First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From forum posts I see some folks just want an inexpensive pickup, but what other motivators are there?
I'm probably not the target market, but here are my reasons:
Retired and really don't need two vehicles any longer.
Our 2000 Subaru Legacy wagon still runs good after 263k miles but the wife is tired of it.
Our 2017 Subaru Impreza hatch only has 33k miles, but if we only had this car I'd have no room to haul project materials like I do in the old Legacy.
We tried the minivan route a few years ago and the wife hated it and wouldn't drive it. We both prefer smaller vehicles.
Based on Bronco Sport passenger compartment dimensions, the estimated Maverick interior dimensions should be spot on for us.
My wife loved my son's used Ranger back in the 90s.
The Maverick should be able to haul 4x8 sheet materials with a little creativity.
My sons both have Ford pickups and I feel left out!
Sponsored

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kind of thought, separate from features and options, why folks were interested in this particular vehicle.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I'm ready for a vehicle that's gonna be high off the ground, I already had a small SUV before I want a new experience, bronco is too expensive (otherwise it's be that), no interest in anything FCA, like regular pick ups but never considered one because if how big/expensive, also all SUV's are starting to look the same to me.

If the maverick doesn't please I have no idea what will

Sponsored

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aside from price, my main motivating factor behind the Maverick is her size, and simplicity (hopefully). For example: I like the torsion beam rear suspension on the Maverick, and I much prefer the Maverick's construction over the Ridgeline.

And as much as this is an individual thing, I think that while technology is great, much of what's in vehicles today is both distracting and gimmickry (to me); hopefully the Maverick's low starting price will trend it towards something a little simpler.

Finally, Maverick's size: many trucks have grown to be too big for their segment. Up until the Maverick, I was thinking of succumbing and getting a full sized Ram 1500 Classic short bed. The midsized craze doesn't work for me, and if I am going for a large midsized truck, I might as well get full size. Now that the Maverick is out, I can finally get the sized vehicle I wanted in the first place.

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The combination of AWD, size, and price. 4wd is not really ideal for winter driving and adds $5k to the price. It doesn't check every box for me (don't want crew cab) but it's probably the closest we'll see anytime soon.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Price, price, price. I refuse to pay more than 25-26k OTD.

If the Maverick trim I want starts in the 25k range, I’ll buy a Colorado for a couple grand more. The trade off at that point for me doesn’t really make sense when it comes to the price.

Secondarily, I have a growing family so I do need the crew cab. Based on the dimensions of the Bronco Sport the Maverick should have a bit more second row room than most mid sizers. I mentioned the Colorado above and the reason for that over the others is it has a bit more second seat room than others in the segment. I’d love to get a Tacoma, but I sat in the back of one recently and couldn’t believe how small it is.

Lastly, I think I fit in their segment of someone who won’t be towing a ton, and will use the bed to pick up a few honey do list items every now and then and the occasional piece of furniture.

All I need is a starting price for the lowest/mid trim and interior dimensions and I’m in! Even bought my Mustang Club of America membership to qualify for X-Plan pricing.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
WHAT? That's all it takes to get X-plan pricing? So I did a quick search and it looks like the only requirement is you must wait 90 days. Actual Mustang ownership isn't required. Spend $35 to save thousands? Almost too good to be true!

bought my Mustang Club of America membership to qualify for X-Plan

Reactions: Doc

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
WHAT? That's all it takes to get X-plan pricing? So I did a quick search and it looks like the only requirement is you must wait 90 days. Actual Mustang ownership isn't required. Spend $35 to save thousands? Almost too good to be true!
Bingo! I saw it on another forum and jumped on it.

Sponsored

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really what I want is a reasonably efficient small van that has gotten the "Outback" treatment to improve its performance on rocky or sandy dirt roads. Since no one seems to be building one, the Maverick seems like it might be the best compromise. I don't necessarily NEED a truck bed, but most mid-sized and smaller SUVs have relatively small rear cargo areas that are compromised by excessive sculpting or having a third row of seats that is difficult remove. If the Maverick offers efficient space and two comfortable rows along with reasonable efficiency, that is a likely fit for me.

With the truck form, I will enjoy being able to toss my mountain bike over the tailgate for day to day stuff rather than having to put on a rack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My first truck was an S10, and I currently have an S10 and blazer. I just love the size of it. I'm ready to have a modern mini truck, and the time is nearly here for an upgrade.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Sonata
Engine
Undecided
From forum posts I see some folks just want an inexpensive pickup, but what other motivators are there?
I'm probably not the target market, but here are my reasons:
Retired and really don't need two vehicles any longer.
Our 2000 Subaru Legacy wagon still runs good after 263k miles but the wife is tired of it.
Our 2017 Subaru Impreza hatch only has 33k miles, but if we only had this car I'd have no room to haul project materials like I do in the old Legacy.
We tried the minivan route a few years ago and the wife hated it and wouldn't drive it. We both prefer smaller vehicles.
Based on Bronco Sport passenger compartment dimensions, the estimated Maverick interior dimensions should be spot on for us.
My wife loved my son's used Ranger back in the 90s.
The Maverick should be able to haul 4x8 sheet materials with a little creativity.
My sons both have Ford pickups and I feel left out!
I'm intrigued for many of the same reasons that others are stating. After many years of being a two truck family, for a few years, we ended up being a NO truck family. I had zero interest in a full-size truck - way too big for my current needs. Thought the Ranger would be a perfect fit, so pre-ordered as soon as they were available. I've had it for a couple of years now, and while I'm very good with it, it's still a bit larger than I'd like. I won't be in the market for a replacement for at least a couple of years, but I will definitely be following the Maverick debut.