First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No really good place to ask this, but will put it here. Has anyone seen a TV commercial from Ford on the Maverick?
No. Don't think they will since it's selling so well. Why spend the money on marketing at this point.
Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Obviously I could be a tad biased here having ordered in November and I can definitely relate to being irritated at getting passed over. That said however, they have dealers to keep happy and the market has been tough. On this forum all I ever hear is about stealerships and how they should all die and go away but there are a lot of dealers out there struggling. Personally if I ran a dealership I'd be looking for another job if the allocation system didn't exist.
I agree - the dealers are a vital part of the grand scheme. They provide the service network that many take for granted, until they need warranty service.
This current climate has made it hard for manufacturers to produce enough vehicles for retail and dealers. The allocations are essential to dealers and drive incentives to sell more. They have always purchased and inventoried a lot of vehicles which puts them where buyers can see, drive and buy them.
I think the shortage in the market is going to continue and drive up prices more by mid-year. Some dealers will keep operating like usual - some being fair and some being creepy... Glad I am not selling cars!

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I agree - the dealers are a vital part of the grand scheme. They provide the service network that many take for granted, until they need warranty service.
This current climate has made it hard for manufacturers to produce enough vehicles for retail and dealers. The allocations are essential to dealers and drive incentives to sell more. They have always purchased and inventoried a lot of vehicles which puts them where buyers can see, drive and buy them.
I think the shortage in the market is going to continue and drive up prices more by mid-year. Some dealers will keep operating like usual - some being fair and some being creepy... Glad I am not selling cars!
Yeah I was very impressed with my local Ford dealer Mike Fitzpatrick, I have not purchased the vehicle officially yet but they were very no nonsense and up front about everything thus far. I'm a young guy but I've noticed that typically older dealers are a lot more honest, all the young ones I've met for the most part were a touch on the scummy side. My Hyundai dealer was a nightmare from the start, I left after ~10 minutes oh and they have a 10k markup on all vehicles including the Venue and Kona which are sort of shitty econoboxes with very little redeeming features.

Service network is a big deal, just ask east coast Tesla owners who've had to have something fixed.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. Don't think they will since it's selling so well. Why spend the money on marketing at this point.
Who says they aren't spending money on marketing? Those you tubers taking loaners for a ride borrowed their mavs from ford marketing. They just aren't running TV ads.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
there are a lot of dealers out there struggling.
LMAO, that is such a lie. You sure you're not a car salesman?

Dealers are making record profits across the country!
According to the National Automobile Dealers Association, the average U.S. dealership recorded net pretax profit of $3 million through September. That was more than double the $1.3 million in net pretax profit reported for the first nine months of 2020. And it’s already well above the $2.1 million in net pretax profit recorded for the average dealership for all of 2020, which itself was an all-time record annual profit.

The average dealership’s operating profit more than quintupled through the first nine months of the year to $1.8 million. Net pretax profit includes operating profit and the automaker incentive money paid out to dealerships for complying with certain performance targets.
Thanks to stealership markups, the average new vehicle price has now topped $45K, record highest of all time:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...rage-new-car-price-all-time-high-a4060089312/
Transaction prices for the 2022 Hyundai Accent SE and the 2022 Kia Telluride EX AWD, for example, were up to 20 percent higher than their manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP)
Stealerships are literally laughing all the way to the bank and having private parties with hookers and blow throwing piles of cash into the air. They probably spit in Tiny Tim's face when he asked for more porridge, and told him to place an order now and he'll be fed in 7 months at $50 a bowl.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I take this news as - my MY22 Maverick Hybrid will be produced no later than 10/17/22. I'm ok with this.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those are estimated dates from Ford as shared from our Zone Ford Rep on today Ford Wholesale.
What will the new MSRP look like for either MY ‘23 Hybrid or Ecoboost?

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
Guess that means they will still be shipping 2022s into October-November next year.
I think your totally right; I'm banking on not getting my July 7 hybrid lux until Fall at this point-with the overall constraint on hybrid engines and lux packages....

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This if from Tim's live Youtube

2023 Hybrid Production
August 16 order bank open
September 15 scheduling begins
October 6 retail scheduling
October 24 1st production
October 27 OK to buy
So to clarify: this schedule is JUST FOR HYBRIDS? If so, the opening post by thread starter UncleDuke and the banner needs to be updated with the bolded section in the post I'm quoting above that says 2023 Hybrid Production.

Otherwise it misrepresents the issue to look like the schedule applies to ALL Mavericks including ECOboost models. All previous information (including from my dealer) suggests order banks will open "in the Spring" as normal with a model year changeover.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So to clarify: this schedule is JUST FOR HYBRIDS? If so, the opening post by thread starter UncleDuke and the banner needs to be updated with the bolded section in the post I'm quoting above that says 2023 Hybrid Production.

Otherwise it misrepresents the issue to look like the schedule applies to ALL Mavericks including ECOboost models. All previous information (including from my dealer) suggests order banks will open "in the Spring" as normal with a model year changeover.
No, should be all Maverick production

Last edited:
Sponsored

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
^^^^^
This, Ford normally allows up to a 6 month extension.
They are allowing up to a year with a warranty extension end it at anytime no order required.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While I "may" get my early August truck by August..... , It will be interesting to see if there are any changes for MY23 such as maybe a sync 4 w/ larger screen or different exterior colors , interior options, or a 4wd hybrid or "gasp" an all electric announcement. As far as the questions " is this only for hybrids ", - unless they shut down ALL ordering how could it not be? The only difference for EB trucks would be on August 16th you would get a MY23 instead of a 22.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I don't think there will be any big changes for 2023 model year. What this tells me is Hybrid Mavericks will be hot for the next few years.

Also if Ford opens up a reservation for an EV Maverick ill sign up. Might get it by 2027 then.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From @fordvideoguy (Tim Bartz) video (posted below):

2023 Maverick Timeline:
  • August 16 order bank open
  • September 15 scheduling begins
  • October 6 retail scheduling
  • October 24 1st production
  • October 27 OK to buy

Well at least us First Edition buyers know we will get our before August 2022!!

Tim, unless we head some insight into national numbers there is no way that understanding constraints do anything. How many hybrid orders still remain to be filled - XL, XLT, Lariat. 40 percent hybrids doesn’t mean much unless you have the total number of hybrids that are ordered. March - September at 6K per month times .40 = 16,800 hybrids. I suspect there are more orders than that and we haven’t even got into Lux Package constraints.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost