First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger / Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess that means they will still be shipping 2022s into October-November next year.
Exactly, those dates are best case scenario dates....so assuming everything runs like clockwork for the next 10 MONTHS......LOL.....yeah that's going to happen.... 2023 model starts production Oct 24th...so they will still be building 2022 trucks in early Oct. There is not going to be a big time lapse on the production line between model years..........there are current truck orders in that are 10 or 11 months away from delivery.
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LMAO, that is such a lie. You sure you're not a car salesman?

Dealers are making record profits across the country!

Thanks to stealership markups, the average new vehicle price has now topped $45K, record highest of all time:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...rage-new-car-price-all-time-high-a4060089312/

Stealerships are literally laughing all the way to the bank and having private parties with hookers and blow throwing piles of cash into the air. They probably spit in Tiny Tim's face when he asked for more porridge, and told him to place an order now and he'll be fed in 7 months at $50 a bowl.
HaHaHa! We've got plenty of time, tell us how you really feel !!!

I LOVE it! Thanks for the mental pictures! :LOL:

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From @fordvideoguy (Tim Bartz) video (posted below):

2023 Maverick Timeline:
  • August 16 order bank open
  • September 15 scheduling begins
  • October 6 retail scheduling
  • October 24 1st production
  • October 27 OK to buy

Well at least us First Edition buyers know we will get our before August 2022!!

Tim, really appreciate you these videos out and on Youtube as generally out on Tuesdays and cannot watch live.

Hope you have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
This is making me worry about when I'll actually get my October hybrid order. Was hoping by late May at the latest, but if 2022 production is happening back to back with 2023 production, it might not be until next September. Ugh.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim, unless we head some insight into national numbers there is no way that understanding constraints do anything. How many hybrid orders still remain to be filled - XL, XLT, Lariat. 40 percent hybrids doesn’t mean much unless you have the total number of hybrids that are ordered. March - September at 6K per month times .40 = 16,800 hybrids. I suspect there are more orders than that and we haven’t even got into Lux Package constraints.
Tim did say last night that of the 5500 Mavs they expect to produce in March, 2000 will be EB and 3500 will be Hybrid! Yea!

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim did say last night that of the 5500 Mavs they expect to produce in March, 2000 will be EB and 3500 will be Hybrid! Yea!
That is a pitiful number and no one has taken into account what the production will look like with the Transit connect moving production to Mexico. No way producing 3500 hybrid Mavericks a month will ever get caught up. They built over 11,000 bronco sports just in November

Last edited:

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
LMAO, that is such a lie. You sure you're not a car salesman?

Dealers are making record profits across the country!

Thanks to stealership markups, the average new vehicle price has now topped $45K, record highest of all time:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...rage-new-car-price-all-time-high-a4060089312/

Stealerships are literally laughing all the way to the bank and having private parties with hookers and blow throwing piles of cash into the air. They probably spit in Tiny Tim's face when he asked for more porridge, and told him to place an order now and he'll be fed in 7 months at $50 a bowl.
I don't think you understand how statistics work lol.

Nobody disagrees that the vehicle market is on fire, nobody disagrees that dealers have crazy markups, and nobody disagrees that sales are up from 2020. I'm not sure if you recall 2020, there happened to be a global disruption to trade and manufacturing. Follow me here on this one, but there was a massive dip in sales leading to a slight return to normality (compared to 2020) so of course sales are hugely improved over 2020.

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick ordering begins August 16, 2022; production begins October 24, 2022 1640197412164

This particular source didn't have 2021 yet and probably only includes new vehicles since 17.5 million in 2016 is exactly what the new sales figures were. You can play pretend or whatever but I can't imagine being clueless about the 2020 global economy.

Also for your particular criticism, notice that I said "a lot of dealerships are struggling" and not "every dealership is going out of business".

Extra reading:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/ne...because-automakers-cant-make-enough-cars.html

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/an...etween-inelasticity-and-elasticity-demand.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to ispot.tv (a commercial tracking website), this is the only national Maverick commercial there is and it looks pretty old. There’s been more F-150 Lightning commercials than Maverick commercials.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/OMzS/ford-the-all-new-ford-maverick-t1
It seems as though Ford is targeting people in my kids’ generation for the Maverick. Many of them don’t watch broadcast TV, so perhaps it’s underrepresented in the tracking.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think you understand how statistics work lol.

Nobody disagrees that the vehicle market is on fire, nobody disagrees that dealers have crazy markups, and nobody disagrees that sales are up from 2020. I'm not sure if you recall 2020, there happened to be a global disruption to trade and manufacturing. Follow me here on this one, but there was a massive dip in sales leading to a slight return to normality (compared to 2020) so of course sales are hugely improved over 2020.

1640197412164.png

This particular source didn't have 2021 yet and probably only includes new vehicles since 17.5 million in 2016 is exactly what the new sales figures were. You can play pretend or whatever but I can't imagine being clueless about the 2020 global economy.

Also for your particular criticism, notice that I said "a lot of dealerships are struggling" and not "every dealership is going out of business".

Also a special fuck you for calling me a liar, don't talk about things you are completely clueless about.
Those are 2021 profits that absolutely shattered 2020s amazing numbers. And its not about sales figures its about $$$PROFITS$$$.

Source: Average dealership profit on pace to shatter 2020 record, NADA data shows

When you say "dealers are struggling" the implication is that they aren't making profit, not volume, but the numbers show the exact opposite, that they are more profitable now than ever before! And not just by a little bit, this is basically their problem:

Low volume high profit margin is a MUCH more lucrative business model, just ask the major LCD manufacturers that were convicted of colluding in a Singapore hotel to mutually agree to reduce production in order to increase profits which they did for years until caught.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think he said that 2,000 EB was being produced for dealer stock. If that is true then the 40% hybrid should be based on 3500. @fordvideoguy is that true? If the allocation of lariat lux was 20 percent then there will be a total of 3500*.40= 1400 hybrids * .20 = 280 hybrid lux for the whole country.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think he said that 2,000 EB was being produced for dealer stock. If that is true then the 40% hybrid should be based on 3500. @fordvideoguy is that true? If the allocation of lariat lux was 20 percent then there will be a total of 3500*.40= 1400 hybrids * .20 = 280 hybrid lux for the whole country.
No, its 3500 hybrids for March. April production is projected to be 6000 total. So hopefully even more hybrids in April. Even though it was a live stream the recording is still there on YouTube. Listen at the 48 minute mark.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I think what they are referring to is dealer orders. I'll need to look at it again.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
From @fordvideoguy (Tim Bartz) video (posted below):

2023 Maverick Timeline:
  • August 16 order bank open
  • September 15 scheduling begins
  • October 6 retail scheduling
  • October 24 1st production
  • October 27 OK to buy

Well at least us First Edition buyers know we will get our before August 2022!!

Ford just needs to get my f’ing 2022 first edition hybrid before I give a 💩 about the 2023.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly, those dates are best case scenario dates....so assuming everything runs like clockwork for the next 10 MONTHS......LOL.....yeah that's going to happen.... 2023 model starts production Oct 24th...so they will still be building 2022 trucks in early Oct. There is not going to be a big time lapse on the production line between model years..........there are current truck orders in that are 10 or 11 months away from delivery.
There will probably be very little difference between a 22 & 23 model, only refinements & an extra shiny thing you can order. This way they can run 2022 production right into 2023 all they have to change is the VIN from 2 to 3.
Sponsored