Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a pitiful number and no one has taken into account what the production will look like with the Transit connect moving production to Mexico. No way producing 3500 hybrid Mavericks a month will ever get caught up. They built over 11,000 bronco sports just in November
That's assuming that Ford wouldn't invest in equipment/labor to increase production commensurately. Or that the current limitations of production aren't possibly due to factors outside of the plant itself such as the availability of subassembly components like, y'know, a certain a semiconductor shortage.
Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This means I can’t order one until next August for my daughter to receive in August 23?

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's assuming that Ford wouldn't invest in equipment/labor to increase production commensurately. Or that the current limitations of production aren't possibly due to factors outside of the plant itself such as the availability of subassembly components like, y'know, a certain a semiconductor shortage.
I hope so cause for MY23 they will be producing MAV’s for all of South America out of that same plant.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I personally think the maverick is a 400 000 + yearly volume vehicle. Especially the hybrid or ev. As long as price point stays competitive.

The Maverick is a better compact car. Even though its a little truck.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What does that have to do really with anything ? That plant according to Ford - "Capacity of the plant was improved to 300,000 units per year." So if indeed that is true WITHOUT shutdowns, without chip shortage, WITH adding the production of the Transit Connect and the 40% hybrid ratio - could they even produce enough hybrids to fill existing orders ? Sounds doubtful if they are announcing such low production numbers no matter the cause.

Sponsored

RobA979

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish there was a way to find out the price for MY2023 and the changes they are going to make. If the price stays about the same I would seriously consider selling my MY2022 for a nice profit and waiting the 10 months more for a MY2023. If they made it a plug-in hybrid and Sync 4 stereo for about the same price it would be a no brainer for me. I can wait, heck I have already waited 6 months.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no reason why they can’t build a AWD Hybrid. That’s the configuration on my 2021 Escape Titanium Hybrid.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sucks for those of us who wanted to order a 2023 hybrid model. Ford initially said June. My Ranger lease ends in August. I might have to get the EB now.
Extend your lease

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Went to one dealer and called another where I have my truck serviced. First one offered me $2k over buyout price and the other said to bring it in but estimated between $2k-$3k positive equity.

I am tempted to sell it and now and order a Maverick EcoBoost and wait for it to arrive in the spring.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to one dealer and called another where I have my truck serviced. First one offered me $2k over buyout price and the other said to bring it in but estimated between $2k-$3k positive equity.

I am tempted to sell it and now and order a Maverick EcoBoost and wait for it to arrive in the spring.
If you don't need the truck now... Tempting for sure. I don't think 2023 Mavs are going to be priced the same though, so if the plan is to jump onto one of those in the future, might be a net negative. Who knows though?

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No really good place to ask this, but will put it here. Has anyone seen a TV commercial from Ford on the Maverick?
Why waste money advertising when they're basically sold out of the 2022 Maverick run, Especially the hybrid you can't get one of those till this time next years a 2023

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I was very impressed with my local Ford dealer Mike Fitzpatrick, I have not purchased the vehicle officially yet but they were very no nonsense and up front about everything thus far. I'm a young guy but I've noticed that typically older dealers are a lot more honest, all the young ones I've met for the most part were a touch on the scummy side. My Hyundai dealer was a nightmare from the start, I left after ~10 minutes oh and they have a 10k markup on all vehicles including the Venue and Kona which are sort of shitty econoboxes with very little redeeming features.

Service network is a big deal, just ask east coast Tesla owners who've had to have something fixed.
Dealers like that will get what they deserve hopefully in bankruptcy court😉

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who says they aren't spending money on marketing? Those you tubers taking loaners for a ride borrowed their mavs from ford marketing. They just aren't running TV ads.
Yeah but they don't have to pay for YouTube advertising somebody else takes care of that, Don't get to make those YouTube videos for free

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I'm thinking also. Order date of 08/30 for hybrid lux/360. Guessing I may get it in April or May and trade it in for what I paid for it or come out ahead for the MY2023.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah but they don't have to pay for YouTube advertising somebody else takes care of that, Don't get to make those YouTube videos for free
Lol. There is money changing hands.
Sponsored