Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Nice and simple:

Need: Heated wheel and seats - they're the first thing to warm in a hard winter

Want: keyless entry - after driving a rental with it, it's great when your hands are full

Don't: digital dashboards - simple needles work for me

Your turn!

Ps: ford if you're reading thing and using it for market research, thank us with a leak/teaser 😏
Sponsored

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Need: Decent Size Second Row Cabin (Growing Family.) Solid Infotainment system.

Want: Heated Seats and Steering Wheel, SunRoof, Leather Seats.

Don’t: AWD, Large Tow Capacity.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Need: 4 wheels, bed and an engine. A ladder rack/roof rack combo for longer items and lumber(this'll be an aftermarket solution for sure).

Want: 2.0 Option-ability across all trims. As small of a rear seat as humanly possible/as large of a bed as they can. Super basic but functional interior features(Keyless entry, power windows, sliding rear window, cloth seats, an actual key). A manual transmission but theres zero chance of that. A healthy aftermarket from both Ford and go-fast people like Mountune.

Dont Want: Any fancy audio features, give me buttons with no touch screens in sight. Any self driving/emergency response/warning systems. Idle start-stop (i figure ill have to find a way to disable this). Rear seat (a fleet delete option would be spectacular). A/C (once again, Ill have to find a way a way to disable this, like all my vehicles). AWD (i can take it or leave it, id prefer no AWD).

Realistically if they make a fleet model in white with black bumpers, steelies, no rear seat, and give it the 2.0 Id be in heaven.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not really a features person, if we're talking about features as add ons rather than capacities.

Need: Strong AC

Want: Android autoplay, a clever cargo management system, cloth seats, vinyl floor option.

Don't want: Touch screen climate and volume controls.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why disable the A/C? I can understand not needing it or using it. I rarely use it. In fact I probably use it more in the winter to dehumidify the cabin from all the wet and snowy clothes that come in than I do in the summer. Half of my previous vehicles have either not had A/C or it was depleted by the time I was owner. But disabling it altogether seems a little excessive.

No judgement, obviously you can do whatever you want. I'm just curious.
It just serves zero purpose to me and often disabling or removing all the components is better for me. On my Pulsar NX, Miata, Tracker, Subaru GL I actually pulled the systems entirely for both weight savings and to clear up a ton of room in the engine bay making working on the car easier. On my Grand Marquis I didnt actually disable it because its a "dumb" system overall. It wont automatically turn on, straight up manual controls and theres already miles of room to work under the hood. Plus thats not a sports car or an offroad built vehicle where its massively better without the A/C. It worked when I bought the car but after the salesman turned it on its never been used again and it wont ever be.

My biggest issue with the AC on newer cars (and i assume the Maverick will have it) is that it often turns on automatically when changing the temp control to the bottom of the range (just to have the heat fully off) or sometimes when you use the defrosters. That would drive me bonkers. My girlfriends new Honda Fit does it with the defroster sometimes and on something that low powered with a manual transmission it is a SUPER noticeable dip in power. I would have had that disabled in the first week after I took delivery of it. If its manually controlled I can just ignore it but when its automatically turning on against my wishes at random times its going to get disabled. Im pulling relays til it doesnt turn on. Besides all these reasons listed I just have never in my life been in a situation I would have wanted to use A/C. Even in 100*+ heat waves and sticky humidity Id rather just have the window down all the time. Only time my windows arent down is when its under freezing.

Sponsored

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It just serves zero purpose to me and often disabling or removing all the components is better for me. On my Pulsar NX, Miata, Tracker, Subaru GL I actually pulled the systems entirely for both weight savings and to clear up a ton of room in the engine bay making working on the car easier. On my Grand Marquis I didnt actually disable it because its a "dumb" system overall. It wont automatically turn on, straight up manual controls and theres already miles of room to work under the hood. Plus thats not a sports car or an offroad built vehicle where its massively better without the A/C. It worked when I bought the car but after the salesman turned it on its never been used again and it wont ever be.

My biggest issue with the AC on newer cars (and i assume the Maverick will have it) is that it often turns on automatically when changing the temp control to the bottom of the range (just to have the heat fully off) or sometimes when you use the defrosters. That would drive me bonkers. My girlfriends new Honda Fit does it with the defroster sometimes and on something that low powered with a manual transmission it is a SUPER noticeable dip in power. I would have had that disabled in the first week after I took delivery of it. If its manually controlled I can just ignore it but when its automatically turning on against my wishes at random times its going to get disabled. Im pulling relays til it doesnt turn on. Besides all these reasons listed I just have never in my life been in a situation I would have wanted to use A/C. Even in 100*+ heat waves and sticky humidity Id rather just have the window down all the time. Only time my windows arent down is when its under freezing.
Man, I thought I was somewhat ambivalent to AC (though not against it), until I moved to Las Vegas. When it's 115 in the summer, those open windows are just letting the wind convection cook you. I loved in sticky, disgusting DC and would just put the windows down, but this was a different level.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500

You’re a better/tougher man than me. These humid NC summers are BRUTAL. I couldn’t imagine not having AC.

Last edited:

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two door extended cab with a bed big enough to put a motorcycle in. Would like to see AWD with a normal front wheel drive but have the rears driven by electric motors. That would eliminate all the mechanicals running from the engine to the rear drivetrain.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another feature I want: Ability to order with or easily add skid plates. I am happy to have a more manageable height vehicle than a jacked up truck/Jeep, but I'd like to be able to add some protection when I'm getting close to the limit of what's a good idea in such a vehicle, otherwise I'd want a vehicle that enables more margin of error. The Bronco Sport Badlands comes with some bash plates (I'm not sure what they cover), so I'm hopeful the "off road" package of the Maverick will get them too.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Two door extended cab with a bed big enough to put a motorcycle in. Would like to see AWD with a normal front wheel drive but have the rears driven by electric motors. That would eliminate all the mechanicals running from the engine to the rear drivetrain.
Would panel windows and rear bench delete make the single cab guys happy? 🤣

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Dont Want: Any fancy audio features, give me buttons with no touch screens in sight. Any self driving/emergency response/warning systems. Idle start-stop (i figure ill have to find a way to disable this). Rear seat (a fleet delete option would be spectacular). A/C (once again, Ill have to find a way a way to disable this, like all my vehicles). AWD (i can take it or leave it, id prefer no AWD).

Realistically if they make a fleet model in white with black bumpers, steelies, no rear seat, and give it the 2.0 Id be in heaven.
Freaking this!! The rental I'm driving now has the touch screen tuning knobs, I'm driving in the middle of nowhere hoping to find a station that works, but it's so distracting taking my eyes off the road to find the exact place to touch on the screen to tune in the next functioning station, if all infotainments have a warning that says don't use the screen while moving, do companies (Especially tesla) expect me to wait until the next red light to change radio stations, turn on heated seats, or pretty much any other function? Most commutes are driver only...

New need: Forget the touchscreen, give me an F1 style steering wheel with every car function on it

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Maverick, 10 Ranger Sport, 03 VTX1800C
Need: reasonable pricing, high build quality and BUILT FORD TOUGH.

Want: 2.0T, selectable AWD, drift mode (I can dream), rear seat delete (or completely flat folding), good sound system WITH KNOBS, heated (and cooled?) power seats, power windows (including rear slider), sunroof.

Don't: Cram thousands of dollars of high tech BS down my throat. I dont want a vehicle to drive itself! No navigation. No automatic braking.

No BS... just like the Maverick cars of the 70s, GIVE ME A SIMPLE MACHINE.

NEPA_60

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sonoma
Need: Low cost, basic, commuter/work truck, great gas mieage
Want: standard cab or at most extended cab, 4wd, manual trans, 6 ft bed
Don't need: 2nd row seats, computer in center of dash, reverse camera (can use mirrors), tpms system (can use tire pressure guage), carpet (too hard to clean), oil change reminder.

OK most of these are pet peeves. I'm not typical truck buyer of today. I'm 60 and have fond memories of riding in my grandfather's truck with steel dash and floor, vinyl seats, 3 on the tree, and OMG vent windows. His even had am radio. That was a TRUCK.
Sponsored