Sponsored

Why do you want a Maverick?

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
if this thing takes off like I suspect it will, it should bring really good used market and trade in values. No need to throw it away.
It was a joke about throwing it away. I wouldn’t do that. I’m basically trying to state how much better a value it is to me vs a lightning.
Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm an old guy and have always loved mid-sized trucks (I bought one of the very first Ridgelines made back in 2005). I have also had a couple old Dodge Dakotas. I really enjoyed those vehicles. Now that money is not an issue in my life I have been driving Mercedes vehicles. In fact, I received verification today that my new CLS has been built and is waiting at a European port to be put on a boat for the trip to the US. As much as I like these sportier, high power cars, I don't find them very practical, especially as I get older. I currently own a CLS 550 and that twin turbo V8 is a real monster but I can't even put two suitcases in the trunk. And only four total passengers.

So, for my big nights out on the town and sporty driving around the country roads and byways, I have the Mercedes but I want something to bang around in and put a group together with golf bags for a golf outing, that sort of thing. I can't do that with the Mercedes but I can with a Maverick that costs a third as much. That is why I want it and will order the Lariat version.

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"thousands" Really? Please elaborate. Like you said "to good to be true"... Dont think im questioning you its the system i dont trust. In my experience when people say thousands it turns out to be 500.... not bad but not 1000s
From what I've seen on this forum, xplan is invoice minus 0.04%. On my sample build approx. $25,600 MSRP, xplan saves me $667. Not thousands but I'll take it.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've seen on this forum, xplan is invoice minus 0.04%. On my sample build approx. $25,600 MSRP, xplan saves me $667. Not thousands but I'll take it.
Similar for my order in terms of savings,but I'll gladly take that over haggling and a dealer trying to throw in ADMs.

zeaken

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster
My reason for wanting the maverick are probably one of the strangest.

Right now I am lucky enough to daily a Boxster. I love every moment but I have accepted I should have something more practical in my life. I will never love driving a practical vehicle outside of the most extreme examples (stelvio qv, Urus, etc) so I have relegated myself to getting a low overhead vehicle for when the Porsche doesnt make sense. The maverick is the perfect solution to this. It's cheap enough to be worth buying new, its got great fuel economy, and it holds tons of stuff. Best of all its not an EV so my monthly road trips can be without complication.

It's strange in that it will never be a vehicle I love but I am excited to get one to so I can do remotely normal car things without going "did I buy too many groceries?" or "sorry, I only have two seats."

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"thousands" Really? Please elaborate. Like you said "to good to be true"... Dont think im questioning you its the system i dont trust. In my experience when people say thousands it turns out to be 500.... not bad but not 1000s
Agreed. On my XLT + Lux + Skyroof + co-pilot 360 the difference between MSRP and Invoice is $670.00.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's strange in that it will never be a vehicle I love but I am excited to get one to so I can do remotely normal car things without going "did I buy too many groceries?" or "sorry, I only have two seats."
I love being able to say, “sorry, I only have…” so I don’t have to carpool, take people to lunch, or help anyone move, but I’m an introvert and don’t like riding with people anyway. They look at my car and I’m like, “it’s cool. I’ll meet you there.” Never an issue. 😆

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love being able to say, “sorry, I only have…” They look at my car and I’m like, “it’s cool. I’ll meet you there.” Never an issue. 😆
I drove a Fiesta hatchback stick for years and got many similar reactions. :D
Sponsored