First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fell into a Lariat 2.0 with 4K towing, All Wheel Drive, LUX pkg, Copilot 360 and off road plus. I think the only missing items are a sun roof and first edition. My first choice was the XLT with LUX and Copilot 360 was the best configuration. This truck came up and I took it. I have no regrets about all the additional stuff and it is great. I had shopped other trucks and with all this the Maverick was cheaper to buy. It also fits in the garage which other truck didn’t. I feel I made a good decision with this truck.
Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I'm endlessly waiting for my maverick to come in. I'm debating on upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat. I keep going back and forth on it. I'm curious to what everyone's reason were for choosing their trim level. Also has anyone gotten the XLT or Lariat and wish they didn't.
"Lariat with Luxury is the only civilized choice..."

Ford Maverick XLT vs. Lariat Debate tea-drink

Zomdos

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
15,000 miles in five months with the Lariat Lux has done nothing but reassure me that I made the right decision to go with a higher trim and options. The interior is quieter in my busy city, the ACC and Lane Keep Assist has made 12 hour drives or crowded highway commutes seem like a breeze. After having both of those features in a vehicle I don't think I can ever go back. The upgraded sound system still isn't great but good enough that I haven't felt the urge to spend more money upgrading it. The truck at every level is still a bargain regardless if its the XL or a full loaded Lariat. I'll have this truck for a while so the additional cost for the comfort was absolutely worth it given how I use it.

DeezTrucks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2002 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the XLT, mainly because I didn't care much about the "extras" in the Lariat. Also I don't like the interior of the Lariat or the wheels very much. I like the orange accents in the XLT and am even debating getting the spray in bed liner in orange to match once the truck comes in.

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a 23 Lariat Lux. I want all of the safety features I can get plus the acoustic windshield and better sound system.

Sponsored

SamMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid Lariot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Lariat lux hard roll up Alto blue (now no-charge option) just received it 09/28 one week short of a year. out the door $34,305 LOVE IT! But Sept 16th I order a 2023 Black XLT Lux with BOP hard roll up $31,915 total W/shipping. Check back with me in a year,lol!

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
15,000 miles in five months with the Lariat Lux has done nothing but reassure me that I made the right decision to go with a higher trim and options. The interior is quieter in my busy city, the ACC and Lane Keep Assist has made 12 hour drives or crowded highway commutes seem like a breeze. After having both of those features in a vehicle I don't think I can ever go back. The upgraded sound system still isn't great but good enough that I haven't felt the urge to spend more money upgrading it. The truck at every level is still a bargain regardless if its the XL or a full loaded Lariat. I'll have this truck for a while so the additional cost for the comfort was absolutely worth it given how I use it.

How do you know the interior is quieter than it would be in the xlt?

Zomdos

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do you know the interior is quieter than it would be in the xlt?
The Lariat comes with an acoustic windshield which is outlined on the features page on Ford's website. Also, my father has an XL (assuming its the same windshield as the XLT) and both of us can tell a difference between the two.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't speak to the math on the 2023, but for the 2022, I think the Lauriat Lux was a great deal. The acoustic windshield alone and the LED lights are $1,500 each. When you look at everything that is included it seemed like a bargain. Also, there is residual value there as well. When you trade, you will get some of that additional cost back. The per year cost of the extra stuff would be a couple hundred dollars.
You could buy at least 2 acoustic windshields for $1500.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a 23 Lariat Lux. I want all of the safety features I can get plus the acoustic windshield and better sound system.
Just had our first imminent Collison warning- Kinda crazy

Sponsored

Eddiesan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus SEL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used drive a RAV4 Limited and I got spoiled not having to dig in my pockets all the time for the keys. I ordered a Lariat w/Lux Package. Still way cheaper than the Ridgeline I was looking at. We'll see what happens now with my order. ;)

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's face it, ANY trim level and configuration on a Mav for MSRP is a GREAT deal. Do you see what a new F150 Lariat costs? ADM on Mav's on the lot?

I got the Lariat-Lux FX4, every bell and whistle (hard tri-fold tonneau cover too) and it came in at 39k (I got $750 cash back so really 38 and change) and I love it. I paid almost as much for a 2012 F150 Lariat in 2016 that already had 69k miles on it. So speaking in relative terms, it still doesn't seem like an 'expensive' vehicle to me.

There are some things that could be better, like how easily the plastics scratch, but that is every trim on the 22'.

After 10k miles I love my Mav.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
The Lariat comes with an acoustic windshield which is outlined on the features page on Ford's website. Also, my father has an XL (assuming its the same windshield as the XLT) and both of us can tell a difference between the two.

Windshield doing a lot of work.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a XLT with 6,000+ miles on it, love it! But after a long road trip I kind of wish. I had adaptive cruise and Lane centering. I have co-pilot 360 with lane keeping but it's not the same. That said, I don't know if I could have justified. the extra cost for those 2 things. Plus don't really care for leather/leather substitute seats. Wish they would have added those features in the co-pilot 360 package. Even if it was a little more.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Om not going to read 17 pages, so sorry if my comments are redundant.

I went XLT

I hate machined wheels.
I didn't like the shoe fake-leather interior in the Lariat.

I don't commute in heavy traffic so I don't care about ACC (besides I actually like driving).

I find the sound system in the XLT acceptable. Some say Kariat is quiet (acoustic windshield) but I find XLT pretty quiet (coming from a 2014 VW Jetta).

So I went XLT and added $2100 of Katzkin leather for a custom I'm very happy with.
Sponsored