First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Edge uses 5x108 bolt pattern, 63.44 mm center bore which matches up to the maverick, bronco sport and Escape.
i stand corrected, i thought just focus/fusion/escape/bronco sport were compatible with maverick, as i thought edge was different = my bad, however i do like them
Sponsored

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah can you post the part numbers of all the items used to do this. I just sent my paperwork in to order my CG XLT maverick and I plan on using my existing wheels on my Edge ST for my maverick. 20x8.5 40 offset TSW Ascents seen in the picture I attached. And this lowering would just make it look perfect with my wheels.

Also did you have to, or elect to get the alignment redone?

Oh and more pics please, in the daylight!

IMG_20200313_113723.jpg
Those wheels are the wrong bolt pattern for the maverick. Ford edge has a different bolt pattern.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished installing some Escape lowering springs. They lowered about 2 and 2.5. I'll get some daytime pics this weekend. BTW the Escape 14mm camber bolts are also a go.

Update w/ more info and Q&A:

Part description and #:
Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD. Part # 28633-1

The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.

I took my stock steel wheels off at 38 miles and sold 3 as spares to members here, so I don't know what stock ride is like. The small amount of extra firmness is relative to the springs only. It's not annoying, but in hyper check out mode I noticed it.

Not on the bottom of the spring, on the top. The bottom (plastic & rubber) perch has a pin to prevent rotation around the raised metal part of the spring perch. The top metal perch is a bit longer than an inch and only has a rubber isolator. I had an old nylon cutting board I cut using the rubber isolator as a pattern and snapped it over the bulge on the upper metal spring perch. The stock springs are wound in opposite directions. The H&R springs are wound in the same direction. The upper isolators are symmetrical. So the drivers side went right in and the top of the passenger side, but I had to modify the passenger rubber isolator. I used a small grinding bit in a drill to remove a hump and shape the isolator for a spring wound opposite. I could have just bought a driver side lower perch but the pin would have been in the wrong place.
frame
nylon spacer
rubber isolator
spring
rubber isolator
plastic perch
lower control arm

Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD 28633-1

Yes, I had it all together and drove it a couple of miles and decided to come up with a plan to make the rear just slightly higher. The track width of the front and rear of the maverick are different and the rear looks lower when it's exactly the same height.

I usually do my own alignment. The lowering didn't really affect anything, but I didn't measure it before I started adjusting. I set the front camber -1, rear camber -.8, rear toe 1/8" in, front toe 1/8" out and left the caster alone. I will drive it a while and see how I like it. Make any adjustments. Then take it to a shop and have it confirmed and equal it out if there are any differences side to side.

3m flat black vinyl

I just used photo editor to lighten the picture because "puts black wheels on and takes picture at night"
I'll get some daytime pictures.

20220114_184745 (3).jpg

20220114_184806 (3).jpg
It looks great! 👌 If only our road here in the city is smooth. Always makes the alignment on my Mustang’s Coilovers out of wack

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 R.I.P.
@Canyon Racer are you forwarding your install notes/review to H&R or any other vendors? Seems like you knocked out the R&D for the perfect AWD lowered look.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those wheels are the wrong bolt pattern for the maverick. Ford edge has a different bolt pattern.
Looks like you missed my previous post, my edge is 5x108 with 63.44mm center bore, which is the same as an Escape/BroncoSport/Maverick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, I got some quick pics. Spring pics are on passenger side.
My Maverick is AWD 4K XL 360.
What "I think" I know about the AWD springs. Installing springs the way I did, the 28633-1 will be the lowest, then the 28633-2 will be a little less low, then the stock Escape springs will probably be very little lower. My lowering was a risky experiment that happened to work out and I'm thrilled it did. I've always been a do-it-yourselfer. If the top spring mount in the rear is the same on the 2WD and the lower plastic and rubber perch is the same, I don't see any reason the same springs would not work.
The fronts are probably as low as one can go with the stock struts. There is very little preload on the H&R springs with stock struts.
I'm happy to answer any questions.
Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124337

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124322

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124419 (2)

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124427 (2)

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124404 (2)

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124436 (2)

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics 20220115_124510

Last edited by a moderator:

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Just finished installing some Escape lowering springs. They lowered about 2 and 2.5. I'll get some daytime pics this weekend. BTW the Escape 14mm camber bolts are also a go.

Update w/ more info and Q&A:

Part description and #:
Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD. Part # 28633-1

The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.

I took my stock steel wheels off at 38 miles and sold 3 as spares to members here, so I don't know what stock ride is like. The small amount of extra firmness is relative to the springs only. It's not annoying, but in hyper check out mode I noticed it.

Not on the bottom of the spring, on the top. The bottom (plastic & rubber) perch has a pin to prevent rotation around the raised metal part of the spring perch. The top metal perch is a bit longer than an inch and only has a rubber isolator. I had an old nylon cutting board I cut using the rubber isolator as a pattern and snapped it over the bulge on the upper metal spring perch. The stock springs are wound in opposite directions. The H&R springs are wound in the same direction. The upper isolators are symmetrical. So the drivers side went right in and the top of the passenger side, but I had to modify the passenger rubber isolator. I used a small grinding bit in a drill to remove a hump and shape the isolator for a spring wound opposite. I could have just bought a driver side lower perch but the pin would have been in the wrong place.
frame
nylon spacer
rubber isolator
spring
rubber isolator
plastic perch
lower control arm

Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD 28633-1

Yes, I had it all together and drove it a couple of miles and decided to come up with a plan to make the rear just slightly higher. The track width of the front and rear of the maverick are different and the rear looks lower when it's exactly the same height.

I usually do my own alignment. The lowering didn't really affect anything, but I didn't measure it before I started adjusting. I set the front camber -1, rear camber -.8, rear toe 1/8" in, front toe 1/8" out and left the caster alone. I will drive it a while and see how I like it. Make any adjustments. Then take it to a shop and have it confirmed and equal it out if there are any differences side to side.

3m flat black vinyl

I just used photo editor to lighten the picture because "puts black wheels on and takes picture at night"
I'll get some daytime pictures.

20220114_184745 (3).jpg

20220114_184806 (3).jpg

20220115_124337-jpg.jpg

20220115_124322-jpg.jpg

20220115_124419-2-jpg.jpg

20220115_124427-2-jpg.jpg

20220115_124404-2-jpg.jpg

20220115_124436-2-jpg.jpg

20220115_124510-jpg.jpg

Yes, 2.5" Flowmaster 44 with black tip through a 4" fender exit bezel. It's not loud at all but I can tell it's running now.

20220115_124236.jpg

20220115_124304.jpg
Ooh, that looks super cool! I dig that setup!

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
I don't think the window is photoshopped... the shadow almost makes the sliding window disappear since it is so dark.
yea, once zoomed you can see a slight outline of the small window edge.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would these spring work with the FWD Maverick?
In an earlier post I indicated that if the upper and lower spring perches are the same as on the AWD (in my opinion) it "should" work. Or even if the upper and lower spring perches had to be purchased, it "should" work. The spring kits are not super expensive and if you do it yourself it might be worth the risk. For sure the fronts will work.
Hope this helps

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! While I imagine the handling is going to rock, I'm a little concerned with tire life with that much negative camber. Is it just the picture, or has an alignment shop measured that yet?

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a little concerned with tire life with that much negative camber. Is it just the picture, or has an alignment shop measured that yet?
I did this alignment in the garage after the install. I usually refine the alignment as I prefer sporty turn in and some ability to induce oversteer, then once I like it I'll take it to a shop and have them measure it on a machine and equalize side to side and make some minor adjustments. Now (manual method) it's supposed to be -1 degree. The photo does look like about 1.4 so it could be a bit much.
Sponsored