished but they are made from the same material. High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) I used 2 different hole saws.

JJC said:
I never posted any pics here of the updated spacers I used, so here's a couple. CNC'd HDPE. They go in between the upper insulator and body to add just a bit of height to the rear.

If anyone needs rear shims/spacers just let me know. I can get them in either 1/4" or 3/8" material. Due to the suspension geometry, the actual lift will vary from the actual material thickness. The 3/8" I used got me almost 1/2" of lift.

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8021.jpg

If you have a spare cutting board, you could just use that as well. That's what got me by until I had these made

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

XL
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Trim
XL
Does anyone know the spring rate of both the factory rear spring and the escape lowering spring. Was wondering how much these would affect payload vs waiting for dedicated maverick springs.
I don't know what the spring rates are but they seem plenty stiff enough for regular loads. I added Air Lift bags to the rear springs Link and put the schrader valve in the driver side cubby. I keep a mini bicycle pump under the back seat. It only takes a couple of pumps to get it to 20 or 30 psi.

Mavericksport

Lariat
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Trim
Lariat
JJC has made some routed spacers. Mine are crude and not nicely finished but they are made from the same material. High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) I used 2 different hole saws.

JJC said:
I never posted any pics here of the updated spacers I used, so here's a couple. CNC'd HDPE. They go in between the upper insulator and body to add just a bit of height to the rear.

If anyone needs rear shims/spacers just let me know. I can get them in either 1/4" or 3/8" material. Due to the suspension geometry, the actual lift will vary from the actual material thickness. The 3/8" I used got me almost 1/2" of lift.

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8021.jpg

If you have a spare cutting board, you could just use that as well. That's what got me by until I had these made
How much $? I can't open the pictures? Thanks

Mavericksport

Lariat
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Trim
Lariat

JJC said:

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8021.jpg

Were can I buy, and were did you buy the springs from? How much $ thanks

Barracuda340

XLT
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Trim
XLT
A drunk driver whacked JJCs truck a few days ago. Not sure if its totalled.